closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 219

Thread: Rolex price increase 1st Oct

  1. #1
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,266

    Rolex price increase 1st Oct

    Going up an average of 5% across the range in UK

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Going up an average of 5% across the range in UK
    Source?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,266
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Source?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Rolex.

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Source?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    HP - or tomato on bacon sandwiches.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    392
    You can't buy one anyway so the price increase is irrelevant

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  6. #6
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Brilliant LOL

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    You can't buy one anyway so the price increase is irrelevant

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Bigger deposit? ;-)

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,995
    Heard this yesterday, second hand, then supposedly it was confirmed by another person today from a second source - specifically a WoS shop, apparently.

    Not having much faith in what some of the bigger chain's staff claim at times, I'm still not certain. Ryan, able to provide any greater detail of the source?

    That's my only input unless or until I have anything concrete myself to contribute.

    H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 20th September 2018 at 10:54.

  9. #9
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Heard this yesterday, second hand, then supposedly it was confirmed by another person today from a second source - specifically a WoS shop, apparently.

    Not having much faith in what some of the bigger chain's staff claim at times, I'm still not certain. Ryan, able to provide any greater detail of the source?

    That's my only input unless or until I have anything concrete myself to contribute.

    H
    Hi Haywood. This was told to me today by a senior UK Rolex representative. I can't give any more away lest it gets anyone into trouble.

    Cheers.

    Ryan

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London-Islington
    Posts
    4,616
    Is this a UK thing? or applicable to other nations too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,266
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Is this a UK thing? or applicable to other nations too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UK only as far as i know

  12. #12
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,266
    So obviously in light of this news let's all head to our ADs and panic buy lots of Daytonas and Blue Skydwellers :)

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Hi Haywood. This was told to me today by a senior UK Rolex representative. I can't give any more away lest it gets anyone into trouble.

    Cheers.

    Ryan
    I wouldn't expect you to go any further and thankyou; fair enough.

    Not sure I look forward to the predictable forum frenzy which follows such a post / announcement, but will buckle in!

    H

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London-Islington
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    UK only as far as i know
    Cheers Ryan i guess they may be preparing for the GBP to tank in the event of a hard brexit perhaps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    502
    Do I recall seeing posts that a lot of watches were available just before/after the price increase last time it happened?

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Staffs.
    Posts
    2,851
    5% will do nothing to make the desirable models more available. It will just make the grey market more expensive.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Cheers Ryan i guess they may be preparing for the GBP to tank in the event of a hard brexit perhaps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    uk is already the cheapest place to buy in europe, i would imagine its to address that somewhat.

  18. #18
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die FuchsrŲhre
    Posts
    14,495
    TZ market value these days seems to be what WF has offered Kash for his his week-old watch minus the £100 that makes it a bargain waiting to be snapped up on SC.
    "A man of little significance"

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    You can't buy one anyway so the price increase is irrelevant

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    For steel sports models, very true sir!

  20. #20
    Craftsman jimmbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    591
    That's quite an increase. I might nip up town and grab a Submariner on my lunch break, you know, to get in before the price hike. Crikey, these things will be going for silly money soon. Maybe pre-owned is the way to go...
    Last edited by jimmbob; 20th September 2018 at 11:58.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Northants UK
    Posts
    312
    Be nice to even get a chance to buy one, still waiting for my call.

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So obviously in light of this news let's all head to our ADs and panic buy lots of Daytonas and Blue Skydwellers :)
    If you get a couple for me too, they'll probably give us a good discount :-)

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,725
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    TZ market value these days seems to be what WF has offered Kash for his his week-old watch minus the £100 that makes it a bargain waiting to be snapped up on SC.
    Yes, most smart people on here realise selling anything below what a dealer would offer is stupid. Let me think, someone can sell to a unknown with potential complications OR a very simple deal with the trade. It is therefore a favour to offer it here at the same price or slightly lower. If YOU donít like it then go cry about the market, but your chip on your shoulder is misplaced.

    Next Time you wish to sell below Trade value (not market value) please let me know, I could do with some bargains.

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    4,002
    I think Rolex have given more notice this on this occasion to allow WF to reprice their stock by 10%.

    Presumably we are looking at the first £20,000 SS Daytona sometime soon.

