closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bedbugs …

Bedbugs …

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...st-infestation

I won't be sitting on tube trains or buses in London in future … and will think twice before using a cab

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Full haz-mat suit next time I fly

I read that earlier. Off to boil the bedding shortly . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Cain, who left a career in the City to launch Bed Bugs Limited, admitted that he “may have become slightly obsessed” with the pests. Had he ever had an infestation at home? “Yes. An ex refused to follow my advice about never sitting down on public transport. That’s one of the reasons why she became an ex.

Slightly.

I’ve never quite understood why London commuter trains and the tube don’t have hard plastic ‘wipe clean’ seats like you see in other cities’ transport. Normally get a seat on the train going in, but never on the tube or train coming home. There’s always a lot of sniffers, sneezers and the snotty nosed on the tube. Doesn’t anybody carry a hanky these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I’ve never quite understood why London commuter trains and the tube don’t have hard plastic ‘wipe clean’ seats like you see in other cities’ transport.
    I so agree. It's baffling that we use cloth-covered seats which are at once more expensive and infinitely harder to keep clean than a simple plastic one.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...st-infestation

I won't be sitting on tube trains or buses in London in future … and will think twice before using a cab

dunk
    So will you be walking everywhere ?? It looks like a load of hot air column fill to me.
    I'm sure these things have been around since the Big Bang any way.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    So will you be walking everywhere ?? It looks like a load of hot air column fill to me.
    I'm sure these things have been around since the Big Bang any way.
    As is your silly comment … Maybe read the Guardian article properly?

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    As is your silly comment … Maybe read the Guardian article properly?

dunk
    I have done and I have bigger things to worry about than bed bugs for heavens sake.
    Anyway, what makes you think they'll bite you, you may leave a sour taste to them...
    As for the Guardian, it must be true, bit like t'internet eh ?

Master
    The upholstery on the tube is 100% plastic. There are also about three barrier layers between the top layer and the stuffing. Its a desert for anything alive.

Your only risk is that you might sit on a seat that some freak has voided themselves upon. However urine is sterile (usually) and solids would be reasonably obvious I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    The upholstery on the tube is 100% plastic. There are also about three barrier layers between the top layer and the stuffing. Its a desert for anything alive.

Your only risk is that you might sit on a seat that some freak has voided themselves upon. However urine is sterile (usually) and solids would be reasonably obvious I think.
    Thanks that puts my mind at rest, I’ll dispense with the Japanese-style face mask, vinyl gloves and antiseptic wipes on the tube. People were always staring.

I had heard about the analysis of the stains on the seats, but a seat is a seat in London - go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up some bites from what I assume were bed bugs on a flight back to the uk a couple of years ago. Soon as I got home everything I was wearing went into the hottest, longest wash cycle in the machine along with all the clothes in my suitcase.

Fast forward two weeks, an overnight visitor emerged from the guest bedroom at home with the same looking bites on her body. We assume they came out/off of my suitcase which I'd left in the room overnight when I arrived back from abroad. SWMBO went into full overkill and finally got rid of them - but it took some time.

Take care out there. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.