closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OmegaPO 2500

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

OmegaPO 2500

I'm playing with the idea of buying a planet ocean 2500, but i remember reading something about the movement being upgraded on the later models, can anyone further enlighten me.

2500c to 2500d for the last couple of years of production.

But I’ve had two C’s and no problems whatsoever.

You can decipher the D’s by the serif numbers on the date wheel.

Plenty of stuff on line about the differences.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Older models have the 2500C movement, later models the 2500D. IIRC you can tell by the date wheel serifs on the 1 digit. I have a 2500C and have never had an issue, I think the D addressed some of the reliability issues suffered by a small percentage of C models.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Older models have the 2500C movement, later models the 2500D. IIRC you can tell by the date wheel serifs on the 1 digit. I have a 2500C and have never had an issue, I think the D addressed some of the reliability issues suffered by a small percentage of C models.
    So there is no real reason to prefer the C over the D apart from it maybe a bit newer than the C.
    Any idea what the issue's with C were phil, I know there were a lot of problems with the 3313 movement but was not aware of the issue's with the 2500.
    Last edited by the big fella; 5th September 2018 at 22:38.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    So there is no real reason to prefer the C over the D apart from it maybe a bit newer than the C.
    Any idea what the issue's with C were phil, I know there were a lot of problems with the 3313 movement but was not aware of the issue's with the 2500.
    TBH I’m not sure. I’ve had no issues with mine,
    Last edited by phil h; 5th September 2018 at 23:12. Reason: Initial post was incorrect

Master
    The problem was the watch randomly stopping if I recall correctly but I can’t remember the exact issue. I had a 2500c for a good while and never had an issue with mine either.

Journeyman
    2500c is fine but make sure u get one had been serviced by Omega. 2500D ones are more collectible in my opinion cos there are a lot less of them in the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    I believe the d variant came in on serial numbers begininning 8525 onwards. Like others though, I have owned both and have had no trouble at all. It’s also worth checking to ensure the red seal is still evident on the caseback/case seal. This is evidence that nobody has had the back off since it left the factory. Even better, a bluey green seal is evidence that it’s had an Omega service.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I believe the d variant came in on serial numbers begininning 8525 onwards. Like others though, I have owned both and have had no trouble at all. It’s also worth checking to ensure the red seal is still evident on the caseback/case seal. This is evidence that nobody has had the back off since it left the factory. Even better, a bluey green seal is evidence that it’s had an Omega service.
    Have had a 2500C for more than 8 years now as well and no issue. They are very reliable.

The seal is not used anymore by Omega and mine fell off by itself. So it doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned two 'C's' and no issues. Solid pieces. Try to get a good example with a recent service or factor in a service if you decide to pick one up. My current was sent for a full service at Omega by the seller due to it running quickly and couldn't be regulated. I simply love wearing it.

Blog Entries
    Own a 2500c and it’s been an excellent time keeper. PO 2500 is a brilliant watch imho and might even start to rise in price.

Ian

Grand Master
    The 2500D has a redesigned co- axial escapement which features in the later cal 8500 movements. It’s a better design; I’m not a fan of the co- axial escapement but it’s logical to expect the newer versions to be better, the developements were implemented for a reason.

Having said that, I’ve owned a 2500C and it’s not caused problems.

The previous statement about ‘ random’ stopping is totally incorrect, watches don’t stop on a ‘random’ basis, it isn’t a matter of probability, it’s due to mechanical causes and in this case it’s either wear or failing lubrication..........not exactly random behaviour!

Good service history means a lot when buying these watches, be prepared to pay a premium for a watch with evidence of recent Omega service .