closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McManus Watches - they're back!

Hybrid View

McManus Watches - they're back!

He's back! Wannabe watchmaker and pimp, John McManus, has a new line of fantastic timepieces over at his website http://mcmanuswatches.com/

For those that don't remember John, he's the guy behind the infamous McManus Amphibia - an all Irish watch made in Russia notable for it's superiority to the vast majority of Swiss watches due to a higher number of jewels. More details can be found here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...er-of-the-week . It now seems that the poor saps who did back his kickstarter campaign have been royally screwed out of their money: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-irel/comments

Anyway, let's not let a minor scamming get in the way of the new timepieces - the imaginatively named M 6105-8110, M 2824-2 and M 2836-2 GMT

First up, let's take a look at the M 2824-2 - a 200m diver with an automatic movement (I forget which one). Said by McManus to be "a homage to the Rolex Submariner 6538" this watch is a "Tudor Black Bay quality level piece, but at a Steinhart Ocean One price" and will set you back a mere £450. Assuming you ever receive it anyway. Check out the "design elements from the Rolex Submariner 5517 Milsub; minute bezel markings, and sword hands"! Manufactured in Switzerland. Not China. Definitely NOT China.

Next up is the M 2836-2 GMT - a homage to the legendary Squale GMT. John "wanted to produce a better value piece than the Black Bay GMT which retails at 3740 Euro. So our M 2836-2 GMT is 600 Euro.". Yes - only 600 Euros. I for one can certainly see these bad boys being flipped on Sales Corner for serious profits. Move over forum BLNR meltdowns - here's comes the M 2836 GMT!

Finally there's a Seiko 6105-8110 knock off but I'm already bored and the Belgian Grand Prix starts soon. Vietnam, Martin Sheen etc. Read it for yourself:

If you have recently had a full or partial lobotomy and are seriously considering buying a McManus watch please note: "watches that are taken into shower, bathtub, hot tub or any other not natural base are excluded from return or refund. They can be returned for repair but shipping fee and repair costs will be charged.". Seriously - have a good look at the website. It's bloody hilarious.

I wonder what ETA and Seiko might have to say about his model naming conventions. That is, if the pillock had two pennies to rub together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    It now seems that the poor saps who did back his kickstarter campaign have been royally screwed out of their money: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-irel/comments
    I think I'm more shocked that anyone actually backed it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I think I'm more shocked that anyone actually backed it!
    I’m not surprised. Look at all the other rubbish on these kick starter sites. Stuff like key rings, sunglasses and umbrellas!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Sad to see he didn’t use the logo. There’s just no helping some people.

Last edited by gcleminson; 28th August 2018 at 16:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Sad to see he didn’t use the logo I created for him. There’s just no helping some people.

Utter villain. Am sure based on the TZ powers he can be hunted down. I’ve not got the skills to do that, but my contact ends in October and certainly will have a few hours a day to waste his time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This guy is a total piece of shit.

On a local sales website in Ireland he thinks it's funny to make full price offers for watches and then to quote him....

"PM me your address. I will send my friends down to collect it from your home. Regards"

Master
    Blog Entries
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/v...c-dive-watch#/

Looks like he is still at it......

I apologise on behalf of Ireland over this bloody shyster.

A GMT with a Pepsi insert and Milsub hands - an interesting combination.

Craftsman
    How has he not been done for fraud - are the Gardaí involved?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    How has he not been done for fraud - are the Gardaí involved?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    They need to be, I guess kickstarter and indiegogo have terms that mean they can waive liability?

Craftsman
    He sold an Omega Seamaster Pro on eBay earlier in the year and didn't bother shipping the watch. Took the seller weeks to get his money back through PayPal. I don't think he ever intended to ship the watch and was just using it as a means to raise cash temporarily. Kinda like a PayPal loan.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxed View Post
    He sold an Omega Seamaster Pro on eBay earlier in the year and didn't bother shipping the watch. Took the seller weeks to get his money back through PayPal. I don't think he ever intended to ship the watch and was just using it as a means to raise cash temporarily. Kinda like a PayPal loan.
    Jesus Christ! Well let’s do our best to let people know - strange really as enthusiasts should be his main market!

Master
    Facebook page for his watches must surely open up some prime trolling opportunities?

Craftsman
    open the floodgates!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Facebook page for his watches must surely open up some prime trolling opportunities?
    I've made a start. Does anyone know his eBay username?

Master
    Assuming you must the the GMT question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Assuming you must the the GMT question?
    ;)

Craftsman
    He closed it down after stiffing the guy for the Planet Ocean https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/carrick-on-shannon

Master
    Is it wrong to simply post the link to kickstart, I know he will simply delete it; can it remain under the ‘visitors comments’ or are those controlled by him also?

Not really up to speed with FB tbh

Love his comment on sh*tter brand for Invicta, the cheek of him.

