closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest nylon strap - first impressions

Threaded View

Craftsman

Everest nylon strap - first impressions

I bought the Everest strap from SC to try on a couple of my watches. I looked up the models it would fit on the Blowers website and, luckily for me, it fits all 3 models that are in the household - Sub, 16600 Sea-dweller and Explorer.

The first thing that struck me was obviously the cost - these are £180 new. Crazy money for a nylon strap in anyone's book. I convinced myself it was value for money somehow, bit the bullet and decided to pm Ben and give it a try.

Package arrived this morning and I opened it up to see what faced me. It comes in a nice green envelope which contains some marketing blurb, business card type affairs for warranty and a plastic sleeve. The straps are inside individual compartments of the plastic sleeve.

The straps come with spring bars already fitted. They have a nice texture on the outside and a rubber inner for wrist comfort. I don't know for sure but the outer looks like stamped rubber to me, rather than nylon, its difficult to tell really, although it feels like nylon!

I taped up the lugs, prepared for battle and went for it. They popped into place easy as pie! I had read many a tale of people struggling with the rubber ones so I was very pleased with myself.

On wrist I think it suits the Sub perfectly, the lugs don't shout at you like I expected them to. They exit the lugs and angle down nicely from the case to give a nice secure fit to my wrist. They feel quite stiff at the moment though, but I am hopeful that a few days of wear will soften them up a bit.

Overall I am very pleased, I just hope the wife never finds out how much they are...

Last edited by electorn; 26th August 2018 at 18:23. Reason: Added pic