closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Outdoor Security Cameras - Any Recommendations or Tips?

Outdoor Security Cameras - Any Recommendations or Tips?

After waking up Sunday morning and seeing what we believe to have been an attempt to access our garden last night I'm now thinking that we should invest in a couple of Smart Cameras for keeping an eye on things.

We do have a dog and to be fair she did her job about 4am by going mad and alerting us to something awry but by the time we'd got out of bed there was no sign of anything.

Only when we got up the next morning did we see the damage to the fencing where someone had tried to clamber in from the adjoining garden which abuts us at 90 degrees.

Adding spikes or similar to the fence is tempting as a deterrent but on balance having the convenience of being able to check the back door when we are away or without getting out of bed has its attractions.

- We do already have a Hive in the house and wondered if there was any real benefit to adding this system?

- I'd prefer battery powered rather than wired but wouldn't rule it out.

- And don't really want to be paying for maintenance someone like ADT etc.

- I imagine they all require good wifi signal but happy to be told otherwise

Any tips or recommendations........even if its to say don't bother its not worth it?

Thanks in advance.

I would definitely have a look at the Hive cameras as you have the system already, I have the NEST system and added a few cameras and its really useful to be able to control it/view it all in the same app

They are good quality cameras too and I'm sure Hive would be the same.

Craftsman
    If you want quality then look at hikvision. Somthing like 4-5mp camera system. Accessible on smart phones etc

Master
    I have a Blink system and they do weatherproof outdoor cameras now (I have one waiting to be added to my system). They're cheap, reliable, battery powered, easy to fit and the app is pretty good. I can't really fault it from a bang per buck point of view but I would imagine already having Hive is going to make that an attractive option, or one of the others if image quality is paramount.

I have two Ring cameras - one Doorbell and one Spotlight Camera. They're ok but nothing amazing. The convenience is amazing but the quality is ok. Would suggest YouTube for real world footage before buying any camera.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk