closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Comments welcome please

Master

Comments welcome please

https://goo.gl/images/xKs5x9

I’m giving thought to one of these just because...... I like the look of it. But I know nothing of the make and wonder if they are well thought of on here eg. reliable etc..yes I do mean the panomatic lunar.
    Last edited by Slamdoor; 13th September 2018 at 20:27.

They have a good reputation and the finish on the dial and movement is right up there. Servicing isn’t cheap

Master
    Good to know. Cheers:

Master
    Blog Entries
    My tastes are changing,I like it.

If nothing else it stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Good to know. Cheers:
    I have an older one and it’s panoreserve but it looks best in low light imho. Kinda comes alive but then Golden colours give way for full on silvery white in the sun

Owl1
    Unnecessary bits n bobs on the dial , not sure who designed it like this but Salvador Dali springs to mind.

Personally, hate the design but good brand and finishing.

Master
    Ok. Maybe different model from same brand. Seem to be plenty of choice. Hopefully no waiting list.

Comments welcome please

Doubt there’s much of a waiting list but negotiate good discount or better, buy used.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I likes - think it also comes with a white dial?

Craftsman
    Looks like a work of art to me. Won’t appeal to the mainstream only taste, but for quality and class you can’t go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Not quite to my taste, but I have a GO and they are a seriously good watch. Beautifully made and designed. Not as robust as, say, Rolex, because they are more 'dressy' but of equal quality.
    Owned by Swatch, so servicing at Southampton, no more hassle than Omega . If you like the design, then you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Unnecessary bits n bobs on the dial , not sure who designed it like this but Salvador Dali springs to mind.
    Apparently designed with the golden ratio at its core. A google search will explain better than I can how prevalent the golden ratio is in everything around ya

Apprentice
    GO are stunning watches, there are threads on here about factory visits :
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=visit
    I have stood outside but not in

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Apparently designed with the golden ratio at its core. A google search will explain better than I can how prevalent the golden ratio is in everything around ya
    The application of the golden ratio to that dial is tenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    The application of the golden ratio to that dial is tenuous at best.
    Really? What part doesn’t fit?

I for one, love the GO Pano series, finishing looks amazing, dials are beautiful and intriguing whilst the open case back shows great work on the movement. A watch that screams much more money than they actually are. Yes they are obviously a poorer Lange 1, but that isn’t a bad thing!

Hopefully one day a white dial blue hands moonphase will be in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Is The Watch Source a good place to buy at discount?

Master
    Rusty, you are my man.

Btw did you know that lenght of bones in fingers is equal to Fibonacci sequence?

Master
    I don't know what discount they offer. The alternative is four years interest free credit (Berrys). You have to do the maths!

They assume the 3 major points of interest. I think the seconds dial is more noticeable than the power reserve and would look far better moved down a bit (centred on edge of main dial even?).

Ignoring this, they say the vertices of lines are ideal for points of interest. It's not hard to get a 'bit' of the off-centre dial, power reserve or date to fit those rules. Would be far more believable if the centres did. Which diagram are they using, or is it a combination of the two? Think many watches would 'accidentally' fit the rules by judicious use of such diagrams (rotating by 90 degrees etc as necessary).

They look beautifully made (even moreso in person, I found, after seeing some in Venice), but I can't see anything but a ladies watch dial in a man's case on these particular models.

There are GOs I'd definitely consider (if I felt flush), but it would never be one of the little dial in a big case models...

You did ask for comments

M.

Craftsman
    Doubt there’s much of a waiting list but negotiate good discount or better, buy used.

It's a beautiful watch. Lovely to behold, and well made. And, of course, gorgeous in-house movements are visible through the back.

There is no waiting list, you just need to find a dealer with stock -- which is not always easy as GO seem to concentrate their marketing on the far east. Wempe, in Bond Street, holds a pretty good selection.
    There are two FB groups related to GO -- many members from Singapore.

10% discount should be achievable -- possibly more.

I went for the PanoReserve (calibre 65 manual).

Apprentice
    I’ve been looking at this watch for a while (years) and finally found a store who started selling them and I was so disappointed. The sub dial is stunning but the main dial is so plain and makes it feel cheap, you just can’t see that detail from a photo. I ended up looking at the seventies and sorta fell in love with it. Now waiting for a special event they have coming up and hopefully I’ll get a look at the new senator excellence moonphase with brushed steel dial.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    Rusty, you are my man.

Btw did you know that lenght of bones in fingers is equal to Fibonacci sequence?
    Of course

They assume the 3 major points of interest. I think the seconds dial is more noticeable than the power reserve and would look far better moved down a bit (centred on edge of main dial even?).

Ignoring this, they say the vertices of lines are ideal for points of interest. It's not hard to get a 'bit' of the off-centre dial, power reserve or date to fit those rules. Would be far more believable if the centres did. Which diagram are they using, or is it a combination of the two? Think many watches would 'accidentally' fit the rules by judicious use of such diagrams (rotating by 90 degrees etc as necessary).
    The diagram is someone else’s. The reference to the dial being designed for all the pano series in accordance with the golden ratio is taken straight off Glashutte’s website.

