closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tuna price?

Tuna price?

Hi guys,

I have a 2014 Seiko Tuna SBBN033 with titanium clasp bracelet, excellent condition. I've lost a lot of weight and although the watch still looks ok on my wrist just feels like it weighs a ton, I love the watch but probably haven't worn it in a couple of years. Was thinking about one of the new solar Tuna's, get the look but hopefully less weight?

Anyway, what's a realistic price to ask? Prices seem a bit all over the place.

Thanks in advance,

Pete. ☺

Journeyman
    Hi, guess the biggest question is: would you be happy selling yours for a solar?? Bit of a difference in quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz77 View Post
    Hi, guess the biggest question is: would you be happy selling yours for a solar?? Bit of a difference in quality...

Not 100% sure really, are the solar Tuna's no where near as good? I think I need to see one in person and then decide. I might give my Tuna a try on a rubber strap and see how it goes, I love the watch, but would get more wear from a smaller lighter watch I think.

About £500-£550 for a good one, I would think

Having just gotten hold of a Solar they are not THAT light. It's still a top heavy watch (if that makes sense) on the wrist. I found on a rubber band that was just a little loose that the watch is twisting round my wrist when doing general jobs around the house/workshop.

Maybe try a bracelet for better fit and balance on wrist... the SBBN033 is a lovely watch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Not 100% sure really, are the solar Tuna's no where near as good? I think I need to see one in person and then decide. I might give my Tuna a try on a rubber strap and see how it goes, I love the watch, but would get more wear from a smaller lighter watch I think.
    Not handled one of the new solar tunas, speaking only from experience the marinemaster is a much better watch.
    If you're not 100% I definitely wouldn't be selling. Why not try a good rubber strap first, or just wear yours to the shop and try next to a solar tuna, you can always pick up a new solar and if you love it then sell the marinemaster.... don't do something you will regret later👍

Blog Entries
    Most places (the usual suspects) I looked we’re out of stock
    I picked up this new SBBN035 for around £720 recently ...

It comes with the new silicone rubber strap which is much softer/compliant than old Seiko straps.
    Similar in feel to the popular Isofrane straps - but without the holes.
    As such, you can get a really comfy fit - might be worth sourcing one before giving up on it.

For reference, the SBBN033 was the same price IIRC.

z

I've got a Tuna and a solar Tuna and small wrists, 6.75". The solar wears much lighter and smaller but the Tuna is undoubtedly higher quality in every way. The solar is fantastic value though. I would try your Tuna on a Zulu strap as you can get a more precise secure fit. If it's still too heavy you could certainly try the solar at not much risk given its value but then probably Tunas aren't for you....