closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Big Brother

Owl1

Big Brother

I can't believe its been 18 years since this pile of sh.t was first aired on TV , i;m proud to say i never watched an episode.... apart from 10 minutes of watching some idiot in bed with a night vision camera watching her . Glad to see the back of it ...comments welcome.
    Last edited by Owl1; 15th September 2018 at 11:52.

You're proud to say you've maintained an ignorance of popular culture and you're glad to see the back of something you never watched?

Why are people so pleased with themselves when they don't know about something that has proven popular? And then there's the paradox of the expression of apathy, that always makes me scratch my head.

I watched the first 2 or 3 series, and it was fascinating and ground-breaking telly at the time. It would probably still be so if the reality tv and pseudo-reality tv genres hadn't gone stratospheric.

I don't lament the loss of BB, because quite frankly it got old and tiresome and we have become absolutely saturated by the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    You're proud to say you've maintained an ignorance of popular culture and you're glad to see the back of something you never watched?

Why are people so pleased with themselves when they don't know about something that has proven popular? And then there's the paradox of the expression of apathy, that always makes me scratch my head.

I watched the first 2 or 3 series, and it was fascinating and ground-breaking telly at the time. It would probably still be so if the reality tv and pseudo-reality tv genres hadn't gone stratospheric.

I don't lament the loss of BB, because quite frankly it got old and tiresome and we have become absolutely saturated by the genre.
    Your final two paragraphs sum up my position 100%.

Owl1

It was in all the news papers , news , social media etc ..so yes i'm glad to see the back of such sh.t .

Don't just tell me that something is s**t, tell me why it is s**t.

Owl1
    Don't just tell me that something is s**t, tell me why it is s**t.
    You really need me to point out why Big Brother was shyte ?:eek skull:1 watching some idiot wrapped in a quilt for 10 minutes .
    Last edited by Owl1; 15th September 2018 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    You really need me to point out why Big Brother was sh**e ?:eek skull:1 watching some idiot wrapped in a quilt for 10 minutes .
    Sounds like you watched 10 minutes of a night-time live feed and took that as representative of what went on.

I'm not sure what's worse, commenting on something you didn't watch or thinking that the programme has been 18 series of sleeping based upon a ten minute snippet 18 years ago.

Craftsman
    First couple of ones were watchable as it was a fresh idea. Then they made a mistake when that Christian chap won as everyone got on well so no confrontations and then they went downhill. Same with the celeb version. I think they ran out of celebs after the second series!
    Last edited by Motman; 15th September 2018 at 18:16.

Owl1
    Sounds like you watched 10 minutes of a night-time live feed and took that as representative of what went on.

I'm not sure what's worse, commenting on something you didn't watch or thinking that the programme has been 18 series of sleeping based upon a ten minute snippet 18 years ago.
    Sorry if i offended you papa hotel this was not my intention , obviously your disappointed that its ending . i'm probably being a bit ignorant when i say 'thank f@@k i don't have to see any of that shyte again' .

Offended? Not a chance. Puzzled, perplexed, bemused, all at the flaunting of ignorance as a badge of honour, the weird expression of apathy and the joy over something ending that you've got no experience of.

But hey, your critical analysis skills are clearly a level or two up from mine, I wouldn't be able to pass judgement on something I'd never seen.

Owl1
    Can any forum members remember Emmerdale farm and crown court ? i recall these being on TV in the day time when i was ill and off school ?

Can any forum members remember Emmerdale farm and crown court ? i recall these being on TV in the day time when i was ill and off school ?
    I remember Farmhouse Kitchen being on while I was throwing up into a bucket when off school Ill. Those were the days of three channels and a B&W telly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It’s like they just take whoever ticks most boxes in equal opportunities section of application. Keeping these people out of wider society for a few weeks is no bad thing, shame it’s in final season.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Your final two paragraphs sum up my position 100%.

And mine.

I actually found it quite entertaining at first.

Later on, there were a number of things I wish I had not seen.

Like the woman in the garden sticking a bottle up her foo-foo and George Galloway in a skin tight leotard pretending to be a cat licking milk from Rula Lenska's hand.

Not to mention Crossroads which was initially screened at lunchtimes.

No soap opera has come close to being as entertaining.

Master

2-3 series

Like others we watched the first 2-3 series and then never watched it again because once you have done it 2-3 times that sort of reality tv gets old hat!!

Don’t care whether it stays or goes as we don’t watch it atall!
    Wouldn’t know a single member if they punched me in the face either and don’t see how they can be called celebrities on these things like strictly etc!!??
    I’m married so there’s always some kind of rubbish on tv but that’s why I have a Lotus, a classic car, go fishing, go shooting and have various other hobbies to fill my time

Chris

Now Big Brother is gone, all i have left to do is post about it on a watch forum

I did/ didn’t watch it and did/ didn’t like it - now you know!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I watched a bit and enjoyed it, but, I have no clue what happened in the last 15 years…

I remember a particularly distasteful outpouring of bile at the death of Jade Goody…. Social media at its worst

My wife and I watched the very first one which we really enjoyed tbh - ‘reality tv’ in its infancy which came across as a social experiment rather than car crash tv. By the time the second series aired we had a new baby and completely avoided watching it as we knew it was a massive ‘time suck’. We didn’t have hours every day to giggle at the tv, and that was that. I haven’t watched in the genre since then with any enthusiasm. I think we watched the first ‘I’m a celebrity’ as well, a couple of series of ‘pop stars’ and got bored with the formats almost immediately. I think they’ve run their course - although most alleged celebrities now mean nothing to me, coupled with never having watched hollyoaks I turn on the tv and don’t recognise anyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Oh yes, crown court and general hospital during lunchtimes, as I ate at a neighbours who watched me while my parents were at work.

On sick days it always seemed to be The Flumps, and always the episode where Pootle has to keep it under her hat

Master
    Glad to see the back of it ...comments welcome.
    You spoke too soon
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...box=1537094010

Offended? Not a chance. Puzzled, perplexed, bemused, all at the flaunting of ignorance as a badge of honour, the weird expression of apathy and the joy over something ending that you've got no experience of.

But hey, your critical analysis skills are clearly a level or two up from mine, I wouldn't be able to pass judgement on something I'd never seen.
    I have never seen Love Island.

I know it’s thick as shit narcissistic drivel with contestants whom if they were farm animals would be taken out back and shot.
    I put this down to gut feeling and a general idea of what ITV/channel 5 produce and the target audience.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I have never seen Love Island.

I know it’s thick as shit narcissistic drivel with contestants whom if they were farm animals would be taken out back and shot.
    I put this down to gut feeling and a general idea of what ITV/channel 5 produce and the target audience.

Happy to be proved wrong though.
    This