closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A great experience with Lexus and a new (to me) LS600h

A great experience with Lexus and a new (to me) LS600h

As some of you will know, I've been trying to sell my beloved Honda Accord in SC for the last week or so. No joy yet but I'm hoping I can find a new owner who will appreciate and enjoy it.

The reason for the sale is that I've bought a pre-owned Lexus LS600h from the main Lexus dealer in Stoke on Trent. One came up their (briefly) a few weeks ago with 101k miles on the clock and a day or two over 10 years old. We went to view the car and liked it, considered it for a bit and was then told that another buyer had paid a deposit to secure the car. You snooze, you loose!

Well, in this case, we were lucky. A few days later I had a phone call to say that the original buyer had pulled out and the car was available. We didn't snooze that time! Deposit paid, car secured and early last week we went to pick it up last week. It was quite an occasion! Once the paperwork had been completed within the little booth there, the sales guy pressed a button, the back of the booth turned from frosted glass to clear and there, presented beautifully, was our new car!

It was a quite a shock (in the nicest sense)! The car looked superb. Pretty much everything was expected, with the wheels having been completed refurbished, a super machine policy and interior valet, new front grill and various other bits and pieces to tidy up the car that we had seen two weeks previously.

Anyway, business called so we had to leave the dealership fairly promptly to drive to Swansea for meetings, followed by a return trip yesterday evening. The car is beautiful to drive. Things that impressed me (which I had forgotten since I'd owned the two LS400s previously):

1. How cosseted you are from the noise of other traffic;
    2. The quietness of the engine;
    3. The amazing 17 speaker Mark Levinson sound system!
    4. The brilliance of adaptive cruise control (a first for me in a car). It made life so easy on the motorway;
    5. The supreme comfort and luxury of the interior for the driver and passengers.
    6. An average MPG of 32.5 for the 400 miles driven to Swansea and back during the journey which was quite a nice surprise.

I've bought this car as I'm driving quite a bit more as a result of my daughter's love of competitive swimming and all the training that this involves. Now, she lounges in the back, watching her chosen DVD, with wireless headphones and cooled seats and here own micro-climate too!

How confident are the Lexus? With minor haggling on my part, they put a full 3 year manufacturer warranty and I also provided a good deal on the service plan. I can't think of many car brands that would have the confidence in the product to offer this on a 10 year old car with 100k miles on it.

I know everyone loves pictures. So, here are some poor photos of the car today, a little dirtier than when I picked her up!

The additional warranty is very impressive!

Car looks lovely.

I'd like to take one for a drive.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Utterly fabulous cars.

It looks superb.

Master
    Oooh, whats all the fancy gubbins in the back?

Journeyman
    Very nice motor. Love Lexus cars. Their customer service is excellent too. Had 6 in total over the years with only one bad egg. That was the is220d - which was their first diesel engine and had big problems when the mileage climbed higher.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Oooh, whats all the fancy gubbins in the back?
    It's a load of stuff for the passenger to enjoy, including:

• DVD (comes down from roof) with wireless headphones
    • Fridge
    • Audio controls for the in-car system
    • Rear blinds on both side and back windows
    • Cooling and heated seats
    • Individual climate control settings for each individual passenger in the back

and probably some other stuff that I've forgotten!

Master
    Amazing to think that is 10 years old. Still looks fresh and the warranty is incomparable with anything at that age.
    Always liked the look of these cars

I had an older LS400s and I loved it... I would have another Lexus in a heartbeat and yours looks beautiful, congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Great write up!

A 600h will be my next car, I think that they represent the best value for money car at the moment. The fact that Lexus would stand over a 10 year old car by giving a 3 year warranty says it all really.

Anything you don’t like about it?

I wish buying my car (approved s/h Mercedes) from my local Lexus dealer a few weeks ago was a similar story but unfortunately not, congratulations I am very envious :)

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    Great write up!

A 600h will be my next car, I think that they represent the best value for money car at the moment. The fact that Lexus would stand over a 10 year old car by giving a 3 year warranty says it all really.

Anything you don’t like about it?
    Pretty much the perfect car for me. It is so quiet, so luxurious and such a relaxing place to be. We travel up and down the M6 from J17 to J19 a lot. It is all 50 in the roadworks. It is not an exaggeration to say that there is almost no noise from other traffic (even when it is really busy) and the car's own engine is just the faintest background noise. Absolutely stunning stereo means happy days on the music front!

I went for this model rather than the longer wheelbase (with the rear relaxation option) because the central console in the back can be moved backwards into the seat allowing me to put longer objects (keyboards/pianos) across the back seats. The boot is small (because of the hybrid batteries that take up quite a bit of space) and only really useful for one large suitcase plus assorted smaller objects.

