closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new dentist has a cool watch

Master

My new dentist has a cool watch

Yes, new dentist and when I settled in the chair the first thing he said was ''that's a Daytona.'...Then I noticed he was wearing a quite old yellow gold 36mm Day Date, which he said he wore all the time, showering, swimming, diving...the lot. Not a 'watch guy' but he adored his Day Date. Apparently got it off an alleged drug dealer in exchange for dental work.
    To top all that off, turned out his hobby is giving dental treatment to wild animals... lions, tigers, bears, and he's shortly off to Bristol to treat a gorilla . Rolex should use him in adverts....
    Maybe missing out the drug dealer bit.
    Last edited by paskinner; 20th August 2018 at 17:25.

Dentist possibly increased his charges as soon as he saw your Daytona! 😜

Craftsman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    Dentist possibly increased his charges as soon as he saw your Daytona! 
    +1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Yes, new dentist and when I settled in the chair the first thing he said was ''that's a Daytona.'...Then I noticed he was wearing a quite old yellow gold 36mm Day Date, which he said he wore all the time, showering, swimming, diving...the lot. Not a 'watch guy' but he adored his Day Date. Apparently got it off an alleged drug dealer in exchange for dental work.
    To top all that off, turned out his hobby is giving dental treatment to wild animals... lions, tigers, bears, and he's shortly off to Bristol to treat a gorilla . Rolex should use him in adverts....
    Maybe missing out the drug dealer bit.
    https://m.rolex.com/science-and-expl...nterprise.html

He may qualify as a Rolex 'explorer'...

I'd go easy on the drug dealer shout. All dentists I've ever met, and there's been a few, are middle class toffs who wouldn't be doing deals with pushers for watches for services rendered let alone talking to other clients about it ?

Walk away from the Nitrous Oxide....

Master
    My dentist does not wear a watch, that I have noticed, but she's FAF.

Master
    The bill was about £190 for removing an old root. Of course, you can always try to do it yourself....

He sounds like an interesting guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    My dentist does not wear a watch, that I have noticed, but she's FAF.
    I didn’t know we shared the same dentist.

My dentist gives me free dental treatments at the moment because I helped him record a single in our studio (something he had wanted to do all his life apparently). He got his whole dental practice singing along as backing vocalists, miming, etc. and they had a right old good party during the session. I contributed to the lighting of this creativity (allegedly) and that was priceless as far as he was concerned!

Craftsman
    Not wise to go to a dentist with a Rolex :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The bill was about £190 for removing an old root. Of course, you can always try to do it yourself....
    How hard can it be?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    How hard can it be?
    Easy when you know how & have the right tools for the job

Quote Originally Posted by kosumi View Post
    Not wise to go to a dentist without a Rolex :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    My dentist gives me free dental treatments at the moment because I helped him record a single in our studio (something he had wanted to do all his life apparently). He got his whole dental practice singing along as backing vocalists, miming, etc. and they had a right old good party during the session. I contributed to the lighting of this creativity (allegedly) and that was priceless as far as he was concerned!
    Predicting the song they recorded could be the basis of a whole new thread. Let me think what song title would be most appropriate...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

My optician wears one of those square-cased, dial-offset VCs. He’s the nicest and most affable man you could ever hope to meet, but and studiously feigns blindness where a Rolex might be concerned.

Master
    I've noticed that Doctors tend to avoid 'flash' watches and go for an understated look, here in the UK anyway.

I've noticed that Doctors tend to avoid 'flash' watches and go for an understated look, here in the UK anyway.
    Only because we make less than dentists and can’t afford the flashy ones!

A few years back I noticed my new dentist was wearing a Speedmaster whilst doing a checkup, he was not a watch person but bought it as he had a great interest in space travel etc.
    He identified I needed some work, so when I went back for the treatment I wore my Speedy to show him.
    We had a good chat about them (before the anaesthetic) and as I had worn mine to show him, he said he would do the fillings in the more expensive composite, but only charge the NHS amalgam price :-)

I am surprised that he wears a watch during any procedure, unless it is covered by a surgical glove.

Think of the material, spittle etc created during the drilling for filling or an extraction.

Dentists wear a mask and gloves for a reason, not just the Dick Turpin impersonation when they hand you the bill :)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'd go easy on the drug dealer shout. All dentists I've ever met, and there's been a few, are middle class toffs who wouldn't be doing deals with pushers for watches for services rendered let alone talking to other clients about it ?

Walk away from the Nitrous Oxide....
    I'm sure most drug dealers have a dentist. I'll let you work the rest out.

Am I the only one who thinks this drug dealer's gold rolex is a fugazi?

Master

My new dentist has a cool watch

It belongs to a dentist....not a drug dealer. And while he's not an enthusiast, he certainly loves his Day Date; he spent over £900 having a full service, and he wears it all the time. Even in the shower. Weirdly, to me, he only resets the time every three months or so. In fact the first thing he said to me was, 'it's not very accurate.' That turned out to mean it drifted by a couple of minutes over the months.
    My next dental appointment is in October; there's a vague chance I may have a DD40 by then. White gold, rhodium dial. Still pondering. So expensive, even with a heavy discount. I had one before, loved it, sold it.
    The money paid to fix this.
    Last edited by paskinner; 22nd August 2018 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I'm sure most drug dealers have a dentist. I'll let you work the rest out.
    I'm sure they do but it sounds moody for your dentist to say he got his watch off one in lieu of payment unless of course it's normal service down your way......

DD is a class watch, still kick myself for not buying a 80's DD on croc leather with a diamond bezel about 18 months ago at an empty auction house, it had no bids and the seller wanted £2k, with fees its was about £2.5k, I could have sold the bezel and the money would have paid for an independent service and a fluted gold bezel... gutted!!

My dentist in Coventry used to wear his Daytona white gold all the time, he asked to look at my Sea Dweller. Said he loved it, he also told me he could get me a Daytona from Goldsmiths Birmingham as he had a contact there. That was back in 2012 before I left Coventry. He was probably the best Dentist I've ever visited.
    I was NHS with him too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app