closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega NATO longevity

Craftsman

Omega NATO longevity

Hello,

I'd like to hear your experiences on the OEM NATOs from Omega.
    How long they last wearing them daily? Also how does a more active (scuba/diving, etc.) lifestyle affect their life span?
    Should one more like treasure them instead of having them as a daily beater?

Pat

Master
    Mine will last forever as its ludicrous keeper spacing means it doesn't fit on my wrist, thus it will remain in the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to hear your experiences on the OEM NATOs from Omega.
    How long they last wearing them daily? Also how does a more active (scuba/diving, etc.) lifestyle affect their life span?
    Should one more like treasure them instead of having them as a daily beater?

Pat
    Mate of mine is Petty Officer Stoker and he wears his speedy on the black Omega NATO daily. Swears blind by it and he really puts it through its paces. If hes happy with it elbow deep in ships engines i would imagine you have nothing to worry about

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Even though they’re quite durable, I’m more towards treasuring the oem one and just using a lookalike nato, that way if anything happens to the nato you won’t feel too bad about it!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I use my black OEM NATO on my Speedie and transfer it regular to the 2254. I don’t worry about it and treat it as any other NATO so far it’s stood up to everything I’ve thrown at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    I use my black OEM NATO on my Speedie and transfer it regular to the 2254. I don’t worry about it and treat it as any other NATO so far it’s stood up to everything I’ve thrown at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My OEM NATO from the Speedy is now on my 2254 but, as I've moaned before, the centralised buckle means the strap end is too short to double back through the keeper but just long enough to overlap the bezel of the watch GRRR!!!
    Quality is superb, practicality is less so...

Craftsman

Wink

Thank you gents for you input!

Currently I have worn my time factor NATO for the best part since last year mainly for the actively spent warmer days and it already is fraying at the end (opposite the buckle).
    So I was curious if Omega's price is justified with durability, not just branding.

While they're beautiful and you could clearly feel its a premium product, due to its price I am yet to pull the trigger hence trying to find a rational motive.

Master
    The quality is excellent, I'm just fed up that the design stops me wearing it! If I could get it to fit I'd wear it every day probably.

Craftsman
    Which one do you have? Maybe I'd be interested to buy it :-D

Master
    It's the black one that came with the Speedy. At the moment I don't really want to sell it but if I do I'll let you know