closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Ultraman

Speculators corner sometime soon.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    3 on eBay already
    And one of them for £10k

I think it's a great looking watch, much nicer than the Speedy Tuesday. The orange highlights really pop.

I like everything about it except the Ultraman lume subdial which looked like a misshapen blob until I worked out what it was supposed to be. It may have looked better as a symmetrical silhouette, but it’s really not necessary and spoils it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I like everything about it except the Ultraman lume subdial which looked like a misshapen blob until I worked out what it was supposed to be. It may have looked better as a symmetrical silhouette, but it’s really not necessary and spoils it for me.
    Conversely, that’s could be why so many people are gravitating towards it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    It’s not very obvious until you look closely.

Mine arrived in the morning but I was too busy (couldn’t even go to pick it up myself) to take a proper look at it, let alone take pictures, until about an hour ago.

Journeyman
    I like it

I might give in and just pick one of the ebay ones up if im not too careful

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
    I like it

I might give in and just pick one of the ebay ones up if im not too careful
    +1!

Craftsman

Fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Really annoyed I missed out on one of these. There utterly pointless nature carries such charm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finding this Speedy Tuesday new release a little difficult to understand the excitement or fuss surrounding it, for what is basically the addition of an orange Chrono hand and its homage to an obscure Japan TV character.

The original Tuesday deserved the praise with its distinctive panda look and touches of Omega past references but with this new release, just buy the nato, put it on the standard Moonwatch and there you go.

Once again we are seeing another weak Omega LE being hyped up for the obvious early release speculator/flippers to grab the profit if any whilst these are still fresh or until the next LE edition comes along to become the next cash cow for speculators.

We seem to currently in a watch market we’re every buyer thinks they are missing out if they do not grab the next LE or latest release and will not be able to cash in for a nice profit or safe queen for an investment.

If their is one market ready to fall in the future, the majority of Omega LE speedy models would not surprise me in taking a bath.

Apprentice
    I wouldn’t own many Speedmaster LE but this would be one of them. I think it looks amazing, will probably wait another 12 months for the hype to die down first though.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blond View Post
    I wouldn’t own many Speedmaster LE but this would be one of them. I think it looks amazing, will probably wait another 12 months for the hype to die down first though.

this and the tintin (if we are considering that an LE.....I think we are)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Finding this Speedy Tuesday new release a little difficult to understand the excitement or fuss surrounding it, for what is basically the addition of an orange Chrono hand and its homage to an obscure Japan TV character.

The original Tuesday deserved the praise with its distinctive panda look and touches of Omega past references but with this new release, just buy the nato, put it on the standard Moonwatch and there you go.

Once again we are seeing another weak Omega LE being hyped up for the obvious early release speculator/flippers to grab the profit if any whilst these are still fresh or until the next LE edition comes along to become the next cash cow for speculators.

We seem to currently in a watch market we’re every buyer thinks they are missing out if they do not grab the next LE or latest release and will not be able to cash in for a nice profit or safe queen for an investment.

If their is one market ready to fall in the future, the majority of Omega LE speedy models would not surprise me in taking a bath.

You can say the same about anything ......

A gmt is just a sub with an extra hand etc

I genuinely think the Ultraman is great. I’d wear it on a bracelet but I think it gives the speedie a great prescence with the orange

Craftsman
    I love the accents and splash of colour.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post

Mine arrived in the morning but I was too busy (couldn’t even go to pick it up myself) to take a proper look at it, let alone take pictures, until about an hour ago.

I'm not usually a fan of chronograph watches but this is a nice piece. Lovely splash of colour, the second hand is awesome.

Craftsman
    One on the right is far better looking!

Master
    On my wrist, it wears too big on the NATO (just like ST1). I might switch to the other supplied strap.

It is a very nice looking watch (IMHO) and the orange is a welcome addition to my collection. FWIW, I prefer ST1 over the Ultraman, mainly due to the reverse panda dial. If I could keep only one, it would be the original ST but both staying for now. My 60th Anniversary Speedy will be appearing soon on the SC though.

Craftsman

60th

On my wrist, it wears too big on the NATO (just like ST1). I might switch to the other supplied strap.

