closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Going to mod an SKX007

Going to mod an SKX007

Afternoon all,

I have a stock 007 that I’m going to modify so thought I’d post it here for interest and reference purposes. Below are pics of my watch and what it’s going to look like when it’s finished. The modifications will
    be:

Dagaz Mercedes hands with black surround
    Domed sapphire crystal
    Brushed plain or plain black chapter ring
    Ceramic insert

I’ll be getting Brendan to do the work and pressure test. I’m not flush with cash at present so it might take a while as the parts alone are around $100.

Watch this space!

That looks really good. Would you consider keeping the Seiko hands - I think they’re nicer than the mercedes.

Master
    Blog Entries
    IMO the standard diver hands will have better glow as larger glow area.

Maybe. I might change the bezel and insert like this:

Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    That looks really good. Would you consider keeping the Seiko hands - I think they’re nicer than the mercedes.

I think I prefer the first one you were considering - the red triangle looks great and picks out the red writing on the dial.

Seen a few photos recently of modded SKX013's! I have smaller wrists so have been looking into them a bit. Love the bezel insert with the red triangle you are going for.

Master

Second one is an improvement, you just need to swap that AM bezel insert for genuine and you’d have the perfect SKX.

A few years ago I used to wonder why all people weren’t modding their SKX’s and loving the DD sapphire and PO orange insert I’d added to mine. Then one day I just wondered WTF I’d done. Putting it back to original it just made sense and there’s no substitute for originality of parts. I think getting in to vintage totally changed my mind on modding Seiko. Now I see mods and think they look tacky which is odd when my opinion was so different a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Second one is an improvement, you just need to swap that AM bezel insert for genuine and you’d have the perfect SKX.

A few years ago I used to wonder why all people weren’t modding their SKX’s and loving the DD sapphire and PO orange insert I’d added to mine. Then one day I just wondered WTF I’d done. Putting it back to original it just made sense and there’s no substitute for originality of parts. I think getting in to vintage totally changed my mind on modding Seiko. Now I see mods and think they look tacky which is odd when my opinion was so different a few years ago.
    I see what you’re saying but I think there’s room for both in this fine hobby.

The op has had several nice standard Seikos and now wants to mod one.

Master
    David your inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    David your inbox is full
    Sorry, it’s got space now.

Master
    I found the domed AR Coated sapphire yesterday I removed from my SKX. Do it for £20 delivered if you want it.

I found the domed AR Coated sapphire yesterday I removed from my SKX. Do it for £20 delivered if you want it.
    Thanks but I don't need it now.

Owl1
    How domed is a sapphire crystal? i was interested in getting a 7548 modded and was going with a the domed acrylic, but was informed that these are not quiet suitable for these as W/R may be a problem .