closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Contact details for Steve Burrage (ex Ryte Time, Leicester)

Hybrid View

Contact details for Steve Burrage (ex Ryte Time, Leicester)

Hello you lovelies

Do any of you have a contact details for Steve Burrage (ex Ryte Time, Leicester)?

I'm actually a good friend of his (no, really) but my phone was nicked a couple of weeks ago and I seem to have lost a lot of numbers, including his.

I tried an email but it just bounced back and I normally text or call him.

I could just drive over there but it's about an hour away and he might not be in.

Bugger!

Thanks

Grand Master
    Can`t help with contact details, but relying on saving info in phones is a mistake and there's too much risk of losing it. Trusty old address book for me, never lets me down.

Craftsman
    Or back it up like 90% of people who live in 2018 and own a smartphone do automatically?

Thanks now sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Or back it up like 90% of people who live in 2018 and own a smartphone do automatically?
    The baffling 'who is this? Got new phone' when you message someone...

Grand Master
    These paper address books are incredibly reliable, and being quite large they’re quite difficult to lose. Amazing technology, you write the relevent information on the correct page with a pen........and it’s there forever!

Mobile phones are excellent....provided their limitations are recognised. A mobile phone is an ‘ as well as’, not an ‘ instead of’.

I would never rely on a mobile phone as a primary storage resource for essential information, the logic is seriously flawed.

Master
    As long as Apple keep going I am unlikely to loose my contact details.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    These paper address books are incredibly reliable, and being quite large they’re quite difficult to lose. Amazing technology, you write the relevent information on the correct page with a pen........and it’s there forever!

Mobile phones are excellent....provided their limitations are recognised. A mobile phone is an ‘ as well as’, not an ‘ instead of’.

I would never rely on a mobile phone as a primary storage resource for essential information, the logic is seriously flawed.
    Of course books can’t burn, no sir. Not a chance.

Picture this. We are in a pub drinking, your book on the table, my phone along side it. Some nutter nicks your book along with my gleaming iPhone. Your life connections are gone, mine will be restored the moment I pick up a new phone.

Welcome to the 21st century.

No it isn’t. Ink fades. Now pencil, that’s forever.... we’ll at least longer than ink!!

:-)

Craftsman

Still OT with respect to the question from the OP but..... It's unusual these days for mobile phone data to be saved only on the phone.

As you say Paul, the biggest problem with a lost phone used to be the loss of data, when the phones themselves were cheap. Nowadays the data is instantly and constantly available on multiple devices simultaneously, being saved to an account on a cloud server. Now it's the actual value of the phone that's more significant and very annoying if it gets lost or stolen.

Your paper book may be significantly cheaper but as a single source of the data it's actually far more vulnerable than most online iPhone or Google accounts, even when tucked away safely in your house.

Sent from my G8441 using TZ-UK mobile app

Can`t help with contact details, but relying on saving info in phones is a mistake and there's too much risk of losing it. Trusty old address book for me, never lets me down.
    Think most people’s address books are synced to iCloud or whatever platform they use.

I used to communicate via smoke signal but living in a city these smokeless fuel rules are a right royal PITA. Everyone tells me I should invest in a couple of pigeons but I don't know, all this new fangled technology...
    "A man of little significance"