closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Watch Source - anybody used them?

Master

The Watch Source - anybody used them?

I’m after a new Glashutte and this company is offering 17% discount on the AD price plus a further 2% off for bank transfer. This would save me over 1500 smackeroonies if they are reliable. Are they?

Yes but not (always) the fastest... Bit of a Chronext vibe to them in that they don't hold a lot of stock and you can have to wait while they source it for you.

I think you don't get the warranty card at all on some brands also, which would hurt your resale as you wouldn't have a full set - I may be wrong here though, or things may have changed.

Personally I would not pay by bank transfer as you have no power to get your money back should there be any messing around. I know they have some items showing as in stock or short delivery, so if it's one of those I'd be more inclined, but definitely not on something that has a longer lead time personally.

Give them a call, they're very approachable over the phone.
    Last edited by 200mwaterresistant; 16th September 2018 at 06:57.

Master
    Very helpful - cheers. I was aware of the pitfalls of bank transfer so will give that a miss. Not worth the risk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    I’m after a new Glashutte and this company is offering 17% discount on the AD price plus a further 2% off for bank transfer. This would save me over 1500 smackeroonies if they are reliable. Are they?
    Just out of curiosity, what model are you after? Have you looked at Iconic Watches?

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Yes but not (always) the fastest... Bit of a Chronext vibe to them in that they don't hold a lot of stock and you can have to wait while they source it for you.

I think you don't get the warranty card at all on some brands also, which would hurt your resale as you wouldn't have a full set - I may be wrong here though, or things may have changed.

Personally I would not pay by bank transfer as you have no power to get your money back should there be any messing around. I know they have some items showing as in stock or short delivery, so if it's one of those I'd be more inclined, but definitely not on something that has a longer lead time personally.

Give them a call, they're very approachable over the phone.

I too toyed with the idea of a GO perpetual calendar, as 200M WR said you don't get the warranty card. His response to my email about the warranty card was 'why is this piece of paper is so important'! They do give a watch source warranty though.
    Last edited by 72bpm; 16th September 2018 at 09:53.

Master
    Looking at maybe the Senator Perpetual Calender.

I've bought two watches form TheWatchSource (a JLC MUT Moon and a Breguet 7147BB) - in both cases using bank transfer, which I felt comfortable with as they are a well-established and reputable company. No problems encountered.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Looking at maybe the Senator Perpetual Calender.
    Excellent choice. The one I looked at was this one
    https://www.glashuette-original.com/...00-02-22-12-05.
    I think the model was updated last year, the year marker is on a dial instead of red dot. Looks like this https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...SABEgLQAPD_BwE
    Happy to be corrected.
    I have a Senator moon phase. It is a stunning watch I must say.