closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooked Breakfast

Master
    Blog Entries

Cooked Breakfast

Just had a reunion of ex colleagues and as expected a cooked breakfast was on offer, just as it always was wherever we were.

But how many folk nowadays have one either daily, weekly, monthly etc???

We all said we no longer do but sometimes it was the last ‘real’ we had for a good while.

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Usually when I stay away for work, with varying results. I get fed up of it after a couple of days and switch to continental on longer trips.

Craftsman
    If there is black pudding, potato scones or, good lord, haggis on offer then the croissants can quick frankly do one!!
    It's now usually if staying at a hotel or B&B these days as a treat fro me, rarely at home.

When my mate visits from Surrey, we nip up to Barnard Castle to have a 'big boy's breakfast'. Once in a while though!..... other than that it's porridge with raw milk. 😁

Master
    Poached eggs and toast most weekends, add beans when the winter comes, look forward to it

LOL, I thought it's me.. I usually have it on the first day or two in a hotel just to get the energy in (that's an old one innit) before settling in the cereal/croissant/ham and cheese/fruits routine. Can't remember when last time I cooked it at home..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Very occasionally, probably a few times per year and usually when staying at a hotel.

Had this last month...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I enjoy a fat boys breakfast anytime of the day when I am out on the motorbike so almost everyday from March to Nov then a winter detox
    RIAC

It's something that I have to fancy. If I'm having a cooked brekky, I like a local greasy spoon, it's a proper belly buster and sets me up for he day.

Craftsman
    Full English every two weeks, a local Hotel does an ex-forces breakfast club and it's great

Depends really where I’m working or have I taken snap, but I must have probably about 2 a month,I do like a bit of bubble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually have the full English on short hotel stays as others have said, and always before heading out for a day at the races.

Just polished off a fried egg on toast at home, which is pretty usual at weekends. During the week I get by on a big coffee and a breakfast biscuit, so never feel guilty about the odd brekkie blowout :)

Craftsman
    In Scotland a tattie scone is a must with a cooked breakfast but beans has always been a no no for me.

After a really heavy night however I often resort to a Scottish breakfast - 2 paracetamol and a bottle of Irn Bru!!

Craftsman
    Every weekend, but since the girlfriend is veggie, no meat. I don’t actually mind (though she’s away this weekend so the sausages n bacon has returned)!

I’m far too lazy during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Veggie cooked breakfast every Sunday. Single pan and microwave for the scrambled eggs. Salmon and scrambled eggs on toast once a week midweek. Granola, fruit and Greek style natural yoghurt on the other five days.

I usually succumb to the irresistible pull of a full English once a month or so, usually combined with an early Saturday morning trip to Lymington and its market.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    When my mate visits from Surrey, we nip up to Barnard Castle to have a 'big boy's breakfast'. Once in a while though!..... other than that it's porridge with raw milk. 
    Krusty's on Northgate is fry-up central in our part of the world. Once a week when I'm home.
    Last edited by Tony; 8th September 2018 at 11:54.

Master
    Usually on holiday, followed by whatever breakfasts if the world are on offer from dim sum to pastries. Who doesn’t need 4,000kcal to start a day of sitting by the pool!

I stay away with work 1-2 nights each week & actively leave the hotel before 6.30 to avoid the temptation of them. I just know I can’t choose the healthy option, so remove the temptation.

Having a cooked breakfast as tomorrow nights meal & really looking forward to it!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Having a cooked breakfast as tomorrow nights meal & really looking forward to it!

This. I'm in hotels 3-4 nights a week so have to actively avoid a cooked breakfast each morning. The solution is to plan in a full-English as an evening meal once in a blue moon. Joy.

Usually only a couple times a year at hotels, but had twice last week at my gym cafe

Craftsman
    Love a full English, try to get one down my neck every couple weeks.

Journeyman
    Have a lot more business breakfasts than lunches these days. Nothing more disappointing than a so called full English in a fancy place where they give you a tiny pot of beans, one sausage, rasher and a couple of mushrooms and charge £15+ for the pleasure. Every month or so we go to the local greasy spoon and I know I probably won’t need to eat for the rest of the day if I get their Fatboy breakfast with chips, black pudding, bubble the lot.

I go for one every couple of months at Krazy Horse customs just north of Bury St Edmunds

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6fENGBbuMfwWayQA6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3RL3WksJe64cMVgq7
    Last edited by jammie*dodger; 8th September 2018 at 14:05.

Blog Entries
    Cooked breakfast once a week when we do the shopping. Luvverly jubberly.
    Ian

Craftsman
    Normally only have a full English when staying in a hotel. Other than that it’s cereal/porridge/muesli on a weekday and on weekends it’s poached smoked haddock and poached eggs with toast from bread that I’ve made in my bread maker. If there’s any left over from in the week, a couple of bits of asparagus on top of each egg. Delish!

Every Sunday.

