closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Samsung Curved Ball

Samsung Curved Ball

Never heard of or seen a Samsung Watch
    But this one! Why wouldn’t you have it over an Apple Watch. Samsung have nailed this one to me.

https://youtu.be/vOvwCQf7Fk0

Ready for the diatribe

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess it's the old Apple / Android debate. If you've got an iPhone, then the matching watch makes more sense.

This looks much better though.

Looks pretty good tbh. Shame steel not avail in 42mm. 46 is like an iPad on the wrist

46mm is ridiculous

Journeyman
    Doesn't look to bad.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Until they abandon supporting software updates in about a year, it slows down to a crawl and stops working properly I’m sure it will be excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I guess it's the old Apple / Android debate. If you've got an iPhone, then the matching watch makes more sense.

This looks much better though.
    I’ve currently got iPhones and iMac, MacBook but not the watch I just don’t like it.

But this, like the Huawei P20pro looks cool to me at any rate.

I am thinking of getting a galaxy watch today but can't make my mind up on which one

The 46 is the colour I want and a better battery is a plus but the 42 is a better size and I prefer the non tapering strap

Does anyone have one? Would like some real world reviews from watch people, thinking a 42 in black as an everyday wearer but the 46 is a consideration

Obviously not a popular subject 😁

Well I went for the 42mm black

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Obviously not a popular subject

You got any pictures?
    Does it wear as nice as it looks!

Master
    I have been considering buying one to use with my personal phone (Android), but my company phone (iPhone X) gets far more use and I'll probably go for the Apple watch 4. I'm currently using an original Apple Watch and it's held up really well for the past three years.

Sent from my Mi A2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Obviously not a popular subject

I had the s3 frontier but couldn't get on with it as it was just too big. This one on paper is a much better size.
    How is the height off the wrist? It looks quite thick in some photos. Would be great to get your overall opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I had the s3 frontier but couldn't get on with it as it was just too big. This one on paper is a much better size.
    How is the height off the wrist? It looks quite thick in some photos. Would be great to get your overall opinion.

I haven't had chance to try it yet, really wasn't easy finding one in stock anywhere here and certainly comparing them was not going to happen

In the end I had to bite the bullet and go with my instinct, the watch appealed to me due to its size (42mm option) and case shape/standard lugs, the black would not normally be my first choice with watches but only due to its tendency to Mark easier, a bit more of an issue on a 5k Breitling than a cheap smartwatch

The 46mm seems to be the reviewers choice but really my concern is not battery life as it will be charged at night

I have some furniture moving this morning but I intend on giving it a go later so I will report back hopefully with pics if imgur is playing ball

Ok so watch is on my wrist, size is good and absolutely would not want it any bigger! All synched up easily to my s9 and working well

It is a thick watch but not a problem for me, I think I will enjoy choosing a face etc and playing with strap combos

Does that bezel rotate??

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    Does that bezel rotate??

Yes the bezel is used to change between various screens and apps

Here it is on a TF rally strap, thinking a light coloured canvas would be good

Anyone interested Eddie's 2 piece canvas straps are perfect on these

Montybaber
    Looks like two wildly different watches
    Looking really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Montybaber
    Looks like two wildly different watches
    Looking really cool

Cheers!🙂

Its a really likeable watch, I have never got on with Apple watches or smart watches generally but this hasn't left my wrist since it arrived (apart from charging)

I still don't think it looks like a curved ball, at all. Actually, I don't even get the reference. No wonder so many smartwatches seem to pass me by.

Yes the bezel is used to change between various screens and apps
    It really is one of the most interesting watches I've seen in ages. So, could you use the bezel against the hands to measure elapsed time like you would with a conventional bezel? The most used 'compiication' on my watches is the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    It really is one of the most interesting watches I've seen in ages. So, could you use the bezel against the hands to measure elapsed time like you would with a conventional bezel? The most used 'compiication' on my watches is the bezel.
    Well the bezel is uniform with no pip so it would be difficult to use like a conventional bezel, there is loads of ways to measure elapsed time though

For me the appeal was a smart watch with all the features that had a conventional case shape with bezel and the option to fit any watch straps

Maybe not a 'curveball' but certainly good enough to keep my autos in my watchbox for a week

I meant by curve ball
    That I liked this watch, as opposed to the general flow of traditional watch watches.

Craftsman
    I think the bloke in the video shaves his hands.

Well the bezel is uniform with no pip so it would be difficult to use like a conventional bezel, there is loads of ways to measure elapsed time though

For me the appeal was a smart watch with all the features that had a conventional case shape with bezel and the option to fit any watch straps

Maybe not a 'curveball' but certainly good enough to keep my autos in my watchbox for a week
    Thanks for replying. It truly does look like a normal watch. I wish Apple had gone this route.

I have an iPhone so I'm not sure how a watch like this would play with it. I guess I'm ultimately a fan of the Apple OS, although this is the first time I feel a competitor has created a better design for the same product. Good for Samsung.

As for bezels, I think maybe I'm a bit too obsessed with them. It is nice it's put to novel and creative use here.

I've never considered a smart watch before but I'm tempted to get one of these to go with my Samsung Galaxy phone. Seems to be getting mixed reviews though.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 29th September 2018 at 21:07.

Montybaber
    Have you seen this? Might be something you had not found out!
    Cheers
    https://youtu.be/rny1Cr2-Lls

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Montybaber
    Have you seen this? Might be something you had not found out!
    Cheers
    https://youtu.be/rny1Cr2-Lls

Yes thanks mate, I actually watched it last night funnily enough

Cheers

Craftsman
    Have the S2 although my son has taken it to Uni and use my S3 Frontier occasionally , going to upgrade my phone so might get the new watch at Xmas or just after if there are any deals

Journeyman
    My problem with all smartwatches is that you have to wear one all the time to get the full benefit. It sorta beats the point of going smartwatch if you throw one into your regular rotation.

Yes thanks mate, I actually watched it last night funnily enough

Cheers