closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another day, another violent watch crime in London

Another day, another violent watch crime in London

Amazed that anyone has managed to beat Ally to the story.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master

No Police

I run a manned guarding Company in london so the lack of crime and huge increase in violent theft is gray for us as a business but depressing and frustrating knowing that there are resolutions to this!
    Literally the moment they stopped the Police on the beat we saw a huge increase in work and petty crime so why can’t they do the association and put what’s needed back onto the streets!

When I’m on site visits we all wear stab vests and Body worn Cameras now as it’s not safe without these and all my guys have the same!
    The only answer for people like this guy in then areas they live is Companies like us supplying mobile response in the area with a 24hr presence but it should be the Police doing this!
    We saw a massive decline in Petty crime when the bobbies in the beat reached its top level but as soon as you removed that then the small time petty crime goes through the roof and with that you get the organised gangs committing the watch theft like this one????

Can’t see an end to it unless the Police budget goes up and that the Police have a better relationship with private security companies that are used to fill the gaps they can’t fill! At the moment it’s a them and us relationship rather than a partnership like the US??? The budget won’t go up so use the intelligence and feet on the ground from us to help instead of blaming retailers and the Security Companies for any shortfall, I’ve been on many Police meetings where they do exactly that?
    The issue is if the top guys in the Police make it work as it is then their budget stays as it is but if it all goes to pot like now there is a chance of upping that budget? It’s a balancing act where we the public pay the price!
    The only answer is better collusion between all Security forces and private security along with Police back on the streets?!
    I know the Police job is difficult but it’s not the standard bobby making these decisions they just get left to take the blame!
    Rant over!
    Chris

I feel for him as it is traumatic.

You never really own a Patek

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Standard
    In January moped thugs armed with hammers and a gun attacked his £200,000 Bentley in a bid to steal the same watch as he waited in traffic, but he managed to drive off.
    Sounds like they knew exactly what they were after.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    This almost made me choke on my coffee!

In all seriousness, I'm fairly confident in wearing my watch around London and think just some simple street smarts will be ok. But these stories are becoming more and more frequent. Wonder if it will take something tragic before more action will happen.

Also shocked by the price of the Patek, I knew they were expensive but £75k! Let's hope he had insurance.

The morale of this story is surely don't buy a Range Rover. The watch is presumably insured, and presumably Patek operate a 'lost and stolen' register.
    "A man of little significance"

We have more cctv than most other countries,
    Poor policing is the fault of all of us, but we keep voting for the people who sell us "low taxes" and cuts in expenditure, if you want a better country you have to pay for it.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    The morale of this story is surely don't buy a Range Rover. The watch is presumably insured, and presumably Patek operate a 'lost and stolen' register.
    I think you're onto something, wasn't Michael Macintyre driving a Range Rover as well?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post

n2
    Perhaps there was a Rolex on sales corner.

Master
    Personally, I'd be a bit cautious with this one........

Craftsman

Spoilt

We have more cctv than most other countries,
    Poor policing is the fault of all of us, but we keep voting for the people who sell us "low taxes" and cuts in expenditure, if you want a better country you have to pay for it.

n2

The political give aways, fear of increasing tax, NHS money pit and excessive spending to secure and retain power over the past two decades are now coming home to roost. The public has got so use to low taxes and every service for free, that any political party who mentions tax increase or private hospital care insurance etc are committing vote suicide.

Unfortunately I feel we are now permanently in a country we’re the “ I’m alright Jack” mindset is firmly in place and story of Watch theft mugging etc are just given a shoulder shrug as people rush home to lock their doors.
    Last edited by Flasher; 14th September 2018 at 14:59. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Personally, I'd be a bit cautious with this one........
    Meaning?

Sorry for the bloke but....

You live in Knightsbridge and you take your motor to 'County' Kilburn to have it serviced.

Lived in Willesden Green for years and it's Grim up North London.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    ..... The public has got so use to low taxes and every service for free, .............

Who's paying low taxes?? All I do is pay tax.

Jungle law

Sad times.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Certainly not a silver one!

Master
    Nasty business.

Do Patek really make watches from silver, more likely white gold surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor the Engine View Post
    Sorry for the bloke but....

You live in Knightsbridge and you take your motor to 'County' Kilburn to have it serviced.

Lived in Willesden Green for years and it's Grim up North London.
    I thought that was a bit weird as well. I used to work just down the road and it's certainly 'lively'.

n2
    The Victim wasn't white.

Craftsman
    Quite interesting how a common thief could know watches so well. Wouldn't be surprised if they were after a Rolex, they're miles more recognizable for non watch enthusiasts.

This relates very well to another thread on here about Range Rover reliability..

Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    Quite interesting how a common thief could know watches so well. Wouldn't be surprised if they were after a Rolex, they're miles more recognizable for non watch enthusiasts.
    You seem to under estimate "the common thief". Just because they are "common" doesn't mean they are stupid. They are in business, and like many successful businesses I'm sure they research their 'target' market. Their business is just a little different to most businesses. I'm quite certain they know how to use the internet like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    I think you're onto something, wasn't Michael Macintyre driving a Range Rover as well?
    That one doesn't count because it wasn't broken at the time.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    5k reward is he having a laugh, I would suggest he doubles that for a start if he is serious.