closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do you like my artwork?

Do you like my artwork?

You're all gentlemen of good taste... well, most of you are ... so I wondered what you thought of my artwork.

The concept is taoism - the notion of going with the flow, accepting the imperfect and impermanent. I have been doing computer-based design for decades and you get pixel perfect control; with paint on the other hand, you don't, and I'm trying to relinquish the control further by not using fine paint brushes. Instead, I use palette knives, cardboard, bottles and even a short sword to apply the paint for interesting fractal-like effects.

What do you think?

Oh yeah, I like blue. I have a lot of blue paint!

Want to see more? Visit: https://www.instagram.com/darrenwimble/?hl=en
    Last edited by shadowninja; 24th August 2018 at 10:04.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like the paintings - dreamily relaxing to look at.

ATB

Jon

Master
    Very soothing and dreamy. Yes from me.

Thanks for the comments. I will post some more when I get the chance. :)

you can get the same effect using clingfilm (you dont need to use swords , bottles or someones old false leg - its just a gimmick ) , try looking at arcylic flow painting if you want better fractal effects , if you like working with a palette knife take a look at leonid afremov's work .
    have fun with your painting.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    you can get the same effect using clingfilm (you dont need to use swords , bottles or someones old false leg - its just a gimmick ) , try looking at arcylic flow painting if you want better fractal effects , if you like working with a palette knife take a look at leonid afremov's work .
    have fun with your painting.
    They're not gimmicks. I use the surfaces depending on how much of a surface area I want to use!

Yeah, have tried paint pouring but I prefer dipping. :)

Afremov's stuff is nice - I have played around with that but I keep getting drawn back to dipping!

To add - as mentioned, it's about control or relinquishing it, hence the use of such gimmicks. One problem with the acrylic pouring using Floetrol is that it is very runny so you don't get the depth/texture/impasto that I love. It's a funny thing - I love the fractal stuff but I also want the impasto at the same time.

Do you paint too?
    Last edited by shadowninja; 26th August 2018 at 15:43.