closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Bamford Monaco

  1. #1
    Master Neilw3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,948

    Bamford Monaco

    While I know there is not much love here for Tag Heuer, just spotted this Bamford collaboration with Tag carbon Monaco. I like the colour scheme just not the carbon case.

    https://www.tagheuer.com/en-gb/node/...MONACO_BAMFORD

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    436
    I rather like the look of that, the price not so much.

  3. #3
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die Fuchsröhre
    Posts
    14,481
    Those sub dial numbers are stupid. I don't mind the rest of it.
    "A man of little significance"

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    171
    I think it looks fantastic.. but it's really over priced

  5. #5
    Well some people like the watch for sure - its made the 'pre-selected' cut in the GPHG category for Chronograph. I doubt it wins as I think the competition is pretty decent but nice exposure for them. Pre-selected watches are here - http://gphg.org/horlogerie/en/gphg-2...8_CHRONOGRAPHE

  6. #6
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    25,159
    Hmmm, the same company that mucks up Rolex models has achieved a similar mess with a Monaco,,

    Fool and his money they say.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  7. #7
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die Fuchsröhre
    Posts
    14,481
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Well some people like the watch for sure - its made the 'pre-selected' cut in the GPHG category for Chronograph. I doubt it wins as I think the competition is pretty decent but nice exposure for them. Pre-selected watches are here - http://gphg.org/horlogerie/en/gphg-2...8_CHRONOGRAPHE
    I would place it second behind that fantastic Zenith.
    "A man of little significance"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I would place it second behind that fantastic Zenith.
    I'd place it behind the Zenith, Singer and the Czapek personally. No Agenhor watch (in)famously won an award last year which caused much controversy. I expect that to win.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Those sub dial numbers are stupid. I don't mind the rest of it.
    Totally agree. Those sub dials are standing out for all of the wrong reasons. The case, I really like that.

  10. #10
    Master Neilw3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,948
    In the Chronograph range, the Czapek is the winner followed by the Monaco, but at a third of the price the Monaco is very close indeed.
    The others are so busy as to be unreadable or just way to busy with the exception being the Girard Perregaux with its mish mash of Genta accents, or the Montblanc which is just too field like for me especially in green.
    The Zenith is a typical skeleton watch, unusable as a time telling instrument, and the Singer is confusing with the pushers from something else, I like the colour scheme but it’s another unusable watch.
    All in my opinion of course, now I’m going to have a look at the other categories.

  11. #11
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,213
    Not sure about that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    I`d rather have a J.C. Bamford.

  13. #13
    Master Neilw3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,948
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I`d rather have a J.C. Bamford.
    I do like quite a lot of the Bamford range, just damn pricey for a watch that’s will retain no value.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    In the Chronograph range, the Czapek is the winner followed by the Monaco, but at a third of the price the Monaco is very close indeed.
    The others are so busy as to be unreadable or just way to busy with the exception being the Girard Perregaux with its mish mash of Genta accents, or the Montblanc which is just too field like for me especially in green.
    The Zenith is a typical skeleton watch, unusable as a time telling instrument, and the Singer is confusing with the pushers from something else, I like the colour scheme but it’s another unusable watch.
    All in my opinion of course, now I’m going to have a look at the other categories.
    It's worth pointing out that the price doesn't come into consideration for the award. And with these awards its interesting to see how much design plays in the award (no one knows....). I'm not sure if the Heuer is too 'simplistic'?

    On a side note, the Agenhor in the Singer is an exceptional mechanical achievement (IMO) - though agree the styling is a bit confused. Worth reading about the movement here - https://quillandpad.com/2017/02/20/e...e-chronograph/

  15. #15
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    38,913
    An improvement IMO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I do like quite a lot of the Bamford range, just damn pricey for a watch that’s will retain no value.
    Eh?



  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I think it looks fantastic.. but it's really over priced
    Shame it's always the price that kills it

  18. #18
    I think the Monaco in general is overpriced especially considering the pedestrian movement but it is such an iconic watch that I'd love to own one day.

    I do quite like the carbon case and (for my sins) the new Aquaracers with the carbon-style dials/bezels.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Not sure about that.
    I am.

    I really don't like it.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions. Bell & Ross BR03-92 Nightlum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information