closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bamford Monaco

Bamford Monaco

While I know there is not much love here for Tag Heuer, just spotted this Bamford collaboration with Tag carbon Monaco. I like the colour scheme just not the carbon case.

https://www.tagheuer.com/en-gb/node/...MONACO_BAMFORD

Craftsman
    I rather like the look of that, the price not so much.

Those sub dial numbers are stupid. I don't mind the rest of it.
    "A man of little significance"

Journeyman
    I think it looks fantastic.. but it's really over priced

Well some people like the watch for sure - its made the 'pre-selected' cut in the GPHG category for Chronograph. I doubt it wins as I think the competition is pretty decent but nice exposure for them. Pre-selected watches are here - http://gphg.org/horlogerie/en/gphg-2...8_CHRONOGRAPHE

Hmmm, the same company that mucks up Rolex models has achieved a similar mess with a Monaco,,

Fool and his money they say.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Well some people like the watch for sure - its made the 'pre-selected' cut in the GPHG category for Chronograph. I doubt it wins as I think the competition is pretty decent but nice exposure for them. Pre-selected watches are here - http://gphg.org/horlogerie/en/gphg-2...8_CHRONOGRAPHE
    I would place it second behind that fantastic Zenith.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I would place it second behind that fantastic Zenith.
    I'd place it behind the Zenith, Singer and the Czapek personally. No Agenhor watch (in)famously won an award last year which caused much controversy. I expect that to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Those sub dial numbers are stupid. I don't mind the rest of it.
    Totally agree. Those sub dials are standing out for all of the wrong reasons. The case, I really like that.

In the Chronograph range, the Czapek is the winner followed by the Monaco, but at a third of the price the Monaco is very close indeed.
    The others are so busy as to be unreadable or just way to busy with the exception being the Girard Perregaux with its mish mash of Genta accents, or the Montblanc which is just too field like for me especially in green.
    The Zenith is a typical skeleton watch, unusable as a time telling instrument, and the Singer is confusing with the pushers from something else, I like the colour scheme but it’s another unusable watch.
    All in my opinion of course, now I’m going to have a look at the other categories.

Not sure about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`d rather have a J.C. Bamford.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I`d rather have a J.C. Bamford.
    I do like quite a lot of the Bamford range, just damn pricey for a watch that’s will retain no value.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    In the Chronograph range, the Czapek is the winner followed by the Monaco, but at a third of the price the Monaco is very close indeed.
    The others are so busy as to be unreadable or just way to busy with the exception being the Girard Perregaux with its mish mash of Genta accents, or the Montblanc which is just too field like for me especially in green.
    The Zenith is a typical skeleton watch, unusable as a time telling instrument, and the Singer is confusing with the pushers from something else, I like the colour scheme but it’s another unusable watch.
    All in my opinion of course, now I’m going to have a look at the other categories.
    It's worth pointing out that the price doesn't come into consideration for the award. And with these awards its interesting to see how much design plays in the award (no one knows....). I'm not sure if the Heuer is too 'simplistic'?

On a side note, the Agenhor in the Singer is an exceptional mechanical achievement (IMO) - though agree the styling is a bit confused. Worth reading about the movement here - https://quillandpad.com/2017/02/20/e...e-chronograph/

An improvement IMO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I do like quite a lot of the Bamford range, just damn pricey for a watch that’s will retain no value.
    Eh?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I think it looks fantastic.. but it's really over priced
    Shame it's always the price that kills it

I think the Monaco in general is overpriced especially considering the pedestrian movement but it is such an iconic watch that I'd love to own one day.

I do quite like the carbon case and (for my sins) the new Aquaracers with the carbon-style dials/bezels.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Not sure about that.
    I am.

I really don't like it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57