timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tesco Club card points

Apprentice

Tesco Club card points

Anyone able to share their experiences of using Tesco Clubcard vouchers at Goldsmiths? It seems they currently allow 3x value of each voucher (eg. a £5 voucher is worth £15) but I gather there are restrictions on valid/applicable brands and that online purchases do not apparently count?

Any advice would be grateful for. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by watchfan_66 View Post
    Anyone able to share their experiences of using Tesco Clubcard vouchers at Goldsmiths? It seems they currently allow 3x value of each voucher (eg. a £5 voucher is worth £15) but I gather there are restrictions on valid/applicable brands and that online purchases do not apparently count?

Any advice would be grateful for. Thanks.
    I used my to get my omega serviced, cost more than going direct but the points were about to expire so made sense to use them

Master
    What brand of watch are you looking to buy?

Depends on what you are looking for but I have used them towards pens in the past (Montblanc) Never had a problem. You cant use them online as far as I know but I am not aware of any restriction on what you buy in the shop.

Yes they can't be used on certain more expensive brands (Rolex, Omega, Tudor etc). Probably best to pop in or give them a call and talk it through. It does work but you do need to be able to convert all the vouchers you need to in one go per order.

The biggest barrier to this scheme for me would be having to shop in Tesco all the time. Nightmare!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The biggest barrier to this scheme for me would be having to shop in Tesco all the time. Nightmare!
    Agree totally. I find the clientele in the so-called budget supermarkets of Aldi and Lidl to be much more agreeable than the out-and-out trash you find in Tesco.

Apprentice
    ☺ I use a Clubcard credit card so get points for everything I buy on it, not just for shopping at Tesco.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich11 View Post
    Yes they can't be used on certain more expensive brands (Rolex, Omega, Tudor etc). Probably best to pop in or give them a call and talk it through. It does work but you do need to be able to convert all the vouchers you need to in one go per order.
    Thanks. Will need to a see how long the voucher is valid for too.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    What brand of watch are you looking to buy?
    Not sure yet. I was also wondering if such a voucher could be used against sale/reduced items too. And/or whether to buy as a treat for myself or as a gift.

A friend of mine bought his SMP from there with, then, 4x the value of the voucher and managed to save £500 off RRP.. won't apply to Omega now it seems plus a 15%ish discount from an AD isn't impossible anyway (albeit not on the new SMP for sure).

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by watchfan_66 View Post
    Not sure yet. I was also wondering if such a voucher could be used against sale/reduced items too. And/or whether to buy as a treat for myself or as a gift.
    No it can't

Ts&Cs aren't hard to find

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/i/tesco...-reward-tokens

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Agree totally. I find the clientele in the so-called budget supermarkets of Aldi and Lidl to be much more agreeable than the out-and-out trash you find in Tesco.
    Sorry was that your foot I ran over with the trolley last week.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Really? None are great, and supermarket shopping is a real chore for me, but my local Aldi is utterly grim!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Really? None are great, and supermarket shopping is a real chore for me, but my local Aldi is utterly grim!
    +1

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    No it can't

Ts&Cs aren't hard to find

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/i/tesco...-reward-tokens
    Indeed. But most Ts&Cs are rarely up to date. As has been advised I'll pop in to store and ask. Thanks.

There used to be a lot of offers where it was easy to collect huge amounts of clubcard points and no restrictions on brands, its now more difficult o accumulate huge amounts of clubcard points and doesnt work on Omega/Tudor/Rolex.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    There used to be a lot of offers where it was easy to collect huge amounts of clubcard points and no restrictions on brands, its now more difficult o accumulate huge amounts of clubcard points and doesnt work on Omega/Tudor/Rolex.
    I recall a few folk purely buying them up to sell on.

Journeyman
    I've used vouchers to get several pairs of Mont Blanc cufflinks and pens over the years.

From what I know you need to pay full price and you can't combine offers.

The biggest problem now is the amount you have to spend to get vouchers. I have a Tesco credit card and I only get 1 point for every £8 spent outside of Tesco.

That boat has sailed.

Looking back, I've turned £273.75 in clubcard points into £1095 to spend in Goldsmiths in the past.

Deals aren't so good now :-(

Recent clubcard spend has typically been with Evans Cycles (where pricematching plus Quidco is acceptable with the vouchers)

Apprentice
    Spot on.

Especially bigger stores with too much choice that is moved around every week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Spot on.

Especially bigger stores with too much choice that is moved around every week.
    Bit of an exaggeration on choice being moved every week. Possibly their promotional ends / sites after 2-3 weeks, but not the main aisle locations.

No retailer can afford the man hours to do such a thing. They happen once a year maximum for a full change & possibly some minor product swaps in between, but the actual aisle location will remain the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Never though of using my point with Goldsmiths but shopping at tesco I'll pass. Probably why I never had enough point to start with

Master
    Good to know. I didnít know you could use them in Goldsmiths. I accumulate a lot of points through high fuel usage and always filling at Esso.

The problem I have with Tesco points is that they have expiry dates and if you donít use them, you lose them! I often end up buying some crap I donít want just so I donít lose the points...

I currently have about £200 on there so Iím off to see what I can get from Goldsmiths for £600 or thereabouts...