timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Star Trails

Star Trails

I had a go at a star trail last week whilst in France. Although Iím pleased with it as a first effort, can anyone tell me how I could have made the house light up in the foreground?

For the record I was using a Go Pro using the settings from this thread, as I didnít have my DSLR or bridge camera with me. So Iím not sure if I could have done anything anyway?

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Camer...ro-4/td-p/7269

Now Iím home Iím at give it another go with DSLR and Tripod, I guess the same problem may occur?

I suppose Iím looking more at getting this type of image

Any help would be gratefully received!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how to get the effect but Iím currently in the Dordogne and Iíve been loving showing the kids Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and Venus. Itís a sight we never get to see in London and they look amazing, especially Mars at the moment - itís a big fiery red ball in the sky, while itís still light. And Venus is an amazing glowing LED bulb.

We use the Planets app on iPhone to name everything. Well worth £2.50 or whatever it was.

Sorry, I did say I couldnít help, but just buzzing off the solar system.

Think the effect you're after could be achieved with a double exposure, if possible with your camera.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe light painting?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I have no idea how to get the effect but Iím currently in the Dordogne and Iíve been loving showing the kids Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and Venus. Itís a sight we never get to see in London and they look amazing, especially Mars at the moment - itís a big fiery red ball in the sky, while itís still light. And Venus is an amazing glowing LED bulb.

We use the Planets app on iPhone to name everything. Well worth £2.50 or whatever it was.

Sorry, I did say I couldnít help, but just buzzing off the solar system.
    We were in La Rochelle and thatís exactly what we were doing. We were also lying on a blanket in the garden watching for shooting stars. Amazing experience

Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    We were in La Rochelle and thatís exactly what we were doing. We were also lying on a blanket in the garden watching for shooting stars. Amazing experience
    We did the shooting stars as well, and satellites, but iím now totally covered in bites. Thereís a different class of mozzie out here