closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Received supposedly new watch from Jura

Craftsman

Received supposedly new watch from Jura

Today I received my latest edition watch the. Ball Enigineer Master 2 Skindiver chronometer from Jura watches for a 10 percent off price of 2040..
    First of all I absolutely love the watch.. the syringe hands the finish and the bracelet , possibly my favourite watch for quite some time.. but devastated to see so many handling marks and small scratches.. ive emailed them and asked either for a new replacement or a return for refund.. but its sods law that they will not have another as they are out of production.. thing is If i wear it for a few months id likely put more marks on it and they are not major.. but its just the bloody cheek of it.. have a look and do you think id be better asking for a partial refund and keep it... feel free to comment on the watch , the AD and the marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An update and I feel an important development with my experience with Jura..
    I have as a collector and enthusiast been involved with Jura watches for about 8 months.. I have initially found them to be helpful and polite and reassuring.
    Things took a turn for the worse with the Ball watch purchase and left a sour taste in my mouth and with many others on here also. It was clear from responses that
    I was not isolated in this as an experience.
    This thread has without doubt caught their attention and I was contacted by a customer service agent, I will not name them.. and they were very professional and apologetic and assured me that
    they had taken on board the issues and my feedback and they were keen to keep me as a customer. I felt quietly confident that JURA have learnt some lessons from this episode, and some of the changes that
    have taken place since include their willingness to take wrist shots or shots of the actual watch for you before dispatch or purchae..this I fell is a great development..
    It is nice to see that they have follwed up with me, didnt shy away from my critiscism and were intent on improving and listening.
    The thread has obviously impacted on them and because of their response I am just putting this out there, its a second chance so to speak.
    I have actually ordered the new Seiko from them today..and I am happy after speaking with them to continue to use them...lets hope this is the start and not just a one off, and to be fair to them Im sure they are
    100% genuine in their apology.
    Last edited by Frantastic; 29th October 2018 at 10:52.

Firstly it is a cracker of a watch. I want one.

Secondly you are absolutely right to want a decent sized amount back for the damage.

Master
    I would be asking for a refund, but if it is the watch you want and you can’t get elsewhere, then make a big deal about the condition and point out it is effectively pre owned and ask for the appropriate discount. 10% on a ball watch in that condition does not sound appropriate

Perhaps ask for a refund to cover costs of a professional refurb - gives you a tangible figure to bargain with. Welcome from a fellow North Wales member.

Craftsman
    Looks like a used watch to me and one that’s been poorly refinished on the crown side. Unless the numerous marks give that impression.

The marks on the clasp look like wear from use.

Craftsman
    Yes i agree, even the polished edge on the crown side is dulled from someones attempt at refinishing.. ive just found one more in stock at firstclasswatches.. anybody had any dealings with them.. will that be another from the display stock!!
    Im hoping they dont have cheek to say ive damaged it when i await their response tomorrow... they may even be able to order me a new one!! Which ideally is what I want..
    Keep the comments coming

Journeyman
    They should definitely be giving you a decent amount of money back if you want to keep it. Figure out what a reasonable amount of money is(as someone suggested the cost of a professional refurb) and push for an amount as close to possible!

It's a lovely watch OP

Craftsman
    What are we looking at for a professional refurb.. any figures...
    And thanks for the welcome ...

I’d send it back for a refund and get elsewhere. You shouldn’t have to refurb a new watch, even if the cost is covered.

Btw I got my GS from Jura and it was pristine. They really should be checking returns and not accepting them if there is signs of wear / damage but it definitely looks like they haven’t. I’d also be asking why this didn’t happen.

10% is a standard discount so don’t let them palm you off with ‘that’s why it had 10% off’.

Journeyman
    Definitely do not accept without a challenge. For me I would escalate the situation with the seller. It’s a trading standards issue and legally mis-sold. You should return with full refund or set a price which you would be prepared to pay as a used and then refurb it if you feel you can . Looking at the scratches I suspect you could get it polished quite easily at lower cost if you tried hard . Certainly you need to get something out of it. I would pursue and liaise with the seller with using powerful statements in a complaint letter referencing “ mis-selling “, “trading standards”, demanding their complaints policy and a response within x number of days . Hope it gets sorted . Atb

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Definitely do not accept without a challenge. For me I would escalate the situation with the seller. It’s a trading standards issue and legally mis-sold. You should return with full refund or set a price which you would be prepared to pay as a used and then refurb it if you feel you can . Looking at the scratches I suspect you could get it polished quite easily at lower cost if you tried hard . Certainly you need to get something out of it. I would pursue and liaise with the seller with using powerful statements in a complaint letter referencing “ mis-selling “, “trading standards”, demanding their complaints policy and a response within x number of days . Hope it gets sorted . Atb

Tbh that’s what I’d call the ‘plan B’ stage. Best to go in assertive but pleasant to start with. They may agree to whatever you adk off the bat. No need to risk souring relationships for no reason.

