closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6 hours in Barcelona?

Master
    Blog Entries

6 hours in Barcelona?

Looking for tips for a flying visit to Barcelona tomorrow.
    6-7 hours free as wife and i are currently in Girona and have to pick up M.I.L at the airport around 5pm tomorrow so my plan was to dump my car at the airport early and then take the bus into town for an explore.

I have never been before and other than the gaudi buildings/las ramblas I don't really have any plans.

I believe the bus arrives at placa De Catalunya so generally ambling from there is the plan.

I would love to hear any tips of places to go/see. My wife is as easily placated by nice cold cava as I am by an iced coffee...

Btw, Girona is amazing! Beautiful relaxed city. I have not heard a single raised voice since being here, not even a child being scolded. El celler de can Roca is not bad either!

You're close enough to Sagrada Familia to walk from where the bus drops you. I'd head there rather than down the Ramblas.
    Again, not too far from Placa de Catalunya is probably the best tapas bar Ive ever been to. Cerveceria Catalana on
    Carrer de Mallorca in Eixample is a great place to waste an hour or three. Full of locals ( you might have to wait) with stunning good and cava . I've been here a couple of times, last time I actually stayed rather than go to Camp Nou to watch the football.

Otherwise, again in walking distance, is the Picasso museum or just meandering up and down las Ramblas or you might people watch in the W hotel . The port is also very nice .

Don’t get the bus, get a T-10 ticket and jump on the train to the city centre.
    Quick wander round the Born and food market but avoid the Rambla tourist hell.
    LaCaixa art gallery is nice to wander round.
    Senyor Parellada is a nice spot to eat.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 18th August 2018 at 22:32.

Journeyman
    Casa Lolea
    Carrer de Sant Pere Més Alt, 49, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
    +34 936 24 10 16

https://goo.gl/maps/bY7oYzQDwX72

Great food here. Best pastas bravas I've eaten.

I’d pf recommended loads but then I read yourbwith the wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casa Batlo is amazing, Parc Guell is worth a visit too but a bit out of the centre. Went and looked at the outside of Sagrada Familia but didn't go inside. There was masses of scaffolding spoiling the outside when we went. Watch out for pickpockets, Barcelona is lousy with them.

Cheers,

Plug

Agree about Girona! You are hardly there in BCN and could end up just rushing around.

In your time frame I'd get the bus (It's a nice ride) and not be stuck underground on the metro. I'd visit El Born and wander the alleyways East of Via Laietana away from most tourists, it's a triangle between the Picasso museum, Santa Maria del Mar church and Santa Catarina market and all three are worth seeing but blob the museum due to lack of time.

Head back towards Las Ramblas and take in a drink at Placa Reial, yes it's touristy but still the best looking square in BCN and a great place to people watch. Then I'd get a drink, walk down the lower part of Las Ramblas directly past the Columbus statue and head onto the wooden boardwalk that leads across the harbour. There are benches but the floor is comfy enough, relax, dangle your legs over the water and you have the cable cars passing overhead to Montjuic and a magnificent view of BCN.

whenever I have been I have always enjoyed the food market (only thing worth going near the ramblas for) and then meander through the narrow winding streets of the old town just opposite.

do the hop on hop off bus to get a nice idea of whats on offer for next time you visit...

You're time-limited, so if seeing as many sights as possible is the aim, then I agree the hop-on, hop-off bus would whizz you around the best spots, as well as giving a general overview of the city. There's three routes, from memory, and they all stop at Placa De Catalunya.

If a more casual time is preferred, then a wander down Las Ramblas - and into the excellent food market - following by bearing left (before the end of Las Ramblas) so as to swing by the lovely Cathedral and a dander through the Gothic Quarter, which leads to the beautiful Ciutadella Park, Zoo & Gardens, and then down to the lovely beachfront. Plenty of stops along the way for beverages too.

Apprentice
    Brilliant city. I’ve been 3 times. Last time I done a Vespa guided tour. Easy to drive and you can fit a lot in whilst pretending your sons of anarchy on a scooter with an engine the size of a lawnmower☠️