closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 16613 gold through clasp and lug holes

Craftsman

16613 gold through clasp and lug holes

Just been looking at a Rolex 16613 which I was surprised to see had both gold through clasp and lug holes. Was this ever correct?
    The bracelet seemed a little loose so I thought that maybe somebody had had it removed from a newer watch, in favour of a new one obviously, and fitted to this older watch.

Master
    Aha! The power of good record-keeping.

I believe that the 93253 bracelet to which you refer was first fitted to 16613s in the late "Axxxxxx" series of watches.

Solid lugs (denoted by the suffix "T" between the lugs i.e. "16613 T") did not appear on the 16613s until the high "Yxxxxxx" series.

This creates a surprisingly large period where the solid end link 93253 bracelet was fitted to the open lug cases, from late A cases through P, K and most of the Y series.

The date codes on clasps can be confusing, as they do not correspond with the prefixes on the main cases. The earliest clasp code I have on record for a 93253 is "X12" which suggests manufacture in December 1999.

What geek?

Haywood

Craftsman
    Thank you Milton.

The price was attractive but the bracelet I feel, was past it’s best. I don’t want my first Rolex experience to be tainted so I think I’ll pass this one.