Two slices of small fresh bread, toasted
    A thin slice of black pudding on the top of each
    Two eggs on top of each of the black puddings
    One butchers pork sausage on the side
    A small serving of beans
    A small serving of mushrooms

HP sauce
    Freshly ground black pepper

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman LMAO View Post
    This. I'm in hotels 3-4 nights a week so have to actively avoid a cooked breakfast each morning. The solution is to plan in a full-English as an evening meal once in a blue moon. Joy.
    Yup avoidance is the only strategy! Must have been 9-10 months since the last. We are out for dinner tonight but I’m already salivating about the fry up!

Grand Master
    Much as I enjoy sausage, beans, bacon etc. I find it hard to eat this stuff first thing in the morning. If I’m staying in hotels here it’s available I’ll eat small portions, but if I eat too much I end up feeling stuffed and uncomfortable for the next 2 hrs. Light breakfast and a big lunch suits me far better.

Craftsman
    Daily on holiday and often meet friends for breakfast during my time off at home. Dad has butcher shops so I’m spoiled when it comes to meat in general!

Master
    Most weekends Saturday and Sunday, but vary it.

Bacon, sausage eggs (poached, fried, scrambled)

Toast or fried bread or french toast

Sometimes add in plum tomatoes or beans

Only once in a blue moon if I’m travelling in a hotel, and then it’s usually scrambled/poached eggs with bacon, toast, tomato and mushrooms. Baked beans are the spawn of Satan and contaminate/flood the plate, only acceptable in a ramekin to avoid sauce overspill.

At home, being a Scot, love a couple of warm potato scones with fried eggs, occasionally with bacon on the side.

Absolute minimum of once a week. I’d have one most days if I could find the time.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    at least once a week, which is probably why i'm a rather large chap!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

My Nan prided herself on the fact that she sent my Grandad off to work every day of his life on a cooked breakfast, rash of bacon, fried egg, tomato and a sliced of fried bread, all cooked in proper lard.

That said he retired from the bank aged 65 and died of a heart attack 4 years later.

I’ll have a fry up when I stay in hotels other wise I feel like I haven’t had my monies worth. Trouble is at the moment I’m away 2 nights a weeks!

A cooked breakfast is my weakness.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Fried Egg, Smoked Bacon, Toast and Fried Tomatos (Home Grown when available) every Saturday Morning - cooked by me

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great responses. It seems the cooked breakfast is very much alive and kicking. We always talk though about a full Scottish or English. Is there a full Welsh or Irish, and what makes a full Scottish or English for YOU?

Jim

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Fried Egg, Smoked Bacon, Toast and Fried Tomatos (Home Grown when available) every Saturday Morning - cooked by me
    no just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    .......what makes a full Scottish or English for YOU?

Jim
    Hmmm - 2 poached eggs (soft yoke), thick (local) bacon, 2 x Richmond sausages (I know), tinned plum tomatoes, Heinz beans, toasted sourdough with Lurpack on. Yorkshire (strong) tea and a splash of HP brown sauce. Occasionally haggis....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Every Sunday.

Two slices of small fresh bread, toasted
    A thin slice of black pudding on the top of each
    Two eggs on top of each of the black puddings
    One butchers pork sausage on the side
    A small serving of beans
    A small serving of mushrooms

HP sauce
    Freshly ground black pepper
    "Small" and "thin" have no place in a discussion about cooked breakfasts, you blackguard! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Hmmm - 2 poached eggs (soft yoke), thick (local) bacon, 2 x Richmond sausages (I know), tinned plum tomatoes, Heinz beans, toasted sourdough with Lurpack on. Yorkshire (strong) tea and a splash of HP brown sauce. Occasionally haggis....
    Any good places in Harrogate for a breakfast?

Master
    Cook them every day, and frequently snack on the components, but last time I had a full English was at Heathrow about 14 years ago.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I really hate you Chris. Now I’m starving. I can even smell it!😜

Craftsman
    I have this every Saturday and Sunday without fail. The beans are an occasional carb treat

Last edited by jimyu; 9th September 2018 at 00:09.

Craftsman
    Full Scottish must have square sausage and haggis for me! And I’m partial to chips on the side too lol.

Craftsman
    I have a cooked breakfast for dinner every now and again, sometimes you just really fancy it!

Full Scottish also *needs* potato scones. Some folk also throw in a slice of haggis, but a tad too rich and spicy for me before the sun goes over the yardarm...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Full Scottish also *needs* potato scones.
    I’ll second that!

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Full Scottish also *needs* potato scones. Some folk also throw in a slice of haggis, but a tad too rich and spicy for me before the sun goes over the yardarm...
    Potato scones, two eggs, soda scone sliced and fried, and three slices of haggis. Wonderful but I've not been able to buy the first two items down here.

Master
    Have one every time I spot all the ingredients in the fridge usually every couple of weeks. Also when travelling, e.g on Wednesday travelling through Lancashire dropped in at my favourite cafe and had a Big Breakfast Barm.
    Very large barm cake, 2 sausage, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, ketchup. Mug of tea. Lovely Jubbly.