closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek Nautilus

Craftsman

Patek Nautilus

Does anyone have any idea of waiting times for a Nautilus? I’m guessing an Aquanaut would be less waiting time?

I’m going to collect a Hulk this week (waited less than a year), and was thinking of putting name down on a Patek.

Also, do the ADs retain papers on Patek’s? It doesn’t bother me either way as I’d be keeping (and yes, they are keeping them for the Hulk, but not an issue for me!)

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by moynan66 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea of waiting times for a Nautilus? I’m guessing an Aquanaut would be less waiting time?

I’m going to collect a Hulk this week (waited less than a year), and was thinking of putting name down on a Patek.

Also, do the ADs retain papers on Patek’s? It doesn’t bother me either way as I’d be keeping (and yes, they are keeping them for the Hulk, but not an issue for me!)

Cheers
    You may not even be allowed to join the list. I don’t think Patel would allow any of that nonsense like Rolex do but then again I’m not 100% sure on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    When I tried to get an Aquanaut from an AD they said 4 years (maybe 5) - can’t comment about Natulius. Why not go and visit some?

Steel Patek seem to have gone the way of sports steel Rolex. Though Rolex produce a lot more watches.

M

Master
    I would say it’s more about how good a relationship* you have with the AD, than simply joining a waiting list. The demand for them is incredible as is the grey market price in the last few months.

* how much have you/do you spend?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Forget it.

I just posted on another thread about the warranty certificate retention: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post4859470 - pretty sure Aurum Group stores do withhold them.

In my opinion, SS Patek models and the associated wait lists/AD games are a completely different league to Rolex.

Some lucky people have been able to continue their relationship with the same AD, who happen to stock various brands like Rolex and Patek.

Sadly the AD I buy Rolex from doesn't supply Patek, so I've pretty much had to start again - and it took over two years just to see a 5712, after various price increases during the wait time. I'm hoping now I've got my foot in the door, I won't have to wait as long for new pieces in the future.

Master
    The chances are minimal to nil. I did get one from an AD after a couple of years, but was a bit disappointed, especially with the quality of the bracelet clasp. It's like the ceramic Daytona, nice....but with a somewhat inflated reputation. In the end, to me anyway, both were a slight let-down.
    You will struggle to get on a list these days. Approach your local dealer, talk to them, explain you'd keep it for life. Keep fingers crossed.
    Or just don't bother.
    Last edited by paskinner; 19th August 2018 at 18:51.

Craftsman
    I am 1 year into my wait and was told to expect 2 years when I put my name down. I was also told that the dealer will keep the docs. for 1 year but I will get photocopies on delivery. Of course things may have changed in the last 12 months, best to go in and ask.

Craftsman
    I can’t get on the list for my AD for a 5711 or 5712 but can get a 5726

Craftsman
    5 years for a nautilus unless you have a relationship. AD may retain paperwork though not done so with me. If you have a relationship ive not waited more than 3 months.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

8 years minimum for a 5711. Mine is due to arrive before the end of the year. Rare as rocking horse poop.

It would take me thewaiting time to save up for one anyway .

I bought a 5726 on SC last year, and I love it - it's a special watch for a lot less than WF are asking for a pre-owned 5711.

Not as popular as the 5711, but the complications put it in a league above the base Nautilus.

Patek Salon London, Wempe and Watch of Switzerland - their lists are basically closed for the 5711.

To get onto the WoS list you needed to have either a) LT relationship with them or b) have bought 2 other PP watches. Alas I had neither!

Does anyone know of the wait times in Paris and Geneva?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Paris will be far worse, it has always been the place with the longest lead times.

Geneva will be the same as the uk salon. Basically unless you are willing to buy other stuff (not steel Rolex or steel pp) then give up and buy grey or wait a few years for demand to drop. There is no quick option in today’s market.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by moynan66 View Post

Cheers
    I have no experience in PP, but would be interested to know where you got your hulk from with less than a year wait. Are you a regular customer?

Master

Patek Nautilus

Most of them are closed lists, if you’re buying another watch they may tell you that your on ze list.

I’ve done a lot of business with both DMR and Boodles as well as Patek boutique in London, over here in Lytham I’m propping up the under-counter sorry Lenard Dews counter, although they lost the Rolex dealership I naturally went over on a promise

Last edited by Volvomanuk; 22nd August 2018 at 21:03.

Journeyman
    Anyone know if the same goes for the rose gold ones? Was hoping to get on the list for a 5712R, but since I have no relationship with any ADs in the UK I am not even sure where to start...

Master
    Blog Entries
    That might be doable, as in you should be able to get on a list. There aren’t many Patek dealers in the U.K so I would go in person to your local one and have a chat. If that fails then call every other dealer in the uk.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    That might be doable, as in you should be able to get on a list. There aren’t many Patek dealers in the U.K so I would go in person to your local one and have a chat. If that fails then call every other dealer in the uk.
    Thanks. Based in London, so a few to chose from here - anyone you would recommend?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roanje View Post
    Thanks. Based in London, so a few to chose from here - anyone you would recommend?
    I like Bootles, Royal Exchange (Nr Bank Tube).

I’d try Pragnell’s on Mount St. I recently got an Aquanaut from them with about a 6 month wait which I thought was prettt good for central London. The 5712r isn’t one of the more popular Nautilus so shouldn’t be too long a wait.

Craftsman
    Out if interest what is the retail on one? I’m aiming to get myself a Patek for my 40th, it’s some time away but an 8/9 year lead time is fine with me haha

Master
    Blog Entries
    Which one? Go to the patek uk site and look at the models, rrp is listed there on each models page once expanded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I’d try Pragnell’s on Mount St. I recently got an Aquanaut from them with about a 6 month wait which I thought was prettt good for central London. The 5712r isn’t one of the more popular Nautilus so shouldn’t be too long a wait.
    Agree with this. It’s a newish branch and so they have been getting a little more stock and establishing themselves.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Out if interest what is the retail on one? I’m aiming to get myself a Patek for my 40th, it’s some time away but an 8/9 year lead time is fine with me haha
    Don’t forget to add 9 years price rises as well.

Buy now put in safe in 9 years present to yourself sorted, together with a nice profit.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Thanks. Will give it a try

Lyndon looks after PP there, lyndon.jarvis@pragnell.co.uk is his email 👍🏻

Craftsman
    Another vote for Pragnells for me too! The team there are great.

And I looked at their site, didn’t see the prices but shall expand. I’d love a Nautilus but the 5167A has caught my eye.

Master
    Blog Entries
    they are there, you just need to click on a model and the the down expand button, then once expanded its nearer the top.