closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Change steel and gold Daytona for new steel and everose GMT?

*updated* Change steel and gold Daytona for new steel and everose GMT?

I’ve had my steel and gold white dial Daytona for a few years now since buying from new when discounts were available. I quite fancy a change and as I’m lucky enough to still have a steel Daytona in my small collection, I’m thinking of selling the two tone Daytona and purchasing a steel and everose GMT 126711 CHNR. Links to more info: https://m.rolex.com/watches/gmt-mast...chnr-0002.html
    Does anyone know if this model is running at a premium like the new steel GMTs? If I could buy one for list, I reckon I could come out of my Daytona and into one of these for not much money. (If it can be bought at list). I’m quite keen to try the newer 70hr power reserve movement in the gmt. Anyone got one or at least a Rolex with the newer calibre? Would you guys make the swap or stick?
    Last edited by Yeti; 16th November 2018 at 21:09.

There are about 40 listed on Chrono24 from European locations at the moment.

Priced at between £13k-£16k.

It is evident from pics on the incoming/new arrival thread, that there are already a few happy owners on TZ-UK.
    Last edited by gbn13; 19th August 2018 at 14:16.

Just spoke to an AD, there is a list, but I can be 3rd on it. The more I look at the “root beer”, the more I want it! Goodbye Daytona, hello rootbeer! Now for the wait...

The new CHNR is a beautiful Watch and I hope to get one next year all going to plan. As you have the other Daytona I think it’s a good switch over. Best of luck.

Craftsman
    That sounds like a good switch to make! Good luck and happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sheridan View Post
    The new CHNR is a beautiful Watch and I hope to get one next year all going to plan. As you have the other Daytona I think it’s a good switch over. Best of luck.
    Are you getting the all steel or the same as what I want, the two tone?

The CHNR is one that looks better in pictures than in person IMO. I was offered one, went to buy it and decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Are you getting the all steel or the same as what I want, the two tone?
    2 tone. I’ve seen it in AD, fitted it on and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    If I recall, you're a rather large guy. I'd imagine the Daytona looks a bit girlie.
    The new Root Beer is an absolute stunner and good size!

Craftsman

gmt

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    The CHNR is one that looks better in pictures than in person IMO. I was offered one, went to buy it and decided against it.
    Would agree on this one. The Bi-colour Gmt version with the brown and black dial is not a great combo. Secondary market currently has these at a £3K premium, which is frankly ridiculous.

Never quite convinced that bi colour works on any Rolex professional models, either go all steel or all gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Would agree on this one. The Bi-colour Gmt version with the brown and black dial is not a great combo. Secondary market currently has these at a £3K premium, which is frankly ridiculous.

Never quite convinced that bi colour works on any Rolex professional models, either go all steel or all gold.
    I am aware of the all steel or all gold argument. I personally have loved my two tone Daytona and see nothing wrong with them. The new gmt basically will be a swap for my Daytona of which il be getting a newer mode with newer movement etc. I would only pay retail, I’m not interested in paying over list. My AD basically said he’d have one for me within 3 months. Hopefully it’ll keep me happy until something really special comes along. Oh, and I actually think the colours really work. It’s different, and I think it’s good to be different..

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sheridan View Post
    2 tone. I’ve seen it in AD, fitted it on and loved it.

I have to say that looks amazing. I honestly think this watch should be getting a lot more attention than it does. Well, it must be popular to be trading above list...

It’s certainly different, not sure I’d say it was girlie though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I think the root beer bezel looks awful and the whole watch is very girlie
    I’m sure he’ll take your usual merchant of doom post onboard!

P.S. I think it looks great.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I think the root beer bezel looks awful and the whole watch is very girlie
    Pah!

Just realised, I could retire the new steel and gold bracelet to the box when I get the watch and pop on my hulks stainless steel bracelet thus turning the watch into a stainless steel variant, and keeping the original bracelet immaculate...

I personally adore mine, at the end of the day it is a personal opinion.

and keeping the original bracelet immaculate...
    To what end ?

To what end ?
    Nothing in particular.

Grand Master
    Stick with the Daytona, far nicer watch IMO.

