closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on my IWC

Journeyman

Thoughts on my IWC

Hi all, 2 posts in a day. Trying out photo posting. So this is my IWC pilot I believe purchased used in great condition so all the little scratches and nicks are mine.
    Anyone have any experience owning one? How often should I get it serviced etc and what’s the consensus here on IWC watches as I haven’t seen much posted about themImage1536764743.289934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    So - the app takes rubbish pictures I see

Journeyman
    Charming!

Craftsman

Pictures on tapatalk

are normally reduced in resolution I believe but in all honesty that looks worse than usual. Perhaps a steadier hand might help:-) 3-5 years is an average time for servicing an automatic but depends on who you speak to really. If it runs okay and keeps good time then there's probably no great rush. However if you've no service history and have no idea when it last had some TLC then consider asking someone who knows what they're talking about, unlike me.

Looks like an interesting watch, I’d like to see some sharper pictures.

Re pictures, no doubt you have attached the image using the TZ-UK app. Delete the app as it doesn’t work properly, download the Tapatalk app that it is based on and use ‘Insert’ image (the icon that looks like 2 mountains).

Journeyman
    Ok - downloaded Tapatalk so see if this is a better photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    This model looks great with its metal bracelet if you can get your hands on one I’d suggest going for it, will take the watch up an extra notch!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Cool Excellent

Nice Spitfire. One of my favorite versions of it. Bracelet for it is one of best in business.

Journeyman
    I imagine the metal bracelet would be excellent - where would be the best place to try and source one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim M View Post
    Nice Spitfire. One of my favorite versions of it. Bracelet for it is one of best in business.
    I stretched to the 5 link bracelet on my chrono, and it really is 50% of the enjoyment of the watch!

Master
    Terrible photo - lovely watch, though probably not the most legible at some angles - I'm guessing.
    I personally like a lot of the older IWC's, but I think you'll find a generally mixed opinion on the brand's more recent releases.
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kwmason View Post
    Ok - downloaded Tapatalk so see if this is a better photo

Perfect. Lovely watch. I’m not really up on IWCs but this one really appeals.

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on owning a very nice watch. I am happy to be corrected, but I think perhaps some of the tepid views about IWC are/were based on a few of the models having Rolls Royce prices with Ford engines....

For what it is worth, I love mine, a Laureus version of your watch. It originally came on a leather strap, but I bought the steel bracelet to be able to mix it up when I wanted a change - keeps things interesting!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on owning a very nice watch. I am happy to be corrected, but I think perhaps some of the tepid views about IWC are/were based on a few of the models having Rolls Royce prices with Ford engines....

For what it is worth, I love mine, a Laureus version of your watch. It originally came on a leather strap, but I bought the steel bracelet to be able to mix it up when I wanted a change - keeps things interesting!

That looks fantastic, where did you get the bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by kwmason View Post
    That looks fantastic, where did you get the bracelet?

Thank you. A German watch shop on Ebay....and it was over £600.....but I had to have it and a new one was over a grand iirc.

the bracelets sometimes pop up on SC, i have a similar vintage UTC spitfire which i'm really happy with and will never sell. funny thing is i know the bracelets are well made/constructed and better than most but i have no desire to get one! i just have a few different brown/black/tan leather straps to dress the watch up or down and a grey Eulit perlon strap for the summer months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Mercedes engine I think in an IWC Spitfire, eta 7750 derivative. German company, swiss engine and named after a WW2 British fighter plane!

Damned nice though...

Journeyman
    I really like it- but must admit the steel bracelet takes it to a new place