The diagram is someone else’s. The reference to the dial being designed for all the pano series in accordance with the golden ratio is taken straight off Glashutte’s website.
    Why post that diagram then, what does it illustrate - how exactly does the dial fit the ratio?

Why post that diagram then, what does it illustrate - how exactly does the dial fit the ratio?
    It’s obvious to me - but if it’s not to you that’s ok. Maybe ask Glashutte. It’s their claim. I’m just quoting it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by acowan84 View Post
    I’ve been looking at this watch for a while (years) and finally found a store who started selling them and I was so disappointed. The sub dial is stunning but the main dial is so plain and makes it feel cheap, you just can’t see that detail from a photo. I ended up looking at the seventies and sorta fell in love with it. Now waiting for a special event they have coming up and hopefully I’ll get a look at the new senator excellence moonphase with brushed steel dial.

Am liking this very much.

Exactly. It's utter twaddle.

Master

Settled on this today. I kind of like it. Makes a good alternative to the DJ.

The hands are actually blue - my pathetic photo.
    Last edited by Slamdoor; 17th September 2018 at 18:32.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post

The hands are actually blue - my pathetic photo.
    Fabulous choice -- congratulations -- you'll love it

Black, or blue -- depends on the incidence angle of the light.
    These photos taken within seconds of each other (and not photoshopped) . . .

Senator Excellence Kaliber 36-01
    Last edited by Yokel; 18th September 2018 at 14:07.

Craftsman
    have become a big fan of these recently.....

Master
    Well, if we are going GO, how about a rather unadorned version....Senator Excellence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Well, if we are going GO, how about a rather unadorned version....Senator Excellence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What a lovely watch! I need a glashutte in my collection

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    What a lovely watch! I need a glashutte in my collection

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

GO Kaliber 36 (found in all the Senator Excellence watches pictured above) is none too shabby from the back either. 100 hours power reserve from a single barrel.

Master
    Concur about the Calibre 36 with the silicon balance spring. Seems a quality movement that undergoes 24 day tests where you get an individual calibration certificate related to the individual movement number plus an online portal relating to it should you fancy. I haven’t looked yet but in my nerdy way I can confirm it has gained half a second over the last 24 hrs. which isn’t too shabby.
    I love it!

Must say I love my GO Panoreserve. I also like the lunar but felt that the power reserve was a more useful feature.

very nice indeed especially the properly done big date.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Must say I love my GO Panoreserve. I also like the lunar but felt that the power reserve was a more useful feature.

Agree wholeheartedly -- which is why I have three GOs to date: Panoreserve (blue, like yours, and gorgeous), Senator Excellence (just so elegant) -- both of which are pictured in this thread -- and a Sport Evolution Panoramadatum (if you are going to have a diver, it might as well be a good looking one).

The one aspect of GO which does little for me is the small (if pretty) and strangely placed moon-phase implementation. For that function I went to Zenith . . .

Apprentice
    All lovely watches! Can’t wait to get my own GO

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    very nice indeed especially the properly done big date.
    Think I posted this before somewhere but the way they actually do the big date with two wheels is ingenious - I actually thing this might be a drawing of a Lange but you the idea

Craftsman
    Think I posted this before somewhere but the way they actually do the big date with two wheels is ingenious - I actually thing this might be a drawing of a Lange but you the idea
    Fantastic.

Only one "but". The schematic demonstrates why the two numbers in the Lange big date are not coplanar (and therefore need to be separated by a bar).

The GO implementation of the big date is coplanar, and can therefore appear in a singe window . . .

which, to my mind, is a tad more elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post
    Fantastic.

Only one "but". The schematic demonstrates why the two numbers in the Lange big date are not coplanar (and therefore need to be separated by a bar).

The GO implementation of the big date is coplanar, and can therefore appear in a singe window . . .

which, to my mind, is a tad more elegant.
    Inclined to agree

Comments welcome please

Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post

The one aspect of GO which does little for me is the small (if pretty) and strangely placed moon-phase implementation. For that function I went to Zenith . . .

Funny so did I!

And showing the same date if not time and moon phase!

Last edited by paw3001; 18th September 2018 at 22:25.

Funny so did I!

And showing the same date if not time and moon phase!

The funny thing is you swapped a small and strangely placed moonphase for a Small and strangely placed date on the zenith! In the same area of the dial. Looks very nice tho

The funny thing is you swapped a small and strangely placed moonphase for a Small and strangely placed date on the zenith! In the same area of the dial. Looks very nice tho
    But that’s because the focus was on the moon phase and not the date...well that’s my excuse!

Craftsman
    But that’s because the focus was on the moon phase and not the date...well that’s my excuse!

Date is in the same sort of place as with the Lange. I rather like it. And, at least it is coplanar!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Very nice looking watch.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

To me this type of watch, small time dial in a bigger case, just leaves me wondering why. I don’t like the way the functions have there own separate part of a bigger dial.
    Good job we are all different.