closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McManus Watches - they're back!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Has anyone ever received any watch from Mcm****, or know of anyone who has?
    Maybe no-one would admit it, even if they had.

Did a search. Can't find any reviews or any pre-loved examples for sale. They must be very very very rare. Exclusive maybe? Or just elusive?

Iv'e got it! McM**** must be restricting production to cause an artificial demand to push up prices. Ha! Ha! Ha!
    Last edited by Tiny; 31st August 2018 at 20:07.

Craftsman
    Im just grabbing my popcorn

Master
    What? Nobody got one to review?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    What? Nobody got one to review?
    Several bought by the looks of it. No one received anything as of yet.....lost in the post......like the ones on route to the YouTube reviewers.

Master
    I’ve got one of the original mcm-anus watches but he is keeping my warranty card for 24 months to stop me flipping for a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I guess it's just a matter of time before the first McM**** fakes start turning up on ebay.

*UPDATE!!!!111eleven!!!!*

Apparently the original "not a Vostok" McManus Amphibia fell through because John had a business partner who let him down. Not at all because he's a scammer...

Anyway, the somewhat deluded folk at microbrandwatchworld.com have seen fit to review a prototype of his latest *cough* "Swiss made" watch - the McManus M2824 Automatic Dive Watch. Reviewer "Bert Kanne is a freelance contributor to MBWW with a love for well made dive watches and chronographs.". Obviously that love doesn't extend to doing any research at all: https://microbrandwatchworld.com/rev...219f-202512553

Good to see the comments section is already filling up with happy would-be punters!

Master
    Dear god, again?!

The date position is awful, at least he’s dropped the anus from the dial!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol

John on January 16, 2019 at 9:48 am

Looks awful with the poorly laid out dial & lack of aesthetics
    Still putting the Anus in McmAnus

Hahaha! How much of an idiot wankpuffin do you have to be to send messages like that from your watch company's official twitter account?

Master
    Love the guy’s reasoning behind it being the same guy in the pimp story... “same name, same country”.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say John McManus is possibly quite a common name in Ireland.

I did compare the pimp pic and his YouTube pic and it does look like the same chap (sans tash) but just found the reasoning quite amusing.

Why would he keep trying to make a success out of his name on watches when the internet know he’s a wrong’un! It’s like he’s got some twisted fascination with being known either good or bad. Spamming people like crazy promoting his name/watches and his YouTube pic beaming “look at me”.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s got some serious mental issues.

There's now a John McManus channel chock-a-block full of exciting reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2K...xwW08XA/videos (especially Rolex)

Apprentice
    So....he posted this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9yFY2pU54

Photo is lifted from Rolex forum user sickened1

Original photo from his collection in 2015 https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=405938

I PM'ed Chap as I recognized the photo, has never heard of McAnus yet alone asked for a review.

The Walter Mitty stuff continues.
    Last edited by Isobel; 20th July 2019 at 19:30.

I wonder how many of these are real...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2K...xwW08XA/videos

He is pushing out utube vids at a ridiculous rate, and some are already beginning to take him seriously... HE MUST UP TO SOMETHING.

He is one dodgy mofo. If you try to warn anyone about his ropey past in the comments section he deletes it in short order and you get permabanned from commenting. I know...

He had a 1000 Euro giveaway a few months back because he told everyone he had 1000 subscribers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_BMpahFp6I At the time his actual subscriber numbers were hidden so we all had to take his word.
    Seems like he actually has around 300 now. I guess nobody won that 1000 Euros. Surprise!
    Last edited by Lampoc; 24th August 2019 at 13:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Isobel View Post
    So....he posted this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9yFY2pU54

Photo is lifted from Rolex forum user sickened1

Original photo from his collection in 2015 https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=405938

I PM'ed Chap as I recognized the photo, has never heard of McAnus yet alone asked for a review.

The Walter Mitty stuff continues.
    Is that real? He took it from someone else's photos of their watches?

Apprentice
    Last edited by Isobel; 7th October 2019 at 10:47.

Crikey, how many youtube channels does McAnus have now? I love how he seems so concerned about a watch company that scams people - no mention of his own scumbag outfit though!

I've seen other videos with this guy, thought the voice sounded familiar and those "tut"s between sentences confirmed it.

Master
    Astonishing he feels it's OK to say the guy is special needs or retarded.

Who is the guy frozen on the screen with the half-asleep face? Is that McAnus?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    He is pushing out utube vids at a ridiculous rate, and some are already beginning to take him seriously... HE MUST UP TO SOMETHING.
    He's not clever enough to be up to anything to nefarious. He simply wants to make some influencer money.

He's fairly open about it in the comments of the vid about guy wozinak.

One person comments that the video is in poor taste and McManus replies "thanks for the comment, it counts as an interaction which drives the Google algorithm for my channel.... You have served your purpose"

Just a total tool.

From what I can see he doesn't handle a single watch in any video, at least the few I glanced at. Reviewing expensive watches based on pictures and plagiarized genuine reviews online.

He's full of half brained schemes. On adverts.ie (a buy/sell type site) he comments on every watch saying something along thr lines of "nice watch, bit overpriced, want to buy any of mine I have for sale". Not sure how he thinks that will win him any sales.

Best not gice him any time what so ever, don't increase his view counts, don't comment on his videos. Just report them for theft of images or for abusive language (calling someone a retard).
    Last edited by Wilson_smyth; 5th September 2019 at 23:31.

Apprentice
    Very strange subscriber numbers. 60 subs added in a few minutes on Monday and 22 Today, all within a few minutes of eachother. I think the maybe the king of honest youtube channels is buying a few subs.

Clipboard015456.jpg

Apprentice
    Yeah...he has reached 1000 subs the threshold of monitisation. Amazingly rapid growth in sub count....I wonder will it now taper off.....I am certain subscribers have been bought.

Master
    The same McManus who published a picture of himself wearing a milsub......only for me to recognise my watch, my arm, my cuff?

It didn't end well.

Craftsman
    The nerve for it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    He had a few recent videos where he showed his analytic data. These videos are now removed I think?

The only reason I could see to remove them would be to try and disguise the recent growth? I don’t know a lot about youtube analytics.

I wonder has his daily views or views per video exploded with the extra 700 subs he has in the last month or so? Doesn’t look like it with the recent videos all having the same 100-400 views.

Here’s betting he never posts analytics again. He did think he was going to get 10 quid per 1000 views.....lolled suspect he might get 10 cents for that drivel.

Apprentice
    He took down the video where he was going to give his 1000th sub 1000 euros...showed a stack of money and all. https://imgur.com/Wvj1kmb

I know for a fact he subs have been bought. Look on social blade at his channel stats, views are down, but subs have doubled. None of these subs are commenting on this video, only the same few mental cases endlessly talking about shilling.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/chan...wW08XA/monthly

Still, a circa 7 minute video about a Stienhart mug is just so entertaining...Oscar nominations on the way.
    Last edited by Isobel; 5th October 2019 at 09:38.

Master
    Blog Entries
    He took down the video where he was going to give his 1000th sub 1000 euros...showed a stack of money and all.
    That’s classy.

I find it funny the way he goes on about “shills” yet is basically begging Steinhart to let him shill for them. The way he goes on about other channels shilling I’m pretty much every video is so so boring. Like you say. Same people commenting on every video. Ironically they are probably his own accounts! His old MO is to have a zillion different accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    The same McManus who published a picture of himself wearing a milsub......only for me to recognise my watch, my arm, my cuff?

It didn't end well.

