closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant keep them all so which goes?

Cant keep them all so which goes?

I had a bit of a crazy summer, went a bit silly and ended up with three of these. They can’t all stay. I know they’re not to everyone’s taste but if you get them you really get them. I know of several guys who have sold them only to chase down another shortly after.

Clearly if you don’t like them then this thread isn’t for you, its going to hurt your eyes, so i’d suggest putting me on ignore!

This was the first black steel to replace the black I sold last year:

Then i picked up a rarely seen white version:

And then I couldn’t resist the new titanium version:

Pros and cons as I see it:

Black steel is probably the most replaceable, but it’s the one i wear the most and is worth the least of the three which is a good thing.

The white is super hard to find, it’s a bit showy on the mesh but calms down a lot on rubber. Gets the most interest and comments, and my only white faced watch

The titanium is obviously lighter and therefore more wearable. It is worth the most by quite a margin. It’s the one I bought new. No date but I see that as a benefit.

Go on, humour me....which would you move on?

I’d keep the titanium & sell the others. Better weight balance & imo a better fit with different strap/bracelet options.

If you need the cash sell the ti & the white & keep the steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based purely on the fact that I personally find the date facing 'radially outwards?' strange, and the questionable requirement for a date on such an obvious tool watch, part with the first two.

But....the white dialled one is rather nice....

There are other equally valid opinions out there.

I don’t like the white so that would go if it were me
    I really need to add one of these to the collection. Fantastic looking watches

Master
    Love em all. So no help here.... ;-)

Edit: I suspect the titanium is the most comfy and wearable so that would be the definite keeper.
    Last edited by stefmcd; 20th September 2018 at 10:32.

I'd keep the bottom one. Agree that a date on a watch like this looks contrived

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    The dial/bezel on the black steel look sharper than the titanium, though think this might just be the focus?

If it is sharper, I'd keep the black steel as it's your main wearer and looks the best. Else if they're the same dial (minus the date) the titanium sounds the winner as yours from new, most value and sounds more wearable (though why don't you??).

No votes for the white yet!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I had a bit of a crazy summer, went a bit silly and ended up with three of these. They can’t all stay. I know they’re not to everyone’s taste but if you get them you really get them. I know of several guys who have sold them only to chase down another shortly after.

Clearly if you don’t like them then this thread isn’t for you, its going to hurt your eyes, so i’d suggest putting me on ignore!

….

A bit of pre-emptive goading is never going to go down well, but bear in mind that you’re equally free to ignore any comments you don’t agree with.
    I don’t like the style of this watch whatsoever, but logic practically dictates that keeping the rarer white and no-date Titanium makes the most sense since it covers all the bases – date/weight/colour.

If it’s a financially driven decision, then whichever is going to return the most money, even if it means losing a chunk in depreciation on the Titanium one.

Apprentice

This was the first black steel to replace the black I sold last year:

Then i picked up a rarely seen white version:

And then I couldn’t resist the new titanium version:

Pros and cons as I see it:

Black steel is probably the most replaceable, but it’s the one i wear the most and is worth the least of the three which is a good thing.

The white is super hard to find, it’s a bit showy on the mesh but calms down a lot on rubber. Gets the most interest and comments, and my only white faced watch

The titanium is obviously lighter and therefore more wearable. It is worth the most by quite a margin. It’s the one I bought new. No date but I see that as a benefit.

I would keep number 2, definitely prefer the clean white dial.

in order:-

1. black - classic and least value and you wear the most
    2. titanium - I would enjoy the lightness
    3. white - just not for me....they got the bezel from the ladies watch parts bin

I'd keep the white and titanium. Although you are ever so slightly a nutter for having all three :) Of course this place is the home of nutters and I can hardly talk!

Great comments.

Personally I d keep the white dial and titanium version, but it s interesting that you say that the titanium is the most wearable and yet of the three the steel is your go to...

Is there a reason for this which may effect your decision?

Craftsman
    I'd get rid of the white one - the contrast between the robustness of the shape and the delicacy of the dial, even more than the bezel as pointed out by Danthewatchman, doesn't work for me.

I don't have a problem with the inclusion of the date function, however: not only is it historically accurate so to speak, but I also expect that most buyers would not use the Ploprof as a diving instrument but as a watch like any other, which is when the date begins to make perfect sense.

Craftsman
    sell the white one - to me!

Blog Entries
    If you wear the black most - keep that. I had one for a while and really enjoyed it.

I’d sell the Ti first - keep the white for the summer maybe?

here is a picture of mine

Master
    IMO of course,

Sell the black, "common" as muck
    Sell the white, to me it looks SH!T

Keep the Ti, more wearable, rarer, no silly 4:30 date.