Well, that was short-lived. My comments have already been deleted plus I'm unable to post or like any more on his page . I think it might have been my "I've always liked Good Morning Time watches" remark which gave the game away.

edit: I reckon he's seen this thread - it's on the first page when you google "mcmanus watches". Hi John you scamming tw*t!
    Last edited by Lampoc; 28th August 2018 at 18:28.

Master
    Guessing my mc mANUS reference to Kickstarter and Vostok will last equally as long. Oh well!

Apprentice
    Last edited by Isobel; 7th October 2019 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Isobel View Post
    Crikey, how many youtube channels does McAnus have now? I love how he seems so concerned about a watch company that scams people - no mention of his own scumbag outfit though!

I've seen other videos with this guy, thought the voice sounded familiar and those "tut"s between sentences confirmed it.

Master
    And gone already, what a tool.

Indeed, he truly puts the “anus” in “McManus watches”.

I assume that the more mentions McManus Watches have in the context of his being a scamming, er, anus, the better, from Google’s perspective.

McManus watches.

So is he making my Amphibia or what? What a tool

The story that keeps on giving.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    So is he making my Amphibia or what? What a tool
    Has anyone ever received any watch from Mcm****, or know of anyone who has?

Master
    He posted one of those hooky SAS issued Subs on Facebook the other day. The post disappeared before I could comment though he was being called out on it...

Master
    "Mcmanus watches" on Facebook...

Master
    It appears my post is still there but evidently did it on an older post& I couldn’t find it before. Amazed it’s still there.

Journeyman
    This guy is really a piece of work... Look at this post he made about bark&jack

Last edited by Fezz; 30th August 2018 at 21:08.

Wow! Not a nice chap.
    Bark and Jack is just a harmless and high quality channel, not sure why he'd react like that to it? Unless it's highlighted the scammery of McManus? Not that that would justify that onslaught, but I could at least see why he'd chosen to attack like that.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Wow! Not a nice chap.
    Bark and Jack is just a harmless and high quality channel, not sure why he'd react like that to it? Unless it's highlighted the scammery of McManus? Not that that would justify that onslaught, but I could at least see why he'd chosen to attack like that.
    Yeah Adrian seems like a really cool guy and I quite enjoy his videos. I'm not aware of him saying anything about McManus, but that would be a good explanation for this post

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Oh so that's the post that caused all the fuss!

Apprentice
    Incredible growth in sub subscriber numbers without any real increase in views or comments, in the last week subs added only in even tens which is odd. You got to buy the more expensive subs John then look more organic.

Last edited by Isobel; 13th October 2019 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post

What an ironic post from a man that fits a new dial and bezel onto a vostok and calls it his own.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    What an ironic post from a man that fits a new dial and bezel onto a vostok and calls it his own.
    I had to really hold back to not get involved in a keyboard war in the comments with him

I'd get that Facebook screengrab deleted ASAP, and the quoting of it, this being a public area of the forum.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Yes I have a watch collection, but this avatar is not for that purpose.

The livestream was a roaring success. There was the two presenters and 16 Trolls. The livestream is up for all to see, the comments were deleted but thankfully the internet has a long memory see attached. For anyone interested in this topic it was hilarious.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Apprentice
    Just google Narcissistic personality disorder, I think a more perfect description of McmAnus is impossible. Problem is he makes a lot of enemies along the way, the watch community is full of alpha males, a lot of whom have long memories.. John is smart enough in some ways, but not half as smart as he thinks he is. Failure is always from some external source and this absolves him from responsibility.

From the internet : Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
    Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
    Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
    Exaggerate achievements and talents
    Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
    Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
    Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
    Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
    Take advantage of others to get what they want
    Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
    Be envious of others and believe others envy them
    Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
    Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
    At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
    Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
    React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
    Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
    Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
    Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
    Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Here is a few posts he has made about being a social welfare scrounger. (retired at 40 my arse) from an ex pats forum. Got banned from this forum too. Sean MacMaghnuis is the Gaelic for John McManus

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu.../#post10553657

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu...ere-he-792782/
    Last edited by Isobel; 5th October 2019 at 14:44.

Blog Entries
    Failure is always from some external source and this absolves him from responsibility.
    Very true for this type of personality.

Here is a few posts he has made about being a social welfare scrounger. (retired at 40 my arse) from an ex pats forum. Got banned from this forum too.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu.../#post10553657

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu...ere-he-792782/
    These are very informative. Thank you!

Master
    Someone on here is a legend, with what I am assuming is a new profile. Brilliant.

Apprentice
    Live stream planned for tomorrow. Should be very enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5xSnrj0Ts
    Last edited by Isobel; 19th October 2019 at 09:50.

Live stream planned for tomorrow. Should be very enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5xSnrj0Ts

I'm sure it will be. By the way, what do you have in your watch collection? I was just wondering, what with this being a forum of watch owners.
    F.T.F.A.