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    4,027
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So obviously in light of this news let's all head to our ADs and panic buy lots of Daytonas and Blue Skydwellers :)

    And wait 6 years + for it to arrive. Think I will pass

  26. #26
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die FuchsrŲhre
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Yes, most smart people on here realise selling anything below what a dealer would offer is stupid. Let me think, someone can sell to a unknown with potential complications OR a very simple deal with the trade. It is therefore a favour to offer it here at the same price or slightly lower. If YOU donít like it then go cry about the market, but your chip on your shoulder is misplaced.

    Next Time you wish to sell below Trade value (not market value) please let me know, I could do with some bargains.
    No need to get upset about it, you must be a BLNR or most of a Daytona up on your last three Rolex sales on TZ. I'm sure lots of people on here wish they had access to the brand new watches you can buy without having to pay a chunky markup to a blatant profiteer. Besides, isn't my point correct, TZ market rate is about what you supply days old Rolexes at?
    "A man of little significance"

  27. #27
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    5,129
    We won't truly know until it actually happens. With the best intentions , these things often turn out to be wrong....just read previous threads. No ones fault, it just happens.
    Rolex could add 25% to all steel sports models and they would still sell....just look at the current 'grey' market.

  28. #28
    Increasing the price is up to Rolex and I am fine with this,the issue is availability of there products...

  29. #29
    Master luddite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Upper Buggersdale, Nr Leeds
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    That's quite an increase. I might nip up town and grab a Submariner on my lunch break, you know, to get in before the price hike. Crikey, these things will be going for silly money soon. Maybe pre-owned is the way to go...
    Soon?!!!!
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

    Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

    I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

  30. #30
    Just had it confirmed from a Rolex AD, Ryan is 100 per cent correct. 5% across the board. I rang up to enquire about a watch and the guy said no more expected deliveryís until December AND a 5% increase. No prior prompting from me. Itís happening guys!

  31. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,725
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    No need to get upset about it, you must be a BLNR or most of a Daytona up on your last three Rolex sales on TZ. I'm sure lots of people on here wish they had access to the brand new watches you can buy without having to pay a chunky markup to a blatant profiteer. Besides, isn't my point correct, TZ market rate is about what you supply days old Rolexes at?
    Yep most people would like access to ss, I agree. Iíll let everyone into a secret, buy 20k of jewellery, or gold watches and any ad would help you out. Iíll point you to a few.

    Your point is not correct because it has nothing to do with me. So let me correct you, Tz market rate seems to be the trade buy in rate. Makes sense really. Now if you donít like the trade rate, well thatís your issue.
    Last edited by Kash; 20th September 2018 at 14:05.

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Staffs.
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    No need to get upset about it, you must be a BLNR or most of a Daytona up on your last three Rolex sales on TZ. I'm sure lots of people on here wish they had access to the brand new watches you can buy without having to pay a chunky markup to a blatant profiteer. Besides, isn't my point correct, TZ market rate is about what you supply days old Rolexes at?
    You cant expect an individual to sell on the forum at a lower price than what is attainable by just selling to the trade. If the trade will pay that much for a watch, its a good buy for the TZer, and still cheaper than anywhere else. Plus, if watches are listed cheaper than trade, the hoovers will snap them up and sell them on anyway.

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,995
    The chaps above have done a good job and kudos to them / the chap in the trade who emailed me yesterday, but for what it's worth I can now add my own 100% confirmation.

    5% increase 1st October.

    Haywood

  34. #34
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    5,129
    Worth bearing in mind that this is 5% in devalued sterling. More to come.....

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    That's quite an increase. I might nip up town and grab a Submariner on my lunch break, you know, to get in before the price hike. Crikey, these things will be going for silly money soon. Maybe pre-owned is the way to go...

    Me too, I fancy the green sub it will go with my sports jacket, now letís google my nearest ad, I might even snag some discount as its the end of the third quarter. Hopefully Ill pop up a wrist shot over the weekend.

  36. #36
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    277
    Will this include Tudor as well I wonder?

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Worth bearing in mind that this is 5% in devalued sterling. More to come.....
    Exactly

    I know Sinn are also increasing there prices from the October also.

    Are they any other brands that are dong the same?
    Last edited by Siberian Blue Eyes; 20th September 2018 at 14:45.

  38. #38
    Craftsman jimmbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Me too, I fancy the green sub it will go with my sports jacket, now letís google my nearest ad, I might even snag some discount as its the end of the third quarter. Hopefully Ill pop up a wrist shot over the weekend.

