closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ryder Cup 2018

Banned

Ryder Cup 2018

I have received my tickets today, anyone else going?

Master
    Yes I’m going for two days. Had an email yesterday saying my tickets are being sent out so hopefully next week.

Tried to book the transport (€40 for a few days I think) but it’s all sold out so will have to book trains separately.

Craftsman
    Wish I could go. Probably my favourite sporting event. Should be a proper battle this year

Craftsman
    My brother sent me his view on the 1st tee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve avoided the results all day, radio off, no texts etc... just stepped out of the shower after work and the wife gives me the whole low down!

At least I have tomorrow and Sunday to look forward to ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highlights on BBC 2 at 20.30. Looks like it will be a good tussle. Not sure why France is playing host given the lack of French Golfers, but the course looks great.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Watching now but thanks to my earlier update... no real surprises. You gotta love it though

Europe started off with real grit and foundations are now there to go on and win it (again). Good luck boys

Master
    The atmosphere yesterday afternoon at the course was incredible. We managed to get around and saw all the players in good positions. Also by complete fluke we saw the last put of the day. Afterwards all the Europeans stayed and partied for a few hours. One of the best, if not best, sporting events I’ve ever been at.

What a great day for Golf, but especially for the Europeans.

Hats off to the Americans for putting up a great contest, but I am pleased for Garcia topping Faldo's record and for Molinari for winning all his matches.

Most excellent.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Ole ole ole ole

Rookies played very well and the likes of Poulter showed he’s still got it.

That was a good watch, well played and a deserved win

Craftsman
    What a great weekend of golf, really enjoyed that.

Cracking crowds and the course was set up perfectly for the European team. The US may have the best players in the world but what great team spirit we had.

I like the new Viking chant they do - the atmosphere seems to get better every hosting - where is it next in Europe in 4 yrs?

Blog Entries
    Golf IMO ruins a good walk but SWMBO loves it and has had a great WE giving it to the TV large and rivalling me when watching footy so i must add my congratulations to Europe and whilst i know nothing about the scoring the result was great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I like the new Viking chant they do - the atmosphere seems to get better every hosting - where is it next in Europe in 4 yrs?
    Italy - near Rome I think. I’ll be going again for definite.

Great result for Europe. Tiger and big Phil were hopeless and should mean that the only time we will see them draped in the red white and blue again is if they die in battle.

Very interesting to see the points returned by the captains picks on each side:

US: Finau (2), Woods (0), Mickleson (0), DeChambeau (0) - Total: 2

Europe: Stenson (3), Garcia (3), Poulter (2), Casey (1.5) - Total : 9.5

More than half the European total came from the skippers picks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Very interesting to see the points returned by the captains picks on each side:

US: Finau (2), Woods (0), Mickleson (0), DeChambeau (0) - Total: 2

Europe: Stenson (3), Garcia (3), Poulter (2), Casey (1.5) - Total : 9.5

More than half the European total came from the skippers picks!
    Woods has always been pretty poor in Ryder cups so his choice as a captains pick was strange to me especially given the course. Similarly Mickelson.

Great event, loved watching and listening to it on the radio. The Americans seemed uninspired to me, never seen Jordan Spieth crushed like that, DJ was also very average. Team spirit was amazing among the Europeans, Poulter is just possessed when it comes to the Ryder Cup.

Woods has always been pretty poor in Ryder cups so his choice as a captains pick was strange to me especially given the course. Similarly Mickelson.
    Mickelson more so. Furyk has been out to course prior to tournament and would have seen how tight and demanding it is. What on earth Furyk must have been thinking putting him out in foursomes is beyond me.
    I’d always thought Woods would be a pick for fourballs as his iron play has been stellar this year but Reed was dreadful.

Grand Master
    Some of the US just looked tired and i think there was a bit of background noise going on with the likes of Patrick Reed causing a few issues. I see Woods is taking a bit of a bashing, but thought he was alright in the main, in the foursomes/balls he was let down by Reed more often than not, and in singles, he came up against Rahm who seemed to be on a mission, and i think Woods did freeze a couple of times as well, due to pressure that he's not used too.

Thing is the Europeans that DIDN’T make the team were devastated not to be involved, and were vocal about it too. The USA ones that didn’t make it weren’t really bothered when I watch a programmer in the lead up to it. Don’t think the hunger was really there tbh.

Master
    If he hadn't picked Woods and they had lost there would have been uproar about not picking the in form player etc.
    Individual honours will always mean more to Woods than any Ryder cup.
    Mickelson shouldn't have been there and was a man down.
    Interestingly Spieth has lost his last 6 single matches in Ryder and Presidents cups.
    He was a net contributor overall though which was rare in the American team.