closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's worth picking up in the states?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Wife might object, so could get very expensive!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Possibly...
    The painkillers are for me

z
    Prefer Advil myself.

Crated LS9 complete with engine loom and ECU, you bring it over in you hand luggage and I’ll find something to stick it in.

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Levi Jeans are worth trying to find if they are on offer, and of course, if you actually wear them! RRP makes them generally unattractive, but you can find them on offer in some places or go to a Levi's outlet. Levi 527's are my favourites and they typically sell for about £85/pair over here.. I managed to find them on sale in Macy's for $40/pair when I was over there in June. Needless to say I grabbed several pairs!
    Just picked up a couple of pairs of these. Still at $39.99 in Macy’s.
    Funnily enough, I saw them in a Ross Dress For Less store at $24 but couldn’t get the right length .
    Typically, on my way back to the airport, we stopped for a coffee and there was an outdoorsy type shop that had a huge selection of Filson and Carrhaart . Prices seemed very good compared to here.
    I made a decision not to do too much shopping out there and I actually stuck to it .

Journeyman

What's worth picking up in the States??

Certainly NOT Chlamydia........

Almond M&Ms

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Funnily enough, I saw them in a Ross Dress For Less store at $24 but couldn’t get the right length .
    Typically, on my way back to the airport, we stopped for a coffee and there was an outdoorsy type shop that had a huge selection of Filson and Carrhaart . Prices seemed very good compared to here.
    I made a decision not to do too much shopping out there and I actually stuck to it .
    Wishing I had grabbed a few more pairs now. I went to two Levi's stores (a normal retail store, and an outlet) whilst we were on our way to Las Vegas, prior to trying Macy's, and they said they didn't carry the 527's any more... Which is pretty frustrating as I can just grab them off the shelf and they fit like a glove.. I've always previously struggled to get jeans that fit properly for some reason!
    Last edited by chicaneuk; 21st September 2018 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I love Ross, there is one near my son's place that we go into, some great buys. Wife loads up with her clothes, handbags in there.

I spotted a pair of Levis in the reduced section at a crazy price and they looked about my size, unfortunately they were folded in two and they were a 60" waist!

Made me feel thin!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If you are in New Orleans you must get a Hurricane (it's a Drink) and spend a drunken night in the House of Blues. Awesome

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche