closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tools for basic modding

Tools for basic modding

I'm thinking of attempting some modding. I think that actually tinkering with a couple of watches rather than just buying and enjoying ownership is the next step for me.

I'm probably looking at a FFF mod and a perhaps tweaking a Seiko 007 and taking it from there.

However, after a few days researching the tools I need I haven't really moved forward much. Can I ask you all for some suggestions for specific tools or even a one-stop toolkit for the type of modding I'm talking about. I'd like to keep the overall tool spend below £100. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    I'm thinking of attempting some modding. I think that actually tinkering with a couple of watches rather than just buying and enjoying ownership is the next step for me.

I'm probably looking at a FFF mod and a perhaps tweaking a Seiko 007 and taking it from there.

However, after a few days researching the tools I need I haven't really moved forward much. Can I ask you all for some suggestions for specific tools or even a one-stop toolkit for the type of modding I'm talking about. I'd like to keep the overall tool spend below £100. Thanks all.
    Get yourself on Amazon and find a watch tool kit, typically their in a black canvass zip up pouch and you can get a full kit for under £20. I have had Breitlings Oris and Omegas open with mine. They look cheap and nasty, but they are good enough for starting out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Yep, what Matelot said. Like any job requiring tools, you'll soon find the ones you use the most and those will be the first to replace with something of a better quality that will be more "enjoyable" to use. A parts storage dish of some kind would also be a useful addition. The Cousins website is worth a look, if only for an idea of the staggering range of tools available.

Sent from my G8441 using TZ-UK mobile app