Journeyman
    I would tell them I will be returning the watch for a full refund. I’d bet they offer a discount.

Master
    I would definitely be returning it for a refund. I've had a couple of much cheaper watches from first class watches and had no issues, gotta be worth a try as they also have 10% off at the moment.

Cheeky buggers. I bet someone sniggered out loud when they realised they'd dumped it for just a 10% discount.
    Gray

This is all dependant upon whether Jura can be arsed to reply to your emails. I found them to be a complete shoddy outfit when I bought my Heuer 02 as I’ve previously explained on here. Good luck though 👍

Personally, I’d return it and search elsewhere. I appreciate it’s out of production, but if you’re a keen bean with an afternoon spare, I bet if you ring around the UK dealers (you’ll likely find a list on the ball website) you’ll find a piece in stock somewhere, then all you have to do is haggle. Have you tried Chrono24?

Edit> Just to add, I think this is a great looking watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Matt.D; 8th September 2018 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    devastated to see so many handling marks and small scratches..
    If this is really how you feel - devasted rather than a little irked - then clearly the watch must be returned. Which, buying online, you can do regardless of condition within your 14 days. You’ll find another.

No need to deliberate.

A polite email saying you received the watch but it is not in new condition along with the photos and "is there anything they can do" to compensate for this, otherwise your thoughts are to return it for a refund as you thought you were buying a new watch should yield results - they are only going to have this situation again if they get it returned and have to sell it again anyway.

Or phone them.

Craftsman
    Thanks everyone..: ive managed to source another brand new for 1850. So im going to return this today unless they reduce it by another 500...
    Ill keep you posted on their response...

Good luck.

I'm sure you would find a used one at a great discount if you needed to in any case.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    If this is really how you feel - devasted rather than a little irked - then clearly the watch must be returned. Which, buying online, you can do regardless of condition within your 14 days. You’ll find another.
    Which is probably what someone else did with this watch before. Selling expensive watches online must be a hassle for dealers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Which is probably what someone else did with this watch before. Selling expensive watches online must be a hassle for dealers.
    Yes, and a potential problem for buyers...how often are they getting a 'returned' watch? It's sufficiently common for Jura to withhold warrantee cards until the return period has passed.
    I don't think the 'right of return' law was properly thought through.
    I've got a business friend who sells luxury goods and no longer sells by mail. The strange thing is, he's getting more business.

Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post
    Looks like a used watch to me and one that’s been poorly refinished on the crown side. Unless the numerous marks give that impression.

The marks on the clasp look like wear from use.
    I agree.

The watch appears to have been worn and then refinished, and pretty poorly too.

I agree with what has been said already. Send it back.
    Last edited by j111dja; 7th September 2018 at 11:05.

You paid how much for a Ball watch?

I've made a few purchases from Jura and they've all gone wrong in one way or another. Two of them were for the same reason as you - watches arrived covered in hairlines with no protective wrap on the bracelet so clearly they'd been worn and then some, but were sold as brand new unworn.

I guess that's the problem with internet selling and returns laws – 9/10 people probably wouldn't notice but watch idiots like us do.

Seems it's not just people carefully trying it on at home either, rather people wearing them for a week then sending them back.

Unfortunately, the way consumer law is it's hard for the retailers to reject returns like these.

Craftsman
    I offered them the option of 150 refund ...they offered me 50 and a polish..they have almost point blank refused to offer a refund.. no apology.. and always replying after 18 emails with we will examine the watch on return and decide what to do.. I said 100 then and I will keep it and save you the bother. They have also said they would replace with a new one but cant put a timescale on it.. which would take me out of the 14 day period so Im not accepting that.. and I suspect I might even get the same bloody watch back after a polish.. such a shame.. but my god they must be under some serious sales pressure as they absolutely dont want to use the words refund.. in fact im worried sick now about. E whole returns process..
    Hopefully it will be ok.. fingers crossed..

Master
    By law, they have to offer a refund. Firstly because, as delivered, it was unfit for purpose, and secondly because consumer law gives you the right of refund in the specified time period. No ifs or buts....money back..
    What they are trying to do is get you to waive that right by accepting an alternative. Don't fall for it.
    Last edited by paskinner; 7th September 2018 at 14:34.

Craftsman
    Its not really my place to tell you how to handle the situation, but I think its best to be very clear about how you want Jura to rectify the issue.

By asking for a refund, then asking for a discount is sending out a confused message.

Craftsman
    Yes I agree, I may have caused confusion .. but my last email was blatantly clear that I require a refund so I will await developments..

Master

They should be ashamed of themselves. A mere £100 off for this? I would recommend telling them to stuff it but of course it depends on how much you want the watchnice watch by the way.

Try iguana sell U.K. who are an AD for Ball I think they have an 18% off coupon

Craftsman
    The awful thing is that they make you feel as if its your bloody fault.. this so called 30 day try it on at home scheme is a bloody disgrace if all they do is keep rechurning watches..

Craftsman
    This is rather unsettling but as others have said you have the 14 day return period no questions asked by law!