It is a very nice looking watch (IMHO) and the orange is a welcome addition to my collection. FWIW, I prefer ST1 over the Ultraman, mainly due to the reverse panda dial. If I could keep only one, it would be the original ST but both staying for now. My 60th Anniversary Speedy will be appearing soon on the SC though.

The anniversary 60th was hyped as a sure fire ££profit investment by many but the reality is that these are now found on every sales corner or secondary market store/website at RRP or below and still no takers.

Not sure if it is because it lacks the Moon connection or because it is just a copy of an original.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blond View Post
    If it follows the trend of the first SpeedyTuesday it'd be better to buy sooner rather than later. 12 months ago a SpeedyTuesday could be bought for £5k and under, now they're harder to find and seem to be well above £5k.

Master
    The anniversary 60th was hyped as a sure fire ££profit investment by many but the reality is that these are now found on every sales corner or secondary market store/website at RRP or below and still no takers.

Not sure if it is because it lacks the Moon connection or because it is just a copy of an original.
    Whatever. I find it a lovely looking watch in a great size. I just can’t have 3 Speedies with the same movement. Was waiting for it for a few months but declined a CK2998 Pulsometer a day before getting the Ultraman, for the same reason. 60th Ann LE is the one I have worn the most so thinking of letting it go now. Ultraman is the newest and I have grown very fond of my “MK1” ST after putting it in the Snoopy strap, so keeping those two.

Master
    I like the Ultraman with the splash of colour and i think it would look great on a Snoopy strap.

One of the £6.5k listings on e-bay sold.

Only a matter of time before the first one appears on Watchfinder for an over-inflated amount....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Only a matter of time before the first one appears on Watchfinder for an over-inflated amount....

yes, much like the oystersteel pepsi's at a shade under 18k, or the ceramic white face Daytona at about the same.

Master
    Whatever. I find it a lovely looking watch in a great size. I just can’t have 3 Speedies with the same movement. Was waiting for it for a few months but declined a CK2998 Pulsometer a day before getting the Ultraman, for the same reason. 60th Ann LE is the one I have worn the most so thinking of letting it go now. Ultraman is the newest and I have grown very fond of my “MK1” ST after putting it in the Snoopy strap, so keeping those two.
    3 is a tad greedy - he says with green envy!

I like the look of this watch a lot. I would have one to wear and enjoy owning but chances of that are slim to none.

Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    I like the look of this watch a lot. I would have one to wear and enjoy owning but chances of that are slim to none.

Maybe.
    There’s one on Chrono24 if you’ve got a spare £10k knocking around? 🙄🙄

Master
    There’s one on Chrono24 if you’ve got a spare £10k knocking around? 
    Anyone interested in it has several years to save up ... it’s not going anywhere anytime soon at that price but what do I know

Master
    Anyone interested in it has several years to save up ... it’s not going anywhere anytime soon at that price but what do I know
    And the same was said about the Silver Snoopy a couple of years ago

Master

Omega Ultraman

I have to say, having been through various stages of excited/unsure and then received mine... it’s a rather underwhelming watch for nearly £5k. It’s a straight-up Speedy (a £2k watch, IMHO) with no bracelet and an orange seconds hand. To “view” the face on the subdial you have to push the UV pen so close to it you can’t even see it anyway. The only thing that’s really nice is the matte bezel - it’s a lovely touch - and the presentation box, which is amazing. The watch itself? Nice, but underwhelming in the flesh. £3k maybe, but I cannot believe that people are paying what they are for this.

While the ST1 was a hit, I think this is a miss.

Last edited by ddm27; 23rd August 2018 at 22:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Fair point. Like I said, what do I know?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    I have to say, having been through various stages of excited/unsure and then received mine... it’s a rather underwhelming watch for nearly £5k. It’s a straight-up Speedy (a £2k watch, IMHO) with no bracelet and an orange seconds hand. To “view” the face on the subdial you have to push the UV pen so close to it you can’t even see it anyway. The only thing that’s really nice is the matte bezel - it’s a lovely touch - and the presentation box, which is amazing. The watch itself? Nice, but underwhelming in the flesh. £3k maybe, but I cannot believe that people are paying what they are for this.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...eedy-Tuesday-2

Craftsman

Silver

The Silver Snoopy is a stand alone stunning watch within the Speedmaster range past or present and has a direct link to NASA and the historic Snoopy awards. This Ultraman has none of the above, a standard speedy with a couple of orange touches put on a Nato and sold at a premium. How many other LE speedmaster have reached a Silver snoopy level, not many spring to mind, the secondary market is awash with LE speedmaster all marked up by there sellers and they remain unsold.