The thing that gets me about them is, they are impractical, bulky, heavy and fugly, but when I tried one on I really really wanted it. Never did buy it, I chose a Ti PO instead, but due to height it caught on everything, so I had to move it on

Master
    Brave choices; keep the basic black. It's the nearest stab at 'sensible.' What you really need is a holiday deep-diving somewhere nice and warm.
    Let's face it,I doubt that 5% of guys on here have ever been 15 metres under the water, which is quite deep enough for air-breathing mammals.

Master
    Keep the one you wear the most, ergo the black steel.

Personally I would keep the ti.

Owl1
    The white would have to go, if i had to choose .

I’d just keep them. I have the black date models, one on rubber and one on mesh. It was just easier than swapping the bracelet around for a little more expense.
    It's just a matter of time...

Never owned one, but like the bold design. I would vote to keep black steel first, less expensive, and I always like a date function, and it seems to be your go to anyway. The white dial would be the first to go if it were me, then the ti version, which looks very similar to the steel version, apart from the date window, though will be more comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Bin the white one, the robust nature of the mighty Ploprof doesn`t suit that colour, the bezel adding to the anaemic look of white-dialled steel watches on bracelets. Would look OK on (black) rubber.

Proper watches, though..

Cant keep them all so which goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    I’d keep the titanium & sell the others. Better weight balance & imo a better fit with different strap/bracelet options.

If you need the cash sell the ti & the white & keep the steel.

This^^^^

But in either scenario get shot of that horrid white one!

The white looks better when dressed in rubber;

Apprentice
    I would keep the titanium. Better in every way, plus the absence of date and you spare your wallet the biggest hit.

The white looks better when dressed in rubber;

Sorry but it really doesn’t do it for me!

I love the watch but not that colour

Craftsman
    Keep the titanium and sell the other 2

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Sorry but it really doesn’t do it for me!

I love the watch but not that colour
    Doesn’t sound like the white face will be flying off SC

Craftsman
    Keep em all!

If I had to sell one it would be the titanium because I don't like titanium as much as steel myself
    I'd keep the steel as it's your go to watch. I'd keep the white because it looks great on the black rubber strap and id also sell the titanium because your bank balance would thank you

Master
    Blog Entries
    If cash was not a problem, I would keep the all, after all they are not going to lose much if any value

Craftsman
    The titanium looks the best with a nice clean date free dial.Also the light weight is a benefit with this size of watch

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

I never would have bought the white one

Probably keep the steel one, as it's the one you actually wear the most...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

That’s an easy one. Keep the Titanium. Lighter, more wearable and the no-date design is a plus here!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Keep the white.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Keep the white

No doubt in my mind. Keep the white on mesh.

As you know I really like them all and if I was in your shoes I would find this a very tough decision because they all have pros and cons.....
    If I had to choose though it would be to keep the Titanium because it’s the most wearable, has the best dial without the date, see through back and comes with some cool extras such as a unique spare rubber and strap changing tool etc....
    You also owned it from new which probably makes it slightly more special.
    Last edited by shalako; 21st September 2018 at 21:15.

Put a black rubber strap on the titanium, weigh in the rest of the tat … and live happily ever after!

Craftsman
    Keep the white one.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I've never seen the white dialed one in the flesh, but solely based on your photo its the one I'd get rid of.

Move on the one that you like least. Not helpful I know, but you will have your own reasons for preferring a particular version. Personally my favourite is the ND titanium.

I couldn’t choose, I originally thought the White one should go straight to the SC but seeing the pics on the rubber straps changed my mind.
    I’ve never owned a PloProf, my 6 3/4” wrist couldn’t lift one but I’ve always stared at them wherever I saw one in an AD like a kid at a sweet shop window.
    Sell something else!

Master
    I think you need to start wearing the titanium and then figure out why you are wearing the black steel more.

The bracelet and adjustment on these is wonderful, so to only have one on rubber is a downside.

If you are wearing the titanium and yearn for the steel, then you have your answer.

77 grams

I’m clearly rubbish at making decisions when it comes to selling watches. Lots of good advice and opinions so have put the white and titanium versions on rubber straps to do a proper side by side bench test with the black steel that was my go to wearer. That was good advice and is already giving clarity. It has only been a day but the titanium on rubber is great, and the white on orange is just so outrageous, I love it for being so rude.

Interestingly there is a rather significant 77 grams different between the tI and the steel

Master
    Love the white dial on the orange rubber.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I would get rid of the white - don't think that the colour suits the 'personality' of the watch if that makes sense!

Love the other two!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd keep the white

Journeyman
    Dark colours go well with the watch I would choose those 2 over the white one.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    The last one.

Craftsman
    White face doesn't work