closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest nylon strap - first impressions

Craftsman

Everest nylon strap - first impressions

I bought the Everest strap from SC to try on a couple of my watches. I looked up the models it would fit on the Blowers website and, luckily for me, it fits all 3 models that are in the household - Sub, 16600 Sea-dweller and Explorer.

The first thing that struck me was obviously the cost - these are £180 new. Crazy money for a nylon strap in anyone's book. I convinced myself it was value for money somehow, bit the bullet and decided to pm Ben and give it a try.

Package arrived this morning and I opened it up to see what faced me. It comes in a nice green envelope which contains some marketing blurb, business card type affairs for warranty and a plastic sleeve. The straps are inside individual compartments of the plastic sleeve.

The straps come with spring bars already fitted. They have a nice texture on the outside and a rubber inner for wrist comfort. I don't know for sure but the outer looks like stamped rubber to me, rather than nylon, its difficult to tell really, although it feels like nylon!

I taped up the lugs, prepared for battle and went for it. They popped into place easy as pie! I had read many a tale of people struggling with the rubber ones so I was very pleased with myself.

On wrist I think it suits the Sub perfectly, the lugs don't shout at you like I expected them to. They exit the lugs and angle down nicely from the case to give a nice secure fit to my wrist. They feel quite stiff at the moment though, but I am hopeful that a few days of wear will soften them up a bit.

Overall I am very pleased, I just hope the wife never finds out how much they are...

Last edited by electorn; 26th August 2018 at 18:23. Reason: Added pic

Craftsman
    After 24 hours of wear, feels nice and comfortable and the strap is molding to the shape of my wrist, might have to save for another couple of these.

Craftsman

Cool Well done!

It does appear to look like excellent fitment and “style”.

Craftsman
    No complaints at all about the fit and finish. The only gripe really is the huge price but I suppose in the grand scheme of Rolex its small change.

Master
    Looks fantastic. Toyed between leather, nylon and rubber and went with the rubber in the end.

Nice to see some real life shots on the nylon. Agree, a big investment for what it is. But I don't regret mine for a moment. Really are worth the money and as you say the fit is perfect. Thanks for your review.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be nice to see a picture of it on the Explorer! That would be interesting!

That does look good. Be interested to hear how hard wearing it is, after you have had it a couple of months.

Master
    Looks really nice. The price does seem high but when you think about what we spend on watches it’s not a lot really.

Thanks for the review!

Everest nylon strap - first impressions

Looks great and love the texture of the rubber/nylon. Can’t see this model currently for sale on either Everest or Blowers website. Can I ask the OP where you got it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Billyloves2boogie; 27th August 2018 at 19:31.

Craftsman
    Suits it really well, looks almost tapered in thickness from the lugs

Looks decent, shame they don't fit the SD4000

Craftsman
    I was able to get it from SC. It was on Blowers website, thats where I got the fitment details from.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    Looks great and love the texture of the rubber/nylon. Can’t see this model currently for sale on either Everest or Blowers website. Can I ask the OP where you got it from?

Craftsman
    Once it has broken in properly I will stick it on the explorer and pop up a few photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Looks fantastic. Toyed between leather, nylon and rubber and went with the rubber in the end.

Nice to see some real life shots on the nylon. Agree, a big investment for what it is. But I don't regret mine for a moment. Really are worth the money and as you say the fit is perfect. Thanks for your review.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be nice to see a picture of it on the Explorer! That would be interesting!

Email I just got from Blowers.
    Hopefully they can resolve the fitting issues & re-release these as it’s by far the nicest strap alternative for a sub I’ve seen.

Master
    Fitting issue recall, that sounds worrying, hopefully does not mean the watch head will come loose!

Craftsman
    Not sure what that is all about, this one seems fine to me. I will keep an eye on the outcome though.
    Last edited by electorn; 29th August 2018 at 20:18.

Apprentice
    Strap looks different but really nice. I normally prefer submariners on steel but looks Great on that and rubber straps as well

Craftsman
    Update about the strap. The straps were withdrawn due to people having difficulty fitting them, initially they thought it was the older references but later it was reported the ceramic models were affected. Apparently the incorrect tooling was used to manufacture them.

The fact that mine fits is good enough for me so it will stay put. Crisis averted (I hope).

Interesting as I’ve just been looking at these on the Tempo&Time Instagram page and the grey/black “nylon” really caught my eye. However I might leave it until the fitting issue is sorted.

Incidentally I watched a YouTube clip featuring the Everest CEO discussing the nylon strap (yeah I’m sad...) and he described it as “nylon style” so I’d guess it’s actually rubber.