Craftsman
    Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread.. appreciate the friendly and advisory nature of this forum, and glad I joined

Craftsman
    As has been said, legally they must provide you with a refund. Good luck and thanks for posting as it’s a good heads up for other potential buyers.

Craftsman

Dilemma

I have decided to look elsewhere and possibly further up the tree of watches..I would appreciate your thoughts on the Grand Seiko Spring Drive Diver 200 SBGA 029 which im lookin at...or a 2016 Rolex Explorer 1 from Chronext..on that note does anyone have a chronext code? please...

Look forward to your replies...

The awful thing is that they make you feel as if its your bloody fault.. this so called 30 day try it on at home scheme is a bloody disgrace if all they do is keep rechurning watches..

What are they supposed to do? Lose money every time someone returns it?

What I would do is very carefully check every watch that was returned and if it didn't meet the criteria for new and unworn I would refuse the refund or provide a refund less refurb costs. Not sure of the legality of this though?

Craftsman
    From a sellers point of view I can see your point.. but they have very very large margins on watches and they should inspect them before delivery and upon return.. thats what would constitute as fair.. finger marks and trying it on are easily cleaned.. nicks and scuffs are also easily seen with a loupe or with the trained eye.. sending a watch out with a plastic wrap around the dial only.. no other protection and not even on the watch pillow.. and the screws for the links also had marks on them.. so from a consumer point of view.. when you buy new you expect new..

I have decided to look elsewhere and possibly further up the tree of watches..I would appreciate your thoughts on the Grand Seiko Spring Drive Diver 200 SBGA 029 which im lookin at...or a 2016 Rolex Explorer 1 from Chronext..on that note does anyone have a chronext code? please...

Look forward to your replies...
    I own the Titanium version and its my favourite watch. At 44mm it a chunk but the lugs curve nicely so it sits well on the wrist. Quality and legibility are spuerb and of course the Sprng Drive movement is a big plus. There are some old threads on here if you do a search.

Craftsman
    Thanks.. cant seem to find a titanium version anywhere but looking at the new one I think I prefer the older model with Seiko up top.. dont know why but it just looks less pretentious especially on thus watch type.. anyone want to sell me a SBGA031 pm me

Only a couple on Chrono24 which is odd. I have the SBG031 and prefer the old branding but find my preference changes depending on the model

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/in...ccessoryTypes=

Craftsman
    Yes i agree.. on the snowflake i prefer the new branding

Craftsman
    Update..
    Confirmed watch received.. email from returns manager asking what was wring with it.. I told him and he replied he couldnt see it to be honest but could have happened during delivery..
    Emailed back asking to confirm either a brand new replacement within five days or a refund if not possible.... no reply... sent again this afternoon... no reply!!!
    Going well!!!!!!

May I suggest calling the returns manager, email is too easy to dodge. Was he really suggesting that the wear marks happened during delivery?

A reference to this thread may also be useful. Best of luck.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    What are they supposed to do? Lose money every time someone returns it?

What I would do is very carefully check every watch that was returned and if it didn't meet the criteria for new and unworn I would refuse the refund or provide a refund less refurb costs. Not sure of the legality of this though?
    Christopher Ward have a nearly new stock where they sell a lot of their ex display stuff Jura seem to include a lot of their ex display stock in their sales too. From what I recall with CW their returns state the watch has to be returned with stickers still on unworn. In another words its to see the watch at home and decide if you like it not wear on a night out or for a few days then send it back. Presumably Jura have the same policy.

Craftsman
    Im hoping they do the right thing tomorrow.. they havent refused they just havent agreed!!
    Jura sent this watch out with no stickers, no bracelet protection and no dial or case back stickers . All it had was the tag (dirty!’) and the usual lets wrap it with thick plastic just around the face.. so not original .. clearly been out previously and worn for at least two nights in PONTINS PRESTATYN ANNUAL DISCO!!!

Apprentice
    Have been tempted by an Oris that's on Jura.

Bit worrying if this is the level of service/customer care.

Im hoping they do the right thing tomorrow.. they havent refused they just havent agreed!!
    Jura sent this watch out with no stickers, no bracelet protection and no dial or case back stickers . All it had was the tag (dirty!’) and the usual lets wrap it with thick plastic just around the face.. so not original .. clearly been out previously and worn for at least two nights in PONTINS PRESTATYN ANNUAL DISCO!!!

thats a real punch in the stomach, hope they will refund you or replace the watch without any issues.

Craftsman
    My Email

Original message
    dylanglyn wrote:

Good Morning.

I sent this watch back because of scratches etc and Ahley has confirmed
    receipt...I also requested that you either refund me or provide me wih a
    brand new replacement within 5 days..that was yesterday.
    It is not looking that it will be possible because I have not had a
    response yet to two emails sent yesterday.
    Could you please just process the refund as this is now not realistic to
    get a replacement .
    Please confirm that you ave refunded my card with the deposit and cancelled
    the finance agreement with Hitachi..

Thanks