closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chr Ward, any experience to find here ?? I quite like this and sensible price... ??

Blog Entries

Chr Ward, any experience to find here ?? I quite like this and sensible price... ??

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c6...waAlhuEALw_wcB

Not much of a power reserve mind you...

Master
    I've owned several CWs and have been very impressed by the quality and solidity generally.

RRP tends to be high, and there are quite frequent sales with very good discounts to be had. There's also very active forum dedicated to the brand- you'll meet a few from here over there.

Master
    Good quality watches for the money. I do have one in my collection. A recent thread on here is worth reading about CW if you have not already!

My brother in law has 3 and swears by them. I got my first on sunday and already love it. The price point is great and the build quality is impressive

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you buy at the right price quality watches - however with a bronze watch, surely you'd want new so the Patina was purely yours? (you always 'shaped' it).

I have eight currently and looking to add a ninth soon I hope, they punch well above weight and even at full price they are worth the money imho except maybe some of the Quartz models.

My golden rule though is wait for a sale and grab a bargain you simply cannot go wrong.

Craftsman
    I was looking for a thin, manual wind dress watch. I ended up with a Chr Ward C5 Malvern Slimline. Will rarely be used so bonus that there’s no date to set when I put it on. Thin, display caseback, white face, leather strap, deployment clasp. As new, boxed with papers, £175 off the 'bay with three years manufacturers warranty still left on it. Excellent value and just perfect for me.

Last edited by Motman; 17th September 2018 at 19:29.

Master
    Had two and been impressed with both. Sold larger trident as it was a bit too big for my 6.75" wrist. Kept 38mm one which is perfect. Accuracy strong, build quality felt robust. Had to deal with their CS on occasion for spares/modifying bezel etc. On each occasion they were very prompt and great value.

They get a bit of stick on here (some warranted, some not), but the Trident is a quality, well-made, good value watch. As already stated, no need to buy at full RRP. Quite a hefty watch though, at 43mm diameter, 13.3mm tall and 51.5m lug-to-lug.

Master
    I've owned a few and always found them to be excellent quality and build.

Sign up for their newsletter and you will be receiving £100 off vouchers pretty soon!!

Master
    I had the 38mm trident pro 600 with white dial and green bezel, and it was a fantastic watch. Rather regret selling it now. Would happily buy another.

I've had a couple of Tridents (pre ceramic models) and the appeal faded fairly quickly.

In my view, they photograph brilliantly (and CW put really good photos in their marketing unlike nearly every other watch manufacturer), but don't measure up in the metal.

I've still got a Makaira, which was a fantastic watch for £250, but I don't think I'd buy another CW in a hurry.

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I've had a couple of Tridents (pre ceramic models) and the appeal faded fairly quickly.

In my view, they photograph brilliantly (and CW put really good photos in their marketing unlike nearly every other watch manufacturer), but don't measure up in the metal.
    The Mk2 version of the Trident carries some significant enhancements over the old Mk1 aluminium-bezel version you had, including: ceramic bezel insert; higher 600m depth rating; ‘tool free’ ratcheting micro-adjust clasp; new crown; deep-stamped case-back; lumed seconds hand & different SuperLuminova lume. Aesthetically, it’s more subjective, but in my opinion they improved it immeasurably with batons instead of circular hour markers & by shifting the date window from 4 o’clock to 3 o’clock.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of the original Mk1 as being a bit ‘old hat’, but the new version is a different proposition.

I have to say that the new C65 Diver looks good even with faux aged lume.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/wa...rident-diver-2

Master
    Agree, it's one sexy retro mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post

I've had 3 from CW' early years (C15, C6 and C600) and have also bought them as presents for the wife and family and can't say I was anything other than delighted with them. The C15 was the watch that got me interested in watches. They used to get an awful press on some forums - and it was particularly bad on here surprisingly. Some of it justified, some of it not so much. In the early days they were perhaps seen as a competitor to Timefactors, as most of the watches were in the same price bracket as Eddie's at the time... and I used to think that might be the reason they came in for particular criticism (it was back in the days when our members were generally nice and polite to each other too!). Ashamed to say that I was more influenced by other's people's views than my own judgement at the time, and sold them all on here for silly money - £135 for the C15 which was tragic - I regret it to this day. They alligator strap on it's own was worth that much!

I say 'all' apart from the quartz C6-SWS that I bought in one of their sales for just £99 iirc. I suppose at the time I thought.. well... if the C15 went for so little, I'd practically have to give it away. So I put it back in it's box and forgot about it....

Until a couple of weeks ago that is. I had one of those ebay offers where the maximum selling fee is £1... so I thought, why not? It sold for £250. No, I don't get it either.

I think CW have come a long way over the last decade and although there is a lot more competition in the market they now operate in, they still represent solid value for money imo, and so, OP, if you like it, I say buy it! It looks really nice to be fair. I still wish they had kept the original logo though.

Gary

Master

That looks great, even better in the black version IMO. Never warmed to CW because of the constant sales and a few other reasons but could be tempted (in the inevitable sale of course!)

Master

That's a fine looking watch, l could do with a blue dial in my collection, have my eyes on the AEVIG Huldra re issue, or Eddies Jenny remake, but that could be well down the pipe line, tempting if it appears in a future sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    The Mk2 version of the Trident carries some significant enhancements over the old Mk1 aluminium-bezel version you had, including: ceramic bezel insert; higher 600m depth rating; ‘tool free’ ratcheting micro-adjust clasp; new crown; deep-stamped case-back; lumed seconds hand & different SuperLuminova lume. Aesthetically, it’s more subjective, but in my opinion they improved it immeasurably with batons instead of circular hour markers & by shifting the date window from 4 o’clock to 3 o’clock.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of the original Mk1 as being a bit ‘old hat’, but the new version is a different proposition.
    I should have said I had a couple of C60s, one was actually a Kingfisher LE (but went when I finally admitted to myself that I just don't like yellow dials ), but I'm sure you're right about the new Trident being better in most measurable ways, I'm just not sure it has any more 'magic' than the previous one.

You might think expecting that from a cheap-ish watch is unreasonable (and of course, it's subjective, too), but I have many even cheaper watches that I always enjoy wearing (or even just looking at).

I can't say the newer Trident even interests me as much as the Mk1, but I know it's a better watch - So it should be, though, given the difference in price...

M

Journeyman
    I really like CW. My favourite watch has been a Trident C60 Pro 600 with a green bezel (old logo!). I've also had a few others including a C8 Flyer Mk1 Automatic which is just gorgeous. Great build quality, and wonderful service. I visited the guys there and they couldn't have been more helpful. Highly recommend the brand - check out the CW Enthusiasts group on Facebook who are a brilliant source of knowledge and fun.