    I like your thinking. Good tip re-the discount, might give it a sneaky try myself. I look forward to the pics.

  39. #39
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die FuchsrŲhre
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    You cant expect an individual to sell on the forum at a lower price than what is attainable by just selling to the trade. If the trade will pay that much for a watch, its a good buy for the TZer, and still cheaper than anywhere else. Plus, if watches are listed cheaper than trade, the hoovers will snap them up and sell them on anyway.
    I'm not, I just think it stinks to take advantage of access to desirable watches purely to sell here for profit. If he wasn't buying them to sell on someone else would have a chance to own one. As much as lots of people now think of Rolex as profit lines, some people buy them to wear and keep. Yes, you read that correctly, some people buy Rolexes to wear and not sell on for a quick buck. Look at the OP, for example, how many people has he helped buy discounted watches? If everyone's afraid of helping out people because they'll miss out on a nice profit if they sell to a dealer by mistake then sell the watch at list to the person making the biggest charity fund donation. I appreciate Kash has to fund his £20k of jewellery and expensive watches from somewhere so it may as well be people on TZ willing to buy the watches he buys just to sell.
    "A man of little significance"

  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,725
    Blog Entries
    5
    Tbh people donít have to buy anything, offering here at trade money is doing someone a favour. You donít seem to get that. Massive chip on your shoulder. Oh well

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I'm not, I just think it stinks to take advantage of access to desirable watches purely to sell here for profit. If he wasn't buying them to sell on someone else would have a chance to own one. As much as lots of people now think of Rolex as profit lines, some people buy them to wear and keep. Yes, you read that correctly, some people buy Rolexes to wear and not sell on for a quick buck. Look at the OP, for example, how many people has he helped buy discounted watches? If everyone's afraid of helping out people because they'll miss out on a nice profit if they sell to a dealer by mistake then sell the watch at list to the person making the biggest charity fund donation. I appreciate Kash has to fund his £20k of jewellery and expensive watches from somewhere so it may as well be people on TZ willing to buy the watches he buys just to sell.
    Iíve bought two watches from Kash over the years and I fail to see how he could have made money on either so I doubt it has funded his jewellery.

  42. #42
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Staffs.
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I'm not, I just think it stinks to take advantage of access to desirable watches purely to sell here for profit. If he wasn't buying them to sell on someone else would have a chance to own one. As much as lots of people now think of Rolex as profit lines, some people buy them to wear and keep. Yes, you read that correctly, some people buy Rolexes to wear and not sell on for a quick buck. Look at the OP, for example, how many people has he helped buy discounted watches? If everyone's afraid of helping out people because they'll miss out on a nice profit if they sell to a dealer by mistake then sell the watch at list to the person making the biggest charity fund donation. I appreciate Kash has to fund his £20k of jewellery and expensive watches from somewhere so it may as well be people on TZ willing to buy the watches he buys just to sell.
    In fairness, Foxy, the OP helped members get access to watches that were less desirable and didnít command a premium on the open market, Omega mostly, if I remember correctly. I bought the Bucherer Tudor from Ryan recently at a price above RRP as he had it underwritten by the trade. That is no different to what you accuse Kash of doing. However, I was happy to pay the premium for the watch, it was a better price than anywhere else, I couldnít get one at RRP, so I bought it. Everybody was happy.

  43. #43
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    353
    Confirmed

  44. #44
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Increasing the price is up to Rolex and I am fine with this,the issue is availability of there products...
    That they are in greater demand than are produced? Thatís a matter entirely for Rolex.

  45. #45
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    730

    No deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Cheers Ryan i guess they may be preparing for the GBP to tank in the event of a hard brexit perhaps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The increase maybe to do with currency fluctuations and realignment across the EU zone of pricing but as it has been mentioned this may not be last increase.

    If the Brexit talks do break up with a no deal announcement, the Euro could take just as big a hit on the markets as the GBP maybe more so, if the markets decide the Euro zone economyís could be impacted at home and in the export market. Holland for example has been warned to prepare for job losses in the Tens of thousands over a 12 month period if a no deal is announced.

    In reality, makes no difference to anyone currently wanting a SS model at RRP from an AD of a price increase, no stock so no sale.