You have to wonder why he even does this, what’s he hoping to achieve?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You have to wonder why he even does this, what’s he hoping to achieve?
    It seems to me that McManus is motivated and not really stupid. People like him have a kind of cunning. But he seems to put his efforts into dodgy projects and ideas that end up being indistinguishable from scams (if they didn't intentionally start out that way). People like this seem to have a certain personality type and it is one that makes obvious mistakes: Not just in choosing to pursue a dodgy project in the first place but also in the details. They like attention, even if it is the kind of attention that will damage their project. They do things that, despite their innate intelligence and cunning, are short sighted, foolish and unwise and draw negative attention and damage their project. It's almost as if they want to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    It seems to me that McManus is motivated and not really stupid. People like him have a kind of cunning. But he seems to put his efforts into dodgy projects and ideas that end up being indistinguishable from scams (if they didn't intentionally start out that way). People like this seem to have a certain personality type and it is one that makes obvious mistakes: Not just in choosing to pursue a dodgy project in the first place but also in the details. They like attention, even if it is the kind of attention that will damage their project. They do things that, despite their innate intelligence and cunning, are short sighted, foolish and unwise and draw negative attention and damage their project. It's almost as if they want to fail.
    Sounds very similar to that chap from Derby on the other thread.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Well put. He has a certain arrogance. How dare people question me type.

The arrogance of putting his name to his channel demonstrates this (he removed it eventually). A dog with a mallet up his **#% would have known that he was going to be trolled to hell given his previous reputation.

Apprentice
    Just google Narcissistic personality disorder, I think a more perfect description of McmAnus is impossible. Problem is he makes a lot of enemies along the way, the watch community is full of alpha males, a lot of whom have long memories.. John is smart enough in some ways, but not half as smart as he thinks he is. Failure is always from some external source and this absolves him from responsibility.

From the internet : Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
    Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
    Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
    Exaggerate achievements and talents
    Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
    Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
    Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
    Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
    Take advantage of others to get what they want
    Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
    Be envious of others and believe others envy them
    Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
    Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
    At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
    Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
    React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
    Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
    Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
    Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
    Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Here is a few posts he has made about being a social welfare scrounger. (retired at 40 my arse) from an ex pats forum. Got banned from this forum too. Sean MacMaghnuis is the Gaelic for John McManus

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu.../#post10553657

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu...ere-he-792782/
    Last edited by Isobel; 5th October 2019 at 14:44.

Blog Entries
    Failure is always from some external source and this absolves him from responsibility.
    Very true for this type of personality.

Here is a few posts he has made about being a social welfare scrounger. (retired at 40 my arse) from an ex pats forum. Got banned from this forum too.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu.../#post10553657

https://britishexpats.com/forum/repu...ere-he-792782/
    These are very informative. Thank you!

Apprentice
    Incredible growth in sub subscriber numbers without any real increase in views or comments, in the last week subs added only in even tens which is odd. You got to buy the more expensive subs John then look more organic.

Last edited by Isobel; 13th October 2019 at 20:21.

Apprentice
    Live stream planned for tomorrow. Should be very enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5xSnrj0Ts
    Last edited by Isobel; 19th October 2019 at 09:50.

Live stream planned for tomorrow. Should be very enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5xSnrj0Ts

I'm sure it will be. By the way, what do you have in your watch collection? I was just wondering, what with this being a forum of watch owners.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Yes I have a watch collection, but this avatar is not for that purpose.

The livestream was a roaring success. There was the two presenters and 16 Trolls. The livestream is up for all to see, the comments were deleted but thankfully the internet has a long memory see attached. For anyone interested in this topic it was hilarious.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Apprentice
    Looks like he really pissed off this Bob Douglas chap.

Apprentice

I can totally imagine McAnus applying furiously for all sorts of reality TV. So desperate for that fame his sense of entitlement believes he is due. Certainly points to a personality disorder.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Who are you Isobel? What's your interest in McManus?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Who are you Isobel? What's your interest in McManus?
    An interesting question, isn't it?

Evens: Long-standing TZ-UK member who naively backed one of the Vostok mods when they were first being crowd-funded, and is too embarrassed now to publicly fess up.

7:2 A still-childless mother wanting her £17 back.

5:1 'Castaway on Inishfree' applicant who regrets reaching the casting couch phase of interviews.

8:1 Disgruntled former 'employee' from the alleged house of ill repute.

10:1 Ex-partner.

25:1 Writer for Horological Journal researching their 'Article of the month' piece.

150:1 McManus himself.