closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 8500 PO Values...

8500 PO Values...

....any thoughts on if they are still depreciating or where they might go?....particularly a 42mm titanium version.

afaik, the previous (2500) PO initially depreciated, leveled out and now is slightly increasing?

Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries
    Like all omega they lose 30-35% from RRP walking out the door and another 10-15 over the next 18 months then stay at that level.

They will appreciate in line with price increases. Unless a limited run then they are not rare or in demand.

Pre-owned prices seem fairly stable but I've had several Planet Oceans over the years and my overall thoughts are they are a good watch, but not a great watch. Each variant has a few pluses and a few minuses and the search goes on for the ultimate PO.

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    Like all omega they lose 30-35% from RRP walking out the door and another 10-15 over the next 18 months then stay at that level.

They will appreciate in line with price increases. Unless a limited run then they are not rare or in demand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Pre-owned prices seem fairly stable but I've had several Planet Oceans over the years and my overall thoughts are they are a good watch, but not a great watch. Each variant has a few pluses and a few minuses and the search goes on for the ultimate PO.
    I've had a 2500 and 8500; liked them both, sold the 8500 as it was too heavy, hence considering the titanium version.

Each variant has a few pluses and a few minuses and the search goes on for the ultimate PO.
    I seem to find that with any watch; just can't find one that doesn't have something I'm not happy with/would like to change!

...but not a great watch
    I'd be interested to know which watch(es) you regard as great?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    Cheers
    I can't speak for the OP, but I agree the PO is not a great watch. I currently have a larger sized (45.5mm?) 8500 PO and it's the bezel click which is the main issue I have with it... just not very satisfying.

For me a great watch would be the Grand Seiko SBGA031 (and similar models from GS).

As far as pricing for 8500 PO's goes, they seem to have been pretty stable for a while, but I haven't been looking too closely.
    Last edited by danmiddle2; 10th September 2018 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    I've had a 2500 and 8500; liked them both, sold the 8500 as it was too heavy, hence considering the titanium version.

I had the 8500 42mm titanium version, and it was very good watch but the shade of blue was ultimately not to my liking and again the lack of bracelet adjustment was criminal at the price point.

I seem to find that with any watch; just can't find one that doesn't have something I'm not happy with/would like to change!

I know what you mean, there's nearly aways something to find fault with. Take my new Seiko Turtle for instance, a really nice watch but the strap is way too long.

Over the years I've had numerous watches in all shapes and sizes, but my 40mm Chronomat GT has a lot going for it, a really nice shade of blue dial, classic Chronomat design, looks good on a strap or bracelet, good build quality, a very well made bracelet with micro adjust and a rock solid easy to service cost 7750 movement. Of course other would not been seen dead wear a Breitling, but that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Cheers