closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Broadarrow, Zeno, CWC

Broadarrow, Zeno, CWC

Fairly new here guys but i cant help but notice that there are a lot of CWC looking watches carrying different brand names on the dials. Could someone please educate me as to what the differences are?

Many thanks
    Darren

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Owl1
    I'm by no means an expert but i have had a few cwc and i used to have a broadarrow some years back (i sold it on eBay and regretted it straight away ) , i couldn't tell any difference in quality apart from the crystal and the dial on the Broadarrow seemed better than the cwc , i can't speak for the Zeno as i have not handled one .I' m sure there will be someone on here with more knowledge .

Quote Originally Posted by Matelot View Post
    Fairly new here guys but i cant help but notice that there are a lot of CWC looking watches carrying different brand names on the dials. Could someone please educate me as to what the differences are?

Many thanks
    Darren

Broad arrow made by zeno. Same quality different label. But the more recent zeno ones are parts bin specials. Some qa issues.

CWC big-name, mod supplier. Thus more kosher cachet for some people. More than twice the price for less good product imnsvho

Hth bignose dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Ps mwc. I wouldn't touch with somebody else's bargepole
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Thanks guys

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Ps mwc. I wouldn't touch with somebody else's bargepole

Nor I, some-one at work had one a couple of years back, it was shonky shite! So unless they are very different now I would avoid.

Journeyman
    Cabot watch company was started by an ex member of hamilton when they stopped supplying watches to the mod.

The company was founded with the intent of providing mod spec timepieces to the UK military. Hence why 1970s hamilton and cwc tonneau case front loaders are nigh on identical.

Journeyman
    But other than the identical look mentioned above. Many military watches share a similar look. Black dial being the most obvious design feature. Wwws, smiths w10, hami/cwc seiko, pulsar

Thanks all, it was confusing the life out of me. I wonder if bremont will launch something similar now they have the MOD contract

Quote Originally Posted by Matelot View Post
    Thanks all, it was confusing the life out of me. I wonder if bremont will launch something similar now they have the MOD contract

As I said in your other thread, Bremont would be shooting off their toes to come out with a budget watch. They place themselves way above that.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    As I said in your other thread, Bremont would be shooting off their toes to come out with a budget watch. They place themselves way above that.
    The prices CWC are going would they even have to? 2 grand for a “reissue” divers watch £600 for a quartz. The spec on a Bremont is a lot more than what’s on a CWC and I doubt CWC are charging those prices to the MOD.

If the rumours are even true all Bremont would need do is supply a few basic level divers and flog the rest to the general public for 2k with a NATO number on them to make a profit.