closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet Ocean Bracelet.

Master

Planet Ocean Bracelet.

Might have been discussed before but I find the bracelet almost unusable due the fact it doesn't have micro adjustment clasp. Putting the half link in makes it too loose and out its almost too tight.
    I have the rubber with deployant clasp and a blue Isofrane too but would still like to have a bracelet option.
    Which got me thinking about a previous PO I had with the mesh and seat belt buckle/clasp.
    So does anyone know the best place to get this bracelet and clasp? I can't remember how I acquired the last one.

Many thanks folks.

Save yourself some money. Buy the new adjustable clasp and use it to upgrade your bracelet. It’s a common mod P.O. owners do. PJSayer told me about it and I’m sure there’s a thread with part numbers on here.

Master
    Thanks for that buddy.
    I did actually enquire about it in lunns in Belfast but they never got back to me

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Save yourself some money. Buy the new adjustable clasp and use it to upgrade your bracelet. It’s a common mod P.O. owners do. PJSayer told me about it and I’m sure there’s a thread with part numbers on here.
    ^^^^^

That's the best solution.

If you don't want to go down that route then add two half links and take a full one out. Two half links are slightly longer than one full.

Master
    Done that with the last PO too which worked a treat but doesn't help me when it get a bit warm or cool. My wrists swell and shrink a ridiculous amount depending on the weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    ^^^^^

That's the best solution.

If you don't want to go down that route then add two half links and take a full one out. Two half links are slightly longer than one full.

Someone can maybe tell - but is this the part? Can someone confirm?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202016100468

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Someone can maybe tell - but is this the part? Can someone confirm?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202016100468
    I think it's 117STZ001154

I've read somewhere that apparently there are three different sizes of the clasps, so there maybe two other codes as well?

Master
    I think this is why Lunns never got back to me. It's just not a simple swap. Unless I'm wrong.

Master
    Do the 3 sizes not just refer to whether the clasp is to suit a 20mm, 22mm or 24mm bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Do the 3 sizes not just refer to whether the clasp is to suit a 20mm, 22mm or 24mm bracelet?
    Apparently not. The size difference is the length, not the width.

One of the other codes is 17STZ004666. I'm trying to fing the third.

Edit - The third is 17STZ001159. All 20mm

Edit edit - This is from another forum - 1154 and 1159 are identical, except that the 1159 adds the divesuit extension to the slider. The 4666 is a 3-stop, 5mm adjustable clasp, but also is the same width. All three clasps have the same tongue, which is identical across all Seamaster dive watches (thus only new saddle links are needed to mate the clasp to older pin-and-collar bracelets)
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 20th August 2018 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Apparently not. The size difference is the length, not the width.
    Twss

Journeyman
    I bought the 1154 clasp from the Omega Boutique on Regent St and the cost was only £76, so the ones on eBay usually have a large markup on them. I guess you’re paying a premium for convenience.

Master
    Joe was that just a straight forward swap or was there end link or anything else that needed to he bought?
    Must give the boutique a call and see if it's possible to have the clasp posted to me.

Craftsman
    This is a good write up and should help I hope.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/ho...r-3835594.html

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    Joe was that just a straight forward swap or was there end link or anything else that needed to he bought?
    Must give the boutique a call and see if it's possible to have the clasp posted to me.
    Sorry I should have specified, I don't own a Planet Ocean, I fitted the clasp to my Speedmaster. I also had to buy the end links to fit the clasp to the Speedmaster bracelet. So I can't give advice about fitting that clasp to your Planet Ocean, sorry. However when I made the order, the chap hesitated because he told me that the end links I was requesting were intended for a Planet Ocean, not a Speedster. So I suspect you might be fine, but I'm guessing.

Master
    Thanks for that guys. I might just ring the boutique and see what they can do. I probably should have added that mines titanium too so will inevitably be more expensive.

This is a very timely post for me as I'm looking at the same issue with my newly acquired PO 2500. It had a half link in which I removed because it was a tad loose. Now its a bit tight so I was thinking to remove one whole link and add two half links like others had done.

I need to get a half link so if anyone has one they don't need I would gladly buy from them.

I like the standard bracelet and would like to keep it as standard if possible.

If that doesn't work I will be looking at a new clasp.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    That pretty much worked for me with my my old 2500. I just like having the option of being able to have the perfect fit with the adjustable clasp. My wrist swells and shrinks during the course of the day and that's were the half links option falls short.
    Quote Originally Posted by degsey View Post
    This is a very timely post for me as I'm looking at the same issue with my newly acquired PO 2500. It had a half link in which I removed because it was a tad loose. Now its a bit tight so I was thinking to remove one whole link and add two half links like others had done.

I need to get a half link so if anyone has one they don't need I would gladly buy from them.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by degsey View Post

I don't believe the newer micro-adjustable clasps will fit the 2500 bracelet because that uses the older pin and collar to join the links together. I think the newer clasps only fit to the newer bracelets which use screws to join the links. But I may be wrong...

You may be correct. I have been looking at info on the clasp conversion from various forums and its a bit confusing.
    That is why for the moment I'm on the lookout for a half link so I can see if this option works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.d View Post
    I don't believe the newer micro-adjustable clasps will fit the 2500 bracelet because that uses the older pin and collar to join the links together. I think the newer clasps only fit to the newer bracelets which use screws to join the links. But I may be wrong...

I'm also in the same boat with my 2201.50. I have a half link fitted which for 2 thirds of the year gives me sufficient comfort, but over the course of this summer it became too tight to wear so I ended up fitting a rubber nato to the watch which has been extremely comfortable.

I'm currently exploring the option of whether or not to fit a Staib mesh to the watch which has micro adjustment as it will give the watch a totally different look and make for a nice switch up to the Sub ND. There was a special mesh bracelet which was available for the PO2500, it came fitted with the PLOPROF adjustable clasp but it would probably cost as much as the watch itself these days.

The following thread may be of use, it shows tasteful modifactions that someone has made to the PO 2500 including the bracelet clasp upgrade and I know one of the guys here, MFB, has a PO2500 and has done something very similar which I've been tempted to do in the past :

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.co...45401&start=25

Craftsman
    I fitted the smaller 3 position clasp on my newly purchased SMPc. Here a link to it on another site. https://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/inde...ed-it-already/

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I fitted the smaller 3 position clasp on my newly purchased SMPc. Here a link to it on another site. https://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/inde...ed-it-already/
    I think the 4666 would be my choice also.

I know I could ring up and ask, but before I do, does anyone know if I rang Goldsmiths, would they be able to order in? Also, can you order in multiples as I would want up to five, one being titanium?