closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I fell in love with a watch today!

I fell in love with a watch today!

Whilst perusing the watch shops of Metrocentre today I stumbled across a watch I’ve not seen before. Intrigued by it I tried it on and....it was love 

Perfect case size for me, excellent bezel action, lovely crown action and I love the dial and hands. I like a date too and it’s in the right place for me.

At £545 on rubber or £565 in bracelet with an auto movement it’s excellent value.

The only downside for me is that I can’t afford it, I’m around £250 short so not likely to get one this year but hopefully next year.

Here it is:

Master
    V nice. Size?

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    V nice. Size?
    Officially 43mm however it wore quite small probably because the crown guards are quite big and contribute to the measurement. It’s also 300m WR.

I’m so smitten with it in a way I haven’t been for a long time. I wish I hadn’t tried it on now :(

Master
    I agree OP, it's a nice looking watch. I will have to google that model now to see. What the bracelet looks like.

Looks nice, can see why you like it. Nothing to flip to help you fund it?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Keep an eye out for the January sales David. Oris is always one of the first to be discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Looks nice, can see why you like it. Nothing to flip to help you fund it?
    Hi - if I sold my two current watches I’d be £250 short. It’s definitely worth going to one watch for but I can’t do it at then moment unfortunately.

Master
    Blog Entries
    And stunning watch by the way.

Master
    I like that. Great colour.

Like it, at 43mm it's just on my limit but good looking watch.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I do like that, a modern take on the Submariner look. If it didn't have the date I might have one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Keep an eye out for the January sales David. Oris is always one of the first to be discounted.
    Thankfully Tissot also make it to the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Beat me to it! Thanks anyway Dave.

Well it’s not the right dial colour and it’s in the US but it’s the same watch brand new and £376. Maybe a friendly TZer who visits the States could help here? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282991104197

Journeyman
    Nice looking but hands too thick for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Well it’s not the right dial colour and it’s in the US but it’s the same watch brand new and £376. Maybe a friendly TZer who visits the States could help here? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282991104197
    Thanks. With postage, customs and handling it’ll still be around £510 and for the bezel colour I wouldn’t really want. Now if I could get one for £376 all in....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post

Far better looking in black.

Journeyman
    Quite like the look of that, and look really good value. I've got both a 43 mm & 44mm watch and find the size perfect (definitely wouldn't go larger though). Good luck with saving, sounds like you have your heart set on it

Craftsman
    Love the blue graduated dial. Just watched a coupe of review videos and that's a lot of watch for the price.

Nice looking watch, it seems Goldsmiths stock them, have you had a conversation about discount?

I can get Goldsmiths gift cards through a work scheme with a 19 or 20% discount. They can be reluctant to use them on a Rolex or Omega purchase, not sure about Tissot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Nice looking watch, it seems Goldsmiths stock them, have you had a conversation about discount?

I can get Goldsmiths gift cards through a work scheme with a 19 or 20% discount. They can be reluctant to use them on a Rolex or Omega purchase, not sure about Tissot though.

I've not had a conversation about discount yet but will speak to all the high street sellers tomorrow.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post

The work scheme discount I get at goldsmith's is 10% and I can confirm they'll accept it for Tissot

Nice watch. Might have to keep an eye out on my way through Heathrow this week!

Master
    A colleague bought one a few weeks ago, let me try it on, it was very nice. Go for it I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    And stunning watch by the way.
    I know....

Master
    That's is quite fetching. I am sure you can gather the additional 250 you need soon enough. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Does look a decent piece for the money,have a look on eBay for a used one

Journeyman
    Looks a cracking watch.
    You really have done the hard part, in finding the watch that you really want. Now all you have to do is get the cash together to buy it. I hope you don't think me flippant or patronising by saying that this can be part of the fun. It might not be how things work today, but I like the idea of actually saving up to buy something. Good luck and best wishes to you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post

I can see why. I like that a lot. I ve been put off previous incarnations because of the hands, but this version overcomes that.

