closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Decorating/painting question

Master

Decorating/painting question

Has anybody used this product to stop old emulsion peeling off the walls/ceiling.
    I'm not on about newly painted surfaces, but old surfaces that have paint peeling off, I've scraped all the stuff off that can be removed with a scraper, I just need to seal the rest of the surface in order to give it a fresh coat of paint with it all coming off on the roller as I paint.
    https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/zinsse...oogle_shopping

Never used it, but we had some professional decorators in a while ago and they treated a papered wall that was growing black marks on it with a Zinsser product - it might have been the same one you've linked to - and it cured what had been a problem for a number of years. They rated Zinsser very highly.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Zissner products are very good. Scrape all the loose to a firm edge with a blade scrapper,give it a rub down with 80 grit sandpaper. Apply the Zissner. Fill any edges with easi-fill when that’s dry sand down and paint. I have been a decorator for 44 years.

2 coats of SBR neat, allow to fully dry then hit with emultion neat.
    Expect the first coat to take ages to dry, and a little touching up before going over with a final coat.