closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronext

Craftsman

Chronext

Has anyone on here bought from Chronext before? How much weight would you put in their pre sale service/inspection.

I am looking at a used watch currently but feel it is a bit overpriced. I have asked if it is possible to negotiate and was offered a flat 1% discount... Has anyone gone to the London showroom and negotiated a bit there?

All else failing... How long do they normally hold onto stock before reducing it further?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Has anyone on here bought from Chronext before? How much weight would you put in their pre sale service/inspection.

I am looking at a used watch currently but feel it is a bit overpriced. I have asked if it is possible to negotiate and was offered a flat 1% discount... Has anyone gone to the London showroom and negotiated a bit there?

All else failing... How long do they normally hold onto stock before reducing it further?

Cheers
    Search forum, I’ve seen several 200€ vouchers on offer here

Can’t help with some of your questions, but I’ve bought new from them and despite the long wait the watch was perfect. I’ve bought used from them and the watch was like new, delivered quickly and made a perfect present - so despite being annoyed at their long delay in sourcing and delivering a new watch, they’ve always come through with the goods.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Search forum, I’ve seen several 200€ vouchers on offer here
    I think they're for when you spend over, €2500, so not much use in my case as I shan't be spending that much!

Thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Can’t help with some of your questions, but I’ve bought new from them and despite the long wait the watch was perfect. I’ve bought used from them and the watch was like new, delivered quickly and made a perfect present - so despite being annoyed at their long delay in sourcing and delivering a new watch, they’ve always come through with the goods.
    Thank you - helps to know!

Master
    I recently bought a 1987 Datejust from them. It’s running +10 spd so not in chronometer parameters. So, to answer your question, I don’t believe that their pre-sale service/inspection is all singing all dancing all encompassing. I can live with +10spd, some wouldn’t. If it gets worse, they’ll be getting a call. Worth asking the question before you buy if applicable to the watch you’re interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman

Arrow

Looking at Chronext website its easy to think its a good deal and lots of customer are very happy with the watched they receive ,probably a very high percentage satisfied customers. However going by feedback from buyers loads of problems, personally I would avoid them .
    I've found watchbuyers and watches of Mayfair to be excellent and that was after a lot of research on new watches. The other company I looked at was Montredo which also seemed good, not sure if anybody had bought from them on this forum yet.

Master
    From my experience with them, they are very hit and miss and I don't believe they carry out a detailed inspection of every watch. I had to send an Aqua Terra back that was described as AAA (or whatever grade they seem to give nearly every pre owned watch they sell). It had numerous ruined screws, a dink out of the side of the case, a cobbled together full set with the wrong boxes and just generally not in very good condition. There is no way it was checked before being sent to me.

Blowers in Hull are good, so is their website

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app