closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Navitimer bezel function

Navitimer bezel function

I've searched a bit, but couldn't find the answer. What is the function of the numbers on the bezel of my Breitling A30021?

The rotating outer ring says telemetre, that should be distance measuring using light and sound using the chronograph functionality, but how does it work? The inner ring says minutes and a red S, H, and 1/5. No clue here.

Any help would be appreciated, this is driving me potty.

The Breitling slide rule manual is on the net if I remember.

Love the watch by the way, I think Navitimers are the coolest chronographs.

Extensive research suggests something to do with estimating the distance of a cannon based on its report and calculating the waitresses heart-rate while judging the amount of aviation fuel required for John Travolta's barbecue timer.

Umm, it's a good question for that particular bezel.

Apprentice
    Doesn’t matter, I can’t read it

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    The Breitling slide rule manual is on the net if I remember.

Love the watch by the way, I think Navitimers are the coolest chronographs.
    I've downloaded the slide rule manual, but I don't believe my bezel is in there. The scale goes from 1 to 9 on both rings.

Yes, the Navitimer is great. I never really liked Breitlings, most being oversized and too shiny, but the Navitimer is just cool. This one is 38mm and if you swap the bracelet for black leather it's just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdreg View Post
    Doesn’t matter, I can’t read it
    There are 49mm Navitimers, maybe they are easier to read (or not...)

Last edited by Skyfire; 21st August 2018 at 08:09.

That's it, thanks man!

Last edited by Skyfire; 21st August 2018 at 08:27.

It would be great fun to go into a AD and ask the sales assistants to explain how to use the Navitimer bezel, or even a dive watch bezel, see how good their training is.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    It would be great fun to go into a AD and ask the sales assistants to explain how to use the Navitimer bezel, or even a dive watch bezel, see how good their training is.
    I'd imagine it would go like this:

Me: "Hi, I've got a Breitling Navitimer here, could you please explain to me how the sliding ruler thingy works?"
    Sales guy: "James, we've got another Navitimer wiseguy over here, could you please remove him from he Daytona 500 waiting list and then kick him out of the store please?"

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I've searched a bit, but couldn't find the answer. What is the function of the numbers on the bezel of my Breitling A30021?

The rotating outer ring says telemetre, that should be distance measuring using light and sound using the chronograph functionality, but how does it work? The inner ring says minutes and a red S, H, and 1/5. No clue here.

Telemetre aside I’m pretty sure it’s primary function is to look cool. Gorgeous watch. Really do love a Navi.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DazBock View Post
    Telemetre aside I’m pretty sure it’s primary function is to look cool. Gorgeous watch. Really do love a Navi.

You're right. No one in his right mind uses his watch to calculate speed, or gas consumption. But it does have that Topgun vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post

I think Watchfinder done a great video on YouTube not too long ago - early smartwatch or something.

As much as I like the look of the Navitimer, I will never buy one as I just know I would love it a little less each passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    As much as I like the look of the Navitimer, I will never buy one as I just know I would love it a little less each passing day.
    And finally you flip it, and buy something that makes you happy again for a while, and then you flip it, and... No, it never ends.