closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming....

Incoming....

Changing job that requires more travelling so decided to reward myself with a GMT watch in advance.

After having previously owned UN's Michelangelo and Quadrato GMTs, i'm back to this brand which is the friendliest and easy to operate GMT ever produced. With a good bargain at 50% discount and no wait list, this is no brainer.

Cheers

James

That is an interesting take on a GMT.

Nice face but the date window is oddly placed and shaped, still make a nice change to see something different.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I am guessing the pushers jump the hour hand back and forth by the hour and the home time window indicator remains constant?

What does the home time window look like when you move to double figures and is their an am/pm indicator for your home time somewhere? Genuine questions about this interesting time piece.

Martyn.

Good looking watch and definitely one of the stand out design.
    Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I am guessing the pushers jump the hour hand back and forth by the hour and the home time window indicator remains constant?

What does the home time window look like when you move to double figures and is their an am/pm indicator for your home time somewhere? Genuine questions about this interesting time piece.

Martyn.
    +1 on the am/pm part. Lovely watch. As a GMT fan this looks quite a classy take on the GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Martyn.
    Yes the pushers move the hour hand back at forth to tell the time of the destination that you’re in/heading to, and the home time remains constant. The home time at 9 o’clock is a 24 hours indicator (reads from 1-24) hence we’ll be able to tell if it’s morning or night. The window at 2pm is the date indicator which can be adjusted forward or backwards using the crown by pulling it out to the 2nd position for quick setting.

Essentially, we first use the crown to adjust the home time (both minute and hour hands will move accordingly) so that the number at 9 o’clock reflects home time. After that it’s done, simply press pushers to forward or backward the hour hand for the time difference of the destination that you’re heading to. Hope this helps.

Cheers

James
    Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 10th May 2019 at 15:03.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs up from me ☺

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Yes the pushers move the hour hand back at forth to tell the time of the destination that you’re in/heading to, and the home time remains constant. The home time at 9 o’clock is a 24 hours indicator (reads from 1-24) hence we’ll be able to tell if it’s morning or night. The window at 2pm is the date indicator which can be adjusted forward or backwards using the crown by pulling it out to the 2nd position for quick setting.

Essentially, we first use the crown to adjust the home time (both minute and hour hands will move accordingly) so that the number at 9 o’clock reflects home time. After that it’s done, simply press pushers to forward or backward the hour hand for the time difference of the destination that you’re heading to. Hope this helps.

Cheers

James
    So the date can be set totally independently and not need 'home' time to cycle through? That is a pretty complete and flexible GMT watch.

Love that. Never sure why UN don’t have more followers here. True horological skills on show in many of their models

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Love that. Never sure why UN don’t have more followers here. True horological skills on show in many of their models

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Sadly in the era of skyrocketing Rolex prices there is only one word to describe why - ‘depreciation’.

Shame really, so many cool watches out there. James’ collection in general is pretty eclectic. I’m all for it, so many cool watches!!!

What size is it? Sometimes hard to tell from wrist shots.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    So the date can be set totally independently and not need 'home' time to cycle through? That is a pretty complete and flexible GMT watch.
    Yup, it’s independent when you quick set it but the convention way of adjusting the date via moving hour hand can also be done. The link below shows how it works on the limited edition model (but functionality is the same as this regular models).

https://youtu.be/5SdwcOxLL_U
    Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 11th May 2019 at 13:34.

Sadly in the era of skyrocketing Rolex prices there is only one word to describe why - ‘depreciation’.

Shame really, so many cool watches out there. James’ collection in general is pretty eclectic. I’m all for it, so many cool watches!!!
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    What size is it? Sometimes hard to tell from wrist shots.
    It’s 42mm

Incoming....

Wrong post
    Last edited by Eamonn345; 12th May 2019 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Yup, it’s independent when you quick set it but the convention way of adjusting the date via moving hour hand can also be done. The link below shows how it works on the limited edition model (but functionality is the same as this regular models).

https://youtu.be/5SdwcOxLL_U
    Thank you. That is a beautiful LE. I’m assuming you have a similar strap too. It looks very impressive!

What a lovely watch, haven't seen many Ulysse Nardin's out in the wild but its always interesting when I do

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app

Thank you. That is a beautiful LE. I’m assuming you have a similar strap too. It looks very impressive!
    They’re throwing in a free strap and I’ve requested for it to be in blue. Now waiting for factory’s delivery.

Cheers

James

Master
    Nice choice, I used to have a UN Blue surf, very nice watches.

that is really really nice.

Is the date with the home or destination time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is the date with the home or destination time?
    It follows destination time.

Cheers