Just realised, I could retire the new steel and gold bracelet to the box when I get the watch and pop on my hulks stainless steel bracelet thus turning the watch into a stainless steel variant, and keeping the original bracelet immaculate...
    I couldn't do anything about the polished centre links on this, but it does show that a steel bracelet would look lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I couldn't do anything about the polished centre links on this, but it does show that a steel bracelet would look lovely.

Would look superb and I dare say you wouldn’t see another in the wild with that mod..

Master
    Someone did this on rolexforum. Cannot find the thread at the moment though. I seem to remember one set of the end link pins worked but the other did not....

Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    I personally adore mine, at the end of the day it is a personal opinion.

I think your opinion is sound.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Someone did this on rolexforum. Cannot find the thread at the moment though. I seem to remember one set of the end link pins worked but the other did not....
    Found it, sort of. Have a spin through the pages may gives you seine good tips on which pins to use.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ghlight=126710

Master

Not an everyday watch for me but nice for the special occasion.

Edit-I eventually wound the crown in.
    Last edited by Hood; 19th August 2018 at 23:55.

go for it...it's a beautiful watch.

Master
    That new Root Beer is probably my favourite watch in the lineup at the moment. To me, looks much nicer in the flesh too.

One day....!

Well...that wasn’t too long to wait. Root beer awaits me tomorrow morning! Hope it’s as good in the flesh as it is in photos. Pics tomorrow.

Craftsman
    Would look superb and I dare say you wouldn’t see another in the wild with that mod..
    Pity , I think it looks far better than the original.

Here she is...I must say, this current iteration “rootbeer” is a wonderfully executed reincarnation. I think Rolex have really nailed it with this model. Every one seems to love it when on paper tones of brown/black shouldn’t really work. Really like it

Master
    The best model in the range IMO...congrats. The pictures just don't do it justice. I had to pass on one recently but fingers crossed for next year.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Very nice, congratulations!

Very nice indeed, I’ve seen one in person and for me it’s the nicest two-tone Rolex have produced so far, definitely on my list as a future purchase.

Journeyman
    Great watch considering you can get it at retail.

Master
    Morning Sir...did you consider trying this yet?

I have now done a deal to get the Root Beer, I should get it sometime in the next 3-6 months. I am planning to possibly do the same...how are you getting on with it generally?

I notice they are still listed above list, do we think the prices will hold firm or will it end up like the other TT GMT / Sub pieces into next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Morning Sir...did you consider trying this yet?

I have now done a deal to get the Root Beer, I should get it sometime in the next 3-6 months. I am planning to possibly do the same...how are you getting on with it generally?

I notice they are still listed above list, do we think the prices will hold firm or will it end up like the other TT GMT / Sub pieces into next year?
    Morning buddy,

The watch imo is one of the best watches to come out of Rolex for some time. Everyone I show absolutely loves the piece. It’s very warm, what with the browns and rose gold. I will be putting a stainless steel bracelet on at some point, I have a batman which I have recently picked up so will swap the bracelets over and post some pics...in actual fact I may do it this evening if I get time. I can see the price dropping only if the whole market softens. I wondered the same, generally two tone watches were available at a discount previously. I may be wrong but this particular watch is very popular. Get it bought mate, you won’t regret it.

Master
    To what end ?
    To both ends...

Master
    Morning buddy,

The watch imo is one of the best watches to come out of Rolex for some time. Everyone I show absolutely loves the piece. It’s very warm, what with the browns and rose gold. I will be putting a stainless steel bracelet on at some point, I have a batman which I have recently picked up so will swap the bracelets over and post some pics...in actual fact I may do it this evening if I get time. I can see the price dropping only if the whole market softens. I wondered the same, generally two tone watches were available at a discount previously. I may be wrong but this particular watch is very popular. Get it bought mate, you won’t regret it.
    I will do just that, now the wait begins! Agree with you about the pricing, but I called many ADs about the CHNR and most were not even willing to take my name! So hoping the demand vs supply stays as it is for a while now. Having said that, even if it loses money not the end of the world, as you say it is a unique looking piece and hopefully one to enjoy for some time to come...

Craftsman
    Rootbeer gets thumbs up!!!

I collected one in August, and it's so easy to wear every day - the black/brown work beautifully with the rose gold.

The fact that the BLRO Pepsi on Jubilee is currently selling for £1,500 more than the CHNR at Watchfinder just doesn't make sense to me ?