timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Shanghai 611 Reissue

  1. #1
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,434

    Shanghai 611 Reissue

    This arrived earlier in the week, ordered direct from China it took less than a week to arrive.

    Its a reissue of the 611 from the early 60's



    35mm (ex crown)
    18mm lug width
    11mm high
    Acrylic crystal
    7120 hand wound 17j movement

    In a rather crude box along with hang tag and English translation of the instructions



    Which is just as well as the rest of the papers are in Chinese!



    I haven't opened up the back but Im guessing that its a full size movement by the heft of the watch - which feels quite substantial



    The leather croc strap supplied is surprisingly good - shame that its way too long for me!



    I had a spare Hirsch lying around so popped it on this instead



    Probably not to everyones taste but I really like the dial and combination of gold hands, numerals and markers with the SS case



    Only started wearing it today so Im not sure how the timekeeping is as yet



    It cost 54 posted which I consider to be something of a bargain.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    5,119
    Really like those, I have a similar one with a champagne dial, all batons apart from the 12 numeral. Has a bead-blasted finish. Came with a very thin silky beige NATO type strap, but I put it on leather. Very accurate, a couple of seconds a day. Delightfully traditional little watch.

  3. #3
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up a creek
    Posts
    29,152
    Very nice indeed. The dial and numerals make for a nice touch of individuality, which I like.

  4. #4
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,434
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Really like those, I have a similar one with a champagne dial, all batons apart from the 12 numeral. Has a bead-blasted finish. Came with a very thin silky beige NATO type strap, but I put it on leather. Very accurate, a couple of seconds a day. Delightfully traditional little watch.

    I had one of these - sold on here in 2015 - was it to you?

    1955 Reissue



    I moved it on as I wasn't too keen on the case finish. Otherwise it was a lovely thing - I loved the dial.

  5. #5
    I like that really nice dial would be interested to know the movement did they not make their own movements? Was this bought from the seller on your other thread? I think he also has an ebay account (or used to anyway)

  6. #6
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,434
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I like that really nice dial would be interested to know the movement did they not make their own movements? Was this bought from the seller on your other thread? I think he also has an ebay account (or used to anyway)
    Yes, from this chap

    http://www.good-stuffs.com/Shanghai_c_13.html

    I came across the link by chance on a WUS thread

    Ordered last Thursday and delivered this Wednesday from China. Customs label had something like 'specimen vintage watch' with low value written on it - so I had no tax to pay. Delivered via Hermes signed for.

    I think that they make their own movements - not sure though, perhaps someone can confirm?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Yes, from this chap

    http://www.good-stuffs.com/Shanghai_c_13.html

    I came across the link by chance on a WUS thread

    Ordered last Thursday and delivered this Wednesday from China. Customs label had something like 'specimen vintage watch' with low value written on it - so I had no tax to pay. Delivered via Hermes signed for.

    I think that they make their own movements - not sure though, perhaps someone can confirm?
    There used to be at least a very informative chap on WUS for Chinese watches vintage and modern think he was one of the mods for that sub forum. The guy you mention had an ebay name of "Trust the honest man" from what I recall. He sold a lot of Seagull, Beijing and Shanghai watches the prices were always pretty good. Some of his responses to negative feedback were pretty funny.

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I had one of these - sold on here in 2015 - was it to you?

    Yes, I think it was! I was struggling to remember whom I'd bought it from, thank-you. And here's a pic taken just now. I've managed to make it look fairly large but in reality it wears rather small as you'd expect, which is part of its charm. Lovely dial, as you say.

    I'd forgotten about that black perlon, wonder what I've done with it?


  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    44
    Thanks for showing us your watch. Can you please tell me about the quality of the stainless case?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •