closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im New

Journeyman

Im New

Hi all

Im Adam, im new, apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Ive lurked for a while, decided to take the plunge and just registered, thought id introduce myself and my collection to get started. Please excuse the poor quality photo, im no camera genius im afraid.

I don't think any of them will need introduction, in many ways its a pretty "obvious" collection.

the El primero was my most recent, came on Saturday.I love it, although I had a feeling I would. Im toying with the idea of a Grand Seiko Spring drive Chrono next.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

Adam

Welcome to the forum,

LTFC

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum,

LTFC

Thank you.

Why the popcorn?

Wow stunning collection you have there. Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
    Why the popcorn?
    Probably a mid morning snack to go with a cup of tea

Welcome
    Nice to see another Marathon on the forum, they are great value watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Welcome
    Nice to see another Marathon on the forum, they are great value watches.
    Thank you,

Yes, ive always been a fan, I nearly went for the pilot chrono when I got it, (do like a chrono) but in the end just went with the standard diver. It looks fine on the leather nato, but I think it would look equally nice on the bracelet.

Hi all

Im Adam, im new, apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Ive lurked for a while, decided to take the plunge and just registered, thought id introduce myself and my collection to get started. Please excuse the poor quality photo, im no camera genius im afraid.

I don't think any of them will need introduction, in many ways its a pretty "obvious" collection.

the El primero was my most recent, came on Saturday.I love it, although I had a feeling I would. Im toying with the idea of a Grand Seiko Spring drive Chrono next.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

Adam

Welcome aboard - nice collection you have there :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Welcome, cracking collection - order of preference..?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Welcome, cracking collection - order of preference..?

Haahahaha

great question.

Its a tough one, the GMT's used to get a lot of wear, especially pepsi, and I went through a period of always wearing the Daytona. I prefer it on the newman bund, mainly because Newman was one of the coolest chaps ever, but the newer ceramics don't look quite as good as the typical "Newman dial"

I have to be honest though, the speedie seems to have had and gets the most wrist time, I genuinely love it, I don't even mind polywatching the hesalite periodically, its no big task. it looks lovely on, you get a lot of compliments, not blingy at all and the dial is so so legible even at distance. its quite possibly in my humble opinion one of the best designed watches ive come across, in terms of everything I just mentioned.

The Zenith has not really been off my wrist since Saturday though, and im not sure that that's just because its the most recent purchase.

Like anything, it really depends on what im doing day to day/evening.

Its just nice to be able to have the choice.

Master
    Welcome! Very nice collection. I'm not sure about the Seamaster on a bund strap though. Enough to make some members sick on here!

Craftsman
    Welcome and lovely collection.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Welcome! Very nice collection. I'm not sure about the Seamaster on a bund strap though. Enough to make some members sick on here!
    Ah well, im sure ive seen some pretty "interesting" combinations here myself to be honest.....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Welcome and lovely collection.
    Thank you.

I also have the same El Primero

Beautiful watch

You have great taste!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    I also have the same El Primero

Beautiful watch

You have great taste!

Thank you, im very pleased with the El Primero, I knew I would be, it took me a while to get round to getting one.

Its nice to hear that ive made some good choices, I always thought so, but also, my choices are based on what I like also, as much as what would be considered the "right " choices.

Never say never of course, but I think im close to a collection that finally wont go through many more changes, Panerais, Breitlings, IWC's and other models of the brands I have, have all fallen by the wayside over the years, but most of these I would class as keepers.

The SPECTRE seamaster, id class as a "fun" watch, although I do wear it. its been the only ever Bond watch that id ever considered getting as it was the closest to an actual watch rather than a tie in merch. And its a lovely nod to the classic style. also, worth it alone for the Omega bond nato.
    Last edited by Adam F; 20th August 2018 at 12:22.

Welcome along. Not many of those airkings on here; nice introduction!

Journeyman
    Welcome! What a lovely collection!

The ceramic Daytona is one of my favourites :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Welcome along. Not many of those airkings on here; nice introduction!
    Thank you.

No, I don't think many people liked them when they were released a couple of years back. personally I think its a great little watch, ive had many interested questions when ive worn it, and I like to tell the story of the bloodhound etc.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Welcome! What a lovely collection!

The ceramic Daytona is one of my favourites :)
    Thank you.

Its a lovely watch and looks even better in the flesh, I never felt photos ever captured its true character, the ceramic bezels go through so many changes in different lights, the Batman also looks great.

Its not the easiest dial to read, the Daytona, but its a very nice looking watch. it looks so much "blingier" on its bracelet, but I always wanted the newman bund.

Craftsman
    Welcome. What a lovely collection. How do you like the ceramic Daytona?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward77 View Post
    Welcome. What a lovely collection. How do you like the ceramic Daytona?

Im a fan, definitely. I do like the ceramic bezels, I like the way they change in different lights etc, and I like that its modernising the watch a little. i wouldn't say i always wanted one, it kind of slowly crept up on me, but in the end i couldn't resist any longer. It still gets a fair amount of wear.

To be honest they all do apart from the AP.

Craftsman
    I have to be honest though, the speedie seems to have had and gets the most wrist time

Its just nice to be able to have the choice.
    It certainly is!

Interesting. I do often wonder with a collection of so many icons, what the reality is.

I've blown hot and cold with my speedy, feel a bit bored of it and think about selling, then change the strap and it looks great again. But since my pepsi turned up 3 months ago, I just haven't worn anything else!

Journeyman
    Welcome fellow Londoner!

Welcome
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Thank you.

Its a lovely watch and looks even better in the flesh, I never felt photos ever captured its true character, the ceramic bezels go through so many changes in different lights, the Batman also looks great.

Its not the easiest dial to read, the Daytona, but its a very nice looking watch. it looks so much "blingier" on its bracelet, but I always wanted the newman bund.
    When the were launched I had the funds available for one, however majority of ADs wouldn't put me on their list. One goldsmith's store told me 10 years! Needless to say I laughed at them and moved on from the idea of a ceramic Daytona pretty quickly

Master
    Welcome to the forum. I find myself more and more drawn towards a zenith, would like to try one son. Great collection btw.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I find myself more and more drawn towards a zenith, would like to try one son. Great collection btw.

Do it, you wont be disappointed i promise you, my el primero is possibly my new favourite, now that's saying something because i truly LOVE my speedmaster

Welcome to the forum .
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Journeyman
    Great collection! The Omega Spectre is favourite of mine.

Welcome, alot of forum favourutes in your collection there, you'll fit in well.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pv406 View Post
    Great collection! The Omega Spectre is favourite of mine.
    yes im pleased with it. like i say, ive never entertained the idea of a bond watch before, although im of course a huge fan (even though the real Bond wore an oyster perpetual) but this one really took my fancy so to speak

Super collection. Welcome aboard.

Red face

Welcome to the forum.

Greetings! One look at your watch box and I can all tell you'll fit in well here. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Greetings! One look at your watch box and I can all tell you'll fit in well here. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

Good, im glad.

I do like where im at with it, but like most of us, theres always another one ive got my eye on.....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    When the were launched I had the funds available for one, however majority of ADs wouldn't put me on their list. One goldsmith's store told me 10 years! Needless to say I laughed at them and moved on from the idea of a ceramic Daytona pretty quickly

that is a shame, but yes, I do feel the waiting list nonsense is really putting people off now and is now a little counter productive rather than adding that "mystique"

especially as there are a number of alternatives or other watches youd like where you wouldn't have to jump through ridiculous hoops or pay grey dealer inflated prices, for instance, my Zenith, I wanted one, found a great place to get one, bought one, and was wearing it inside 12 hours later........and its a beautiful, very well put together watch, with no need for a stupid waiting list

If im honest, over time ive kind of cooled off over Rolex, for many reasons, this being one of them. still beautiful watches, but .......
    Last edited by Adam F; 20th August 2018 at 18:53.

Craftsman
    Welcome. Very nice SOTC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Great collection.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Adam, nice collection you have

Cheers
    Mark

Apprentice
    Lovely collection.

Welcome to the forum,nice collection,not sure about the Daytona strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Welcome to the forum,nice collection,not sure about the Daytona strap

thanks

its a newman bund. if it was good enough for his its good enough for mine, also keeps the the original bracelets PCL's scratch free

Craftsman
    Wow nice collection! No place for moonwatch :)

Welcome. That's a cracking collection. Nice Omega trio. Grand Seiko would be a great next acquisition. That El Primero is a beaut and definitely on my wish list, the 42mm like yours. How do you find the non hacking, which is the only thing I'm not sure about? But then Pateks are non hacking as I understand it, so does it matter, probably not. Otherwise definitely my next watch target. Look forward to reading/seeing your future posts.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Welcome to the forum! That's a fantastic collection. Snap on the El Primero. Love mine as well!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strebor View Post
    Welcome. That's a cracking collection. Nice Omega trio. Grand Seiko would be a great next acquisition. That El Primero is a beaut and definitely on my wish list, the 42mm like yours. How do you find the non hacking, which is the only thing I'm not sure about? But then Pateks are non hacking as I understand it, so does it matter, probably not. Otherwise definitely my next watch target. Look forward to reading/seeing your future posts.

Great question.

you know, years back, for so long I never really cared, I wasn't really that fussed about "crazy accuracy" as long as it told me the right time.

But then one day...it happened, .......and I suddenly wanted, no NEEDED to have all my watches set to an atomic clock! down to the second ........ACCURACY!!!!!!!! and this became my number one priority, never liking it when I got a watch that didn't seconds hack

I did that for a while, until I realised it doesn't really matter as im pretty sure all of my watches (autos) are out by a couple or few seconds within a few days anyway...... so that bug left me and i just re set every so often off one of my quartz or an atomic clock time periodically.

i guess it fundamentally boils down to personal preference and wether you can get past it or not. i did and to be honest, i really wouldn't let that stop me getting a watch such as the El Primero, its beautiful, looks great and draws quite a few compliments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Welcome to the forum! That's a fantastic collection. Snap on the El Primero. Love mine as well!
    yes its a great watch, have it on now in fact. no idea why it took so long to get round to getting one.

Master
    You are going to need a bigger boat!! Failing that you will have to let one go, if you did what would it be?

Some lovely pieces there. Tend to agree with you in respect of the speedy, sold mine to a friend (pestered me for ages) and wished I never did. I will replace it very soon - missed out on the Speedy Tuesday as I may have popped for that instead . Still may if I can get one at a reasonable price.

Welcome

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    You are going to need a bigger boat!! Failing that you will have to let one go, if you did what would it be?

Some lovely pieces there. Tend to agree with you in respect of the speedy, sold mine to a friend (pestered me for ages) and wished I never did. I will replace it very soon - missed out on the Speedy Tuesday as I may have popped for that instead . Still may if I can get one at a reasonable price.

Welcome

It would most likely be the royal oak, i don't really wear it much and i think i was more into the "idea" of owning one than actually owning one (in fact, i fell into that same trap once with a PP calatrava)

Im not sure id ever have the nerve to get rid of my speedie, it will always be a "top 3" for me, in fact ive been toying with the idea of acquiring another, perhaps a vintage, or i do quite like the idea of the sapphire display back on a hesalite 3572, but if i saw a tintin id snap it up immediately!

[QUOTE=Adam F;4860536]Great question.

you know, years back, for so long I never really cared, I wasn't really that fussed about "crazy accuracy" as long as it told me the right time.

But then one day...it happened, .......and I suddenly wanted, no NEEDED to have all my watches set to an atomic clock! down to the second ........ACCURACY!!!!!!!! and this became my number one priority, never liking it when I got a watch that didn't seconds hack

I did that for a while, until I realised it doesn't really matter as im pretty sure all of my watches (autos) are out by a couple or few seconds within a few days anyway...... so that bug left me and i just re set every so often off one of my quartz or an atomic clock time periodically.

i guess it fundamentally boils down to personal preference and wether you can get past it or not. i did and to be honest, i really wouldn't let that stop me getting a watch such as the El Primero, its beautiful, looks great and draws quite a few compliments.

Thanks for that - it's interesting to hear your experience. I suppose so long as the minute hand is correct for time telling, who's fussed about the running seconds hand, and as you say mechanicals drift anyway after a few days. Not surprised you get compliments, as the dial in particular is so different and eye-catching, nevermind the quality, history and performance of the movement which sounds amazing the more I research it.