Glad the TZ crowd like the car! Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Blog Entries
    Looks ace!

Sorry for the course question, but, how much might one expect to part with for something like that?

Blog Entries
    That looks fantastic for a 10 year old car

Master
    That looks good and I bet you got it at a good price too.

I'm on my 6th lexus (GS430) and I have to say that V8s are just bullet proof.

I got some sunburn on the leather which lifted a bit of cleearcoat so that's 150 plus some 300 for brakes and discs prior to its MOT but other than that this one has served me well for its 61k miles.

I normally change cars at 60k but to be honest I cant really find anything on the market with the same reliability/performance/comfort mix.

Enjoy your car (same colour as mine).

Brian

Wow!

I would love one of these, would make the motorway much more pleasurable!

Great car, enjoy it, I thought about one a few years ago but didn’t like the idea of squeezing it into parking spaces

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Looks ace!

Sorry for the course question, but, how much might one expect to part with for something like that?
    A very quick look on autotrader tells me that very late options, say '67 plates are between 90 and 100k, yes you read that right !

I saw a pre-owned option from late '08 around 12k but with double the OP's mileage. My very loose guess would be between 15 and 20k, but that is just a guess.

What a fabulous car though...

They used to call the old Rover P5 "the working man's Rolls". I think that title now belongs to the Lexus LS.

3 year warranty on a 10 year old car says it all- class.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    They used to call the old Rover P5 "the working man's Rolls". I think that title now belongs to the Lexus LS.
    From a quality perspective I think you got that the wrong way round

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic car and a superb buying experience.

A friend of mine has one. He's a sales rep and covers a lot of miles. He said it's as quiet and as comfortable as his office at home except it has 4 wheels. He's never tired at the end of the day even after a long drive.

Craftsman
    How are you finding the CVT box OP?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    How are you finding the CVT box OP?
    I think it is an 8 speed box from memory. It is sublime. The transition from battery to petrol and the reverse (including the regeneration under braking) is also very smooth indeed.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Not long after I got my GS 430 (another brilliant main dealer experience - Lexus really do know how to treat customers!) I was invited to a test drive day at some old country pile down South.

I got to drive an LS600h along with a GS450h and IS-F and it was my favourite of them all - as the OP says, it is such a relaxing drive.

They seemed to have thought of everything - I was struggling to think of sensible additions to the equipment that would make any sense at all.

Plus - Lexus build quality is outstanding. I had my GS for about 80000 miles and it still felt like a new car. The must have better screwdrivers (or something) in Japan!

I must admit, I keep toying with the idea of getting one of these (or the newer version) as they are splendid.

OP - do you find that the car seems to shrink around you when you drive it? It is one heck of a size but I never felt it was large - completely unlike the RX450h that I drove which felt like driving a tank!

Enjoy and accept my jealousy!

Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Not long after I got my GS 430 (another brilliant main dealer experience - Lexus really do know how to treat customers!) I was invited to a test drive day at some old country pile down South.

I got to drive an LS600h along with a GS450h and IS-F and it was my favourite of them all - as the OP says, it is such a relaxing drive.

They seemed to have thought of everything - I was struggling to think of sensible additions to the equipment that would make any sense at all.

Plus - Lexus build quality is outstanding. I had my GS for about 80000 miles and it still felt like a new car. The must have better screwdrivers (or something) in Japan!

I must admit, I keep toying with the idea of getting one of these (or the newer version) as they are splendid.

OP - do you find that the car seems to shrink around you when you drive it? It is one heck of a size but I never felt it was large - completely unlike the RX450h that I drove which felt like driving a tank!

Enjoy and accept my jealousy!

Mark C
    Thanks for your comments Mark. There is no doubt that it is a big car but it certainly doesn't feel like it once you are cosseted inside. I'm not sure what the difference in length is between mine and the longer wheel base (if anything), but I have a friend in Altrincham who has the LS600hl (similar age) and we are going to meet up to compare notes. As you say, the quality on these cars is amazing. The bodywork on this one looks better than my wife's new Qashqai which is just a few months old; interior wise, the leather, wood, stitching and finishing has withstood 10 years of use brilliantly. I keep finding new things and haven't even attempted to start digesting the 590 page owner's manual yet!

I'll drive this for three years and then look at options for perhaps getting one of the face-lift ones on a similar deal. I do like the contemporary design although I know many don't.

I bumped into Jonathan yesterday and I must say that the car looks like it has just left the factory. A lovely thing indeed, but huge!

Journeyman
    Great looking car- enjoy the ownership