Good like in your quest

OP you can get it from WoS on 0% finance https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...00/p/17361139/

Master
    This would be my choice, £20 more for the bracelet version-
    https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...8d&fo_s=slisys

Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    This would be my choice, £20 more for the bracelet version-
    https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...8d&fo_s=slisys
    I think ultimately it would be my choice too. I love the blue but would probably play safe with black and get the bracelet.

Craftsman
    Try these,
    I would imagine you would get around 20% off RRP
    Or if not cash, they do 0%

https://amjwatches.co.uk

Both colours in stock today in terminal 3, Heathrow. Was in a rush so just a quick glance. Forgot to check the price. Can check again as I go through a few times each month.

Looked nice....

I went in to try it on again today and was distracted by the Certina window. I’ve always admired the DS Action divers and they had three in today in the quartz variant. I didn’t like the blue, quite liked the green and loved the black.

I’m quite traditional and conservative at heart and have always liked the classic black dial diver on a bracelet so the Certina was always going to have a head start on the Tissot. Plus it’s cheaper.

Nice bezel design and action, nice crown action too. Lovely and comfortable oyster bracelet with, most surprisingly, a glide-lock clasp. There would also be the bonus of a two year warranty from a major high street store. Hmmm, food for thought indeed.

With the gentlest of pushes I got a tidy discount that brought it into my bracket of affordability so....

It’s just so me!

Master
    That is a beautiful watch, congratulations!

I also liked the look of the Tissot.

Master
    Saw a picture of it in a magazine advert, really like the look of it ! Apparently the movement is also supposed to be very good, so overall very good value for money ?

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Saw a picture of it in a magazine advert, really like the look of it ! Apparently the movement is also supposed to be very good, so overall very good value for money ?
    The Precidrive movement is an interest change for me and claims to run at +/- 10 seconds per year. I think it’s outstanding value for money.

Master
    I believe the Precidrive movement is the same as the one in the PRS-18 COSC.

Journeyman
    Congratulations on the purchase. An interesting and useable watch which looks great. What is not to like?

Craftsman
    Agree with most a lovely looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I went in to try it on again today and was distracted by the Certina window. I’ve always admired the DS Action divers and they had three in today in the quartz variant. I didn’t like the blue, quite liked the green and loved the black.

I’m quite traditional and conservative at heart and have always liked the classic black dial diver on a bracelet so the Certina was always going to have a head start on the Tissot. Plus it’s cheaper.

Nice bezel design and action, nice crown action too. Lovely and comfortable oyster bracelet with, most surprisingly, a glide-lock clasp. There would also be the bonus of a two year warranty from a major high street store. Hmmm, food for thought indeed.

With the gentlest of pushes I got a tidy discount that brought it into my bracket of affordability so....

It’s just so me!
    Great purchase
    I felt sure you were going to take a leap of faith and get the Tissot with blue dial & bracelet
    But still a nice watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Great purchase
    I felt sure you were going to take a leap of faith and get the Tissot with blue dial & bracelet
    But still a nice watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks, I’m a bit too boring to take the plunge on a colour! The Tissot would be perfect as a second watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Thanks, I’m a bit too boring to take the plunge on a colour! The Tissot would be perfect as a second watch.
    Well now you've sparked my interest with the Tissot and I'm going to have to try it on in Terminal 3 on Thursday. My wife has told me no more watches until I've got a deposit for a house and a car, but my cunning plan is to buy it (if it sings), put it on and pull it out on the plane. That way, she'll not be able to force me to take it back and she'll be too happy about the holiday to tear me a new one!

However, if this plan fails I'll be pointing her in your direction and telling her you made me do it, so clear out your inbox!

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Well now you've sparked my interest with the Tissot and I'm going to have to try it on in Terminal 3 on Thursday. My wife has told me no more watches until I've got a deposit for a house and a car, but my cunning plan is to buy it (if it sings), put it on and pull it out on the plane. That way, she'll not be able to force me to take it back and she'll be too happy about the holiday to tear me a new one!

However, if this plan fails I'll be pointing her in your direction and telling her you made me do it, so clear out your inbox!
    Haha, great plan and best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I believe the Precidrive movement is the same as the one in the PRS-18 COSC.
    Thanks. Can anyone confirm or deny this?