  46. #46
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Yes, most smart people on here realise selling anything below what a dealer would offer is stupid. Let me think, someone can sell to a unknown with potential complications OR a very simple deal with the trade. It is therefore a favour to offer it here at the same price or slightly lower. If YOU donít like it then go cry about the market, but your chip on your shoulder is misplaced.
    .
    That - kind of sums it up, to be honest.

  47. #47
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die FuchsrŲhre
    Posts
    14,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Tbh people donít have to buy anything, offering here at trade money is doing someone a favour. You donít seem to get that. Massive chip on your shoulder. Oh well
    No, I've watched the dynamic of the forum change to being about money and Rolexes. I have a Rolex I bought new five years ago, I have no intention of selling it, it wasn't bought to sell for profit. If people want to scramble over each other to buy brand new watches at vastly inflated prices that's up to them. You don't appear to need the money, surely the definition of doing someone a favour is as I mentioned earlier, selling the watch on at what it cost you plus a chunk of money to stick in the charity fund. By all means sell watches at trade money if you like but you're still profiteering.
    "A man of little significance"

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    The increase maybe to do with currency fluctuations and realignment across the EU zone of pricing but as it has been mentioned this may not be last increase.

    If the Brexit talks do break up with a no deal announcement, the Euro could take just as big a hit on the markets as the GBP maybe more so, if the markets decide the Euro zone economyís could be impacted at home and in the export market. Holland for example has been warned to prepare for job losses in the Tens of thousands over a 12 month period if a no deal is announced.

    In reality, makes no difference to anyone currently wanting a SS model at RRP from an AD of a price increase, no stock so no sale.
    Until it happens itís neither here nor there . Rolex can increase their prices overnight like everyone else . Of course in a real economy where countries rely on their own productivity you wouldnít need to be at the mercy of a draconian controlled currency and survive by heavy borrowing to hold up a crumbling fiscal system . Once it all goes pop the price of Rolex watches will be immaterial .

  49. #49
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    20,745
    Have to admit I agree with Foxy on this one, although I can see both sides of the debate I still find the profiteering distasteful on this forum. The 'doing someone a favour' line doesn`t wash with me, and I`m not impressed by the bragging about how much jewellery has been bought to build the relationship.

    If I was of a mind to get involved in the Rolex profit thing, I could've done it myself. I have the time to spend, I have a war chest to fund the buying, I could've bought a couple of watches to move on at a small loss to 'become a good customer'. I could be out there getting on lists and doing whatever's necessary to court favour with a few local ADs. There are good reasons why I didn`t, and I don`t condone it from anyone else.

    If I was in the game to make money this way, I`d do it discreetly and sell to trade buyers.......no one would be any the wiser and my hard-earned integrity on this forum would remain intact. OK, wouldn't make quite as much money but it would be worth doing it that way. The trade off between 'doing someone a favour' and being considered as a profiteer wouldn't be worth it, if I was doing it I would expect many to take a dim view and that's why my response is the same. Every time a profiteer secures a watch it denies a genuine buyer the opportunity, lets not forget that.

    The whole situation with Rolex supply, prices, and the distorted market is distasteful and unhealthy. The damned things have become far too expensive to make ownership a pleasure thesedays, a further price rise will only make things worse although it may curb some of the 'demand' in the UK. The cheapest Rolex will now be £4K, which is crazy for a basic 3 handed steel watch with no date or complications.

  50. #50
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    730

    Favour

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    No, I've watched the dynamic of the forum change to being about money and Rolexes. I have a Rolex I bought new five years ago, I have no intention of selling it, it wasn't bought to sell for profit. If people want to scramble over each other to buy brand new watches at vastly inflated prices that's up to them. You don't appear to need the money, surely the definition of doing someone a favour is as I mentioned earlier, selling the watch on at what it cost you plus a chunk of money to stick in the charity fund. By all means sell watches at trade money if you like but you're still profiteering.

    Not wanting to delve too much into the profiteering discussions but Foxy definition of a favour pretty much hits the mark. If you get the watch at RRP and decide itís not for you then why not pass it on to someone at the price you got, you have got all your money back, nothing lost and done a good deed/favour.


    Cannot really see that charging someone over RRP but below WF etc is classed as a favour in my book but maybe I am from an earlier generation and money was not always the driving factor, maybe easier to do and say if you have a booming bank balance but Rolex and Profiteering do seem to be constant bed fellow in todayís marketplace.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information