closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko identification please.

Master

Seiko identification please.

Seiko help required please.

The owner, not me, would like to identify the watch and get a bracelet/strap of the type originally supplied, or aftermarket as close as possible.
    Lug width 18mm.

Not Cousins thank you, I'm not trade.

TIA.

3DC5F5E6-5DA2-4887-B0DA-F1E3166F0922 by Dave in Wales, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dave in Wales; 9th September 2018 at 13:49.

The watch case style is the first four numbers at the bottom of the dial. From your pic it looks like 7006. The second set of four is the style code. Using vintage Seiko production date lookup sites (don’t have the link handy at the moment, sorry), you may find pics of the original watch as issued.

The serial number contains an indication of the production date, the first digit will be the year (usually a specific year within the model’s production run), the second digit indicating the month. That might help you in finding NOS or vintage bracelets on flea market sites.

Master
    Yes, as above. Have a look on the back at the model number and google it, that’s the best bet. Probably have most luck looking for 7005 bracelets as that’ll be a more common version

You may find the bracelet expensive separately though, might be best to buy a whole Watch and take the bracelet and sell the head. I find that’s the cheapest way especially if it had a BOR bracelet for example. Buy it separately and it’s £80 or buy an old 7005 complete with the same bracelet for £50 if you’re canny.

Craftsman
    Cousins sell to the general public too - I've ordered from there without any issue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by threescoops View Post
    Cousins sell to the general public too - I've ordered from there without any issue.
    Thanks, handy to know.