closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG opening in Bristol

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

TAG opening in Bristol

A new stand alone TAG boutique is opening soon in Bristol's Cabbot Circus.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-...circus-2021960

Of no interest to me and can't see it doing to well, but what do I know.

I'm sure Bristol is full of the right demographic of customers for the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

I'm sure Bristol is full of the right demographic of customers for the brand.
    I'm not sure if that is a dig at Bristol, a dig at Tag Heuer or a dig at both. Either way you sound like a snob.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I'm not sure if that is a dig at Bristol, a dig at Tag Heuer or a dig at both. Either way you sound like a snob.
    Niether.

There are plenty of places to buy Tag in Bristol already and Bristol has a high level of young professional people who I see as the target market for Tag Heuer.

I’m not a fan Tag, that does not make me a snob, I have a lot of cheaper watches than theirs. Also I spend as lot of time in Bristol and like the city very much.

I just dont see this as a great success waiting to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Niether.

There are plenty of places to buy Tag in Bristol already and Bristol has a high level of young professional people who I see as the target market for Tag Heuer.

I’m not a fan Tag, that does not make me a snob, I have a lot of cheaper watches than theirs. Also I spend as lot of time in Bristol and like the city very much.

I just dont see this as a great success waiting to happen.

Master
    TAG boutique? Bristol?

Both must have been dragged up in "the rankings" since I owned one and visited there

Master
    Gurt Lush

Think I agree with OP - it’s already pretty hard to walk around Cabot Circus (if you must) without tripping over a Tag seller.

I’m sure they’ve done their market research though...Christmas pop-up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    From my area Bristol is full of aerospace and military, so sell breitling and omega in bucketloads, i'm sure tag will sell well enough, but Cabot's already has a couple of watch shops there selling Tag/Breitling/Omega level stuff, couple of others nearby as well.

It seems to be the strategy for all retail, keep opening until you start going bust.
    There is also a North Face outlet on Cabot Circus, when within 5 minutes walk there must be more than a dozen places that sell NF gear.
    Doesn't make much sense to me, but it clearly does to someone

Bristol boy here, Cabot is okay but I prefer the Mall at Cribbs, unfortunately Cabot Circus is effectively Broad Mead, although Broad Mead hasn't always been the best place in the world to shop it has gone down hill in the last few years probabley from pressure of the Mall, Cabot Circus and online retail, lots of shops are shutting and Galleries Shopping mall is looking very dire to what it once was.

The homeless problem is really bad at the moment around Broad Mead as is petty crime, my Mum had her purse stolen recently and it was found minus the cash with all cards intact!

Tag boutique is interesting but nothing of their modern selection interests me so I'm not making a special journey to check it out, as has been said though Bristol is really hot for young professionals, think it is the No1 city for entrepreneurs with the biggest new small business growth, yes there is a aircraft sector here that I worked in for 10 years but I dont think that has a great impact on the watches sold in Bristol.

Saying all that, Bristol is still one of the most diverse and beautiful cities in the UK with a strong history, there's always Slough!