closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My 6309-7040 restoration

Threaded View

My 6309-7040 restoration

So I picked up this ’84 6309 off SC a few years back, wore it for a while and then put it in the draw as the time keeping wasn’t brilliant.
    I had the intention of getting it serviced/regulated but never got around to it.

I kind of went away from watches and got more into Mountain Bikes – I sold a few of my collection to fund my bike habit – including my SKX007…..

So fast forward to earlier this summer where the SKX was discussed in some depth on another forum and I ended up getting another one – first new watch in 3 years.

I dug out my 6309 as well with a view to getting it serviced.

I spoke to my usual watch maker which seemed to have changed hands and the new owner appeared not to be interested in older watches and quoted a horrendous amount for a service. I think this was more to do with not wanting to do it……

So after a ‘who can service my 6309’ thread on here I was put in touch with Guy (Bodo) who agreed to take a look and give me an honest opinion of whether he thought it was worth doing – first thing Guy noticed was the dial was an after market job.

Not long after I had originally picked up the 6309 I picked up some spare dials for a few quid off SCWF.

I sent these off to Guy with the watch with the hope of finding a better one out of the bunch.

Guy got in touch and said that one of the dials I had sent was a Hong Kong dial from the same era as the watch – it was however this one:

Guy was up for the challenge of giving it a clean, with this being the result:

Guy also service the movement and put a new genuine crown on.

Here it is assembled:

After further discussion it was decided to re-lume the hands and dial along with replacing the crystal.

So a couple of weeks later this arrived:

A total transformation – really pleased with it.

Thanks to Guy for such an amazing job – he’s been brilliant to deal with.

Needs a new bezel and insert as the current one appears to be a 7002 bezel, but don’t have the funds for that at the moment.
    Last edited by Chris W; 20th August 2018 at 11:36.