Buy the watch not the gimmicks and this Ultraman is all gimmick.
    Last edited by Flasher; 23rd August 2018 at 22:47. Reason: Details

The Silver Snoopy is a stand alone stunning watch within the Speedmaster range past or present and has a direct link to NASA and the historic Snoopy awards. This Ultraman has none of the above, a standard speedy with a couple of orange touches put on a Nato and sold at a premium. How many other LE speedmaster have reached a Silver snoopy level, not many spring to mind, the secondary market is awash with LE speedmaster all marked up by there sellers and they remain unsold.

Buy the watch not the gimmicks and this Ultraman is all gimmick.
    Lots of people were being less than complimentary about the Snoopy when it was released. It’s now the same with the Ultraman. They’re both contrived to some extent but collectors will still find both desirable enough to ratchet prices up.

There’s one on Chrono24 if you’ve got a spare £10k knocking around? 
    Thanks for the heads up, but I will not purchasing that one anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but I will not purchasing that one anytime soon.
    Don’t blame you! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post

You can't believe what people are paying for this... yet you paid £5k for it, knowing "It’s a straight-up Speedy (a £2k watch, IMHO) with no bracelet and an orange seconds hand"?

The launch images were pretty extensive, what were you expecting?

Because people get carried away by the hype. When the thing actually appears there is no magic fairy dust in the package, just a very dull and boring watch. I bought a ST and didn't even bother opening the coffin. I had it posted and when it arrived I moved it from one parcel to another and sent it to Darren at VS within 45 mins of receiving it.

I didn't bother with this one. Maybe next year Omega will celebrate 50 years since Scooby-do hit the screens...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Maybe next year Omega will celebrate 50 years since Scooby-do hit the screens...
    #Speedy Tuesday Shaggy....? Where do I sign....?

Master
    Fair point. Like I said, what do I know?
    What do any of us really know? A £2k Speedy sold out in less than a few hours because it’s a limited edition with a few nods to the past.....marketing at its finest perhaps

I think Ultraman agrees

Master
    Because people get carried away by the hype. When the thing actually appears there is no magic fairy dust in the package, just a very dull and boring watch. I bought a ST and didn't even bother opening the coffin. I had it posted and when it arrived I moved it from one parcel to another and sent it to Darren at VS within 45 mins of receiving it.

I didn't bother with this one. Maybe next year Omega will celebrate 50 years since Scooby-do hit the screens...
    Bet you’re fun at parties.

Lots of people were being less than complimentary about the Snoopy when it was released. It’s now the same with the Ultraman. They’re both contrived to some extent but collectors will still find both desirable enough to ratchet prices up.
    In fact, I remember when the Snoopy sold for peanuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Bet you’re fun at parties.
    Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    In fact, I remember when the Snoopy sold for peanuts...
    He’s here all week folks

Master
    Blog Entries

Would you like a cuddle?

Isn't any popular new watch ultimately hype? It's not like there has been a revolution in their manufacture or any kind of step change.

It's all hype / fashion, regardless of the brand. Michael Kors... popular as their fashionable. New Rolex GMT... popular due to hype.

There are many many people out there, including here, who go for it regardless...

No brakes on the hype train...

Last edited by Skyfire; 24th August 2018 at 11:58.

Master

Can you not take the double layer out (assuming that’s why it’s too big?) just run one layer under the Watch and loop the other end through the keeper under your wrist. Or is it some fandango NATO?

From the pic you quoted it does look high, I actually thought the Watch was a lot bigger than normal.

He’s here all week folks
    😀

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Can you not take the double layer out (assuming that’s why it’s too big?) just run one layer under the Watch and loop the other end through the keeper under your wrist. Or is it some fandango NATO?

From the pic you quoted it does look high, I actually thought the Watch was a lot bigger than normal.
    Seems like a normal NATO but quite thick, like the one that came with ST1. 60th Anniversary Speedy came with a thinner NATO and the watch is smaller too so looks great on that NATO. When I get home tonight I will look at other ways of wearing it. I only tried the "standard" method and left